Jump to content
Cheap21

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, chrisml said:

Damn, i cant keep up with this never ending divorce  WHY are these two toxic, enraged, vengeful people still locked in matrimony together?? That's a recipe for tragedy and disaster. Just divorce and be done with it. Must say that I thought something was off about Hoppy from the moment he showed up on S3. 

 

13 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

 

I got a little noisy since I had not as of yet seen Season 4 and wondered myself. It seems like Gina was given the LVP RHoBH Season 9 style takedown and by reunion time it was her vs everyone, but...since she IS the star of that show that was a roadblock to RHoMel coming back. But like you, it doesn't seem like it's canceled...YET. I hope not. I do hope Gina comes back as well.

If you do get a chance to stream S4, please do! I thought it was a very watchable, fast-paced season and thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Pettifleur is no longer hogging precious airtime. I enjoyed it more than S3, actually. Yes, Giner [(c)Lydia] was on the outs with over half the cast, but nothing that can't be repaired IMO. It wasnt like what they happened to LVP where you could cut the hate with a knife. I still pretty much like most of the Melbourne cast after watching, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Damn, i cant keep up with this never ending divorce  WHY are these two toxic, enraged, vengeful people still locked in matrimony together?? That's a recipe for tragedy and disaster. Just divorce and be done with it. Must say that I thought something was off about Hoppy from the moment he showed up on S3. 

 

If you do get a chance to stream S4, please do! I thought it was a very watchable, fast-paced season and thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Pettifleur is no longer hogging precious airtime. I enjoyed it more than S3, actually. Yes, Giner [(c)Lydia] was on the outs with over half the cast, but nothing that can't be repaired IMO. It wasnt like what they happened to LVP where you could cut the hate with a knife. I still pretty much like most of the Melbourne cast after watching, lol.

Could you pm me a link??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antoyne said:

Could you pm me a link??

 

Done.

 

And I agree with @Cat I loved S4 of Melbourne and didn't hate any of the cast when the season was done. The fallout with Gina was nothing like LVP - it was a very fair fight and Gina was the legitimate source of a lot of nonsense. But none of it couldn't be repaired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cat said:

Damn, i cant keep up with this never ending divorce  WHY are these two toxic, enraged, vengeful people still locked in matrimony together?? That's a recipe for tragedy and disaster. Just divorce and be done with it. Must say that I thought something was off about Hoppy from the moment he showed up on S3. 

 

If you do get a chance to stream S4, please do! I thought it was a very watchable, fast-paced season and thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Pettifleur is no longer hogging precious airtime. I enjoyed it more than S3, actually. Yes, Giner [(c)Lydia] was on the outs with over half the cast, but nothing that can't be repaired IMO. It wasnt like what they happened to LVP where you could cut the hate with a knife. I still pretty much like most of the Melbourne cast after watching, lol.

I actually didn’t dislike Hoppy. Honestly watching Bethenny Ever After started my extreme dislike of her. She was terrible to him and his family. I feel like he got used, and lost his [!@#$%^&*] once he realized she was only with him to get a baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Antoyne said:

I actually didn’t dislike Hoppy. Honestly watching Bethenny Ever After started my extreme dislike of her. She was terrible to him and his family. I feel like he got used, and lost his [!@#$%^&*] once he realized she was only with him to get a baby. 

I never made it through an episode of Bethenny Ever After because *her voice* for one hour straight is... woah. She alwsys seemed to be complaining a lot. Also, unlike S3 RHONY where there seemed to be some love between the two, there no longer seemed any connection between her and Hoppy after Bryn was born.

 

This is going to sound weird but watching Hoppy on RHONY, I felt like he had this soft, calm voice, but behind the eyes.... I don't know, it's not really proof one way or another of what kind of person he is, it was just a feeling. Someone very tightly wound, perfectionist, who was a few messily-folded towels away from snapping. Both he and Bethenny seem extremely controlling, which is a recipe for disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cat said:

I never made it through an episode of Bethenny Ever After because *her voice* for one hour straight is... woah. She alwsys seemed to be complaining a lot. Also, unlike S3 RHONY where there seemed to be some love between the two, there no longer seemed any connection between her and Hoppy after Bryn was born.

 

This is going to sound weird but watching Hoppy on RHONY, I felt like he had this soft, calm voice, but behind the eyes.... I don't know, it's not really proof one way or another of what kind of person he is, it was just a feeling. Someone very tightly wound, perfectionist, who was a few messily-folded towels away from snapping. Both he and Bethenny seem extremely controlling, which is a recipe for disaster. 

That show also proved why she worked a lot better in an ensemble. Like you said, her voice for an hour straight was a LOT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bethenny on a spin off or on a talk show proved she isn't the star she thinks of she is.

 

I knew her going back to housewives would be horrible and she controlled everything.  It's why it's a horrible idea for a housewife to come back once she leaves....  nene is another example of a housewife that should have been banned from returning ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just started Potomac on Hulu. It’s funny: a former colleague who used to work at Bravo said there was a small contingent who were dismayed that RHOA became such a massive success because it muddied the upscale, worldly Bravo brand. (Yes, I thought it sounded racist, especially since they had no apparent issue with Jersey.) Potomac feels like the network’s attempt to do a course correction with an upscale, more “respectable” Af-Am franchise. Most of these women actually have pedigrees to back up their hoity-toity airs, in contrast to someone like Phaedra with her “Southern belle” nonsense.

 

I know Gizelle isn’t popular here, but as rude and narcissistic as Gizelle is in these early episodes, I find her somewhat likable and a breath of fresh air in contrast to the tightly wound Karen and Charrisse. I guess I need to keep watching to see when things turn.

 

Early Katie is ridiculous, both in an amusing and a grating way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Just started Potomac on Hulu. It’s funny: a former colleague who used to work at Bravo said there was a small contingent who were dismayed that RHOA became such a massive success because it muddied the upscale, worldly Bravo brand. (Yes, I thought it sounded racist, especially since they had no apparent issue with Jersey.) Potomac feels like the network’s attempt to do a course correction with an upscale, more “respectable” Af-Am franchise. Most of these women actually have pedigrees to back up their hoity-toity airs, in contrast to someone like Phaedra with her “Southern belle” nonsense.

 

I know Gizelle isn’t popular here, but as rude and narcissistic as Gizelle is in these early episodes, I find her somewhat likable and a breath of fresh air in contrast to the tightly wound Karen and Charrisse. I guess I need to keep watching to see when things turn.

 

Early Katie is ridiculous, both in an amusing and a grating way.

 

Really? That's what Bravo thought? B/c I hate to burst their bubble but the only upscale show was BH seasons 1 & 2. Other than that, Bravo was never really upscale or worldly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NothinButAttitude said:

 

Really? That's what Bravo thought? B/c I hate to burst their bubble but the only upscale show was BH seasons 1 & 2. Other than that, Bravo was never really upscale or worldly. 

There was a moment when they thought shows like Top Chef and Project Runway (deep dives into the creative and culinary arts that wealthy New Yorkers watched) were their future, not so much the HW franchises. They wanted to attract luxury brands for $$$$ and product placement.

 

Remember “Around the World in 80 Plates”? More of that sh!t... Top Chef still draws a high-median-income audience, which, even though its buzz and viewership have plummeted, makes it valuable for Bravo, especially with all the product integration.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another seasonal ratings (avg per episode) roundup from a Redditor, noting that some seasons are still airing:

 

18-49 demo

 

1.Real Housewives of Atlanta (Season 11) 0.749 18-49 demographic

2.Below Deck Mediterranean (Season 4) 0.562 18-49 demographic

3.Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Season 9) 0.560 18-49 demographic

4.Below Deck (Season 6) 0.535 18-49 demographic

5.Vanderpump Rules (Season 7) 0.502 18-49 demographic

6.Real Housewives of New Jersey (Season 9) 0.453 18-49 demographic

7.Real Housewives of Orange County (Season 14) 0.440 18-49 demographic

8.Southern Charm (Season 6) 0.435 18-49 demographic

9.Real Housewives of New York City (Season 11) 0.419 18-49 demographic

10.Dirty John (Season 1) 0.394 18-49 demographic

11.Married To Medicine: Los Angeles (Season 1) 0.339 18-49 demographic

12.Real Housewives of Potomac (Season 4) 0.338 18-49 demographic

13.Married To Medicine (Season 6) 0.334 18-49 demographic

14.Top Chef (Season 16) 0.309 18-49 demographic

15.Shahs of Sunset (Season 7) 0.285 18-49 demographic

16.Flipping Out (Season 11) 0.258 18-49 demographic

17.Real Housewives of Dallas (Season 3) 0.251 18-49 demographic

18.Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles (Season 11) 0.232 18-49 demographic

19.Project Runway (Season 17) 0.230 18-49 demographic

20.Million Dollar Listing: New York (Season 9) 0.225 18-49 demographic

21.Don't Be Tardy (Season 7) 0.215 18-49 demographic

22.Summer House (Season 3) 0.203 18-49 demographic

22.Play By Play (Season 1) 0.203 18-49 demographic

24.Southern Charm: New Orleans (Season 2) 0.188 18-49 demographic

25.Southern Charm: Savannah (Season 2) 0.169 18-49 demographic

26.Mexican Dynasties (Season 1) 0.155 18-49 demographic

27.Your Husband is Cheating On Us (Season 1) 0.144 demographic

28.Flipping Exes (Season 1) 0.140 18-49 demographic

29.Welcome to Waverly (Season 1) 0.130 18-49 demographic

30.Unanchored (Season 1) 0.123 18-49 demographic

31.Texicanas (Season 1) 0.108 18-49 demographic

32.Best Room Wins (Season 1) 0.096 18-49 demographic

33.Backyard Envy (Season 1) 0.086 18-49 demographic

34.Buying It Blind (Season 1) 0.063 18-49 demographic

35.Sweet Home (Season 2) 0.061 18-49 demographic

36.Get A Room: Carson + Thom (Season 1) 0.056 18-49 demographic

 

Total viewers:

 

1.Real Housewives of Atlanta (Season 11) 1.960 million viewers

2.Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Season 9) 1.661 million viewers

3.Below Deck Mediterranean (Season 4) 1.564 million viewers

4.Below Deck (Season 6) 1.44 million viewers

5.Real Housewives of Orange County (Season 14) 1.416 million viewers

6.Dirty John (Season 1) 1.33 million viewers

7.Real Housewives of New York City (Season 11) 1.283 million viewers

8.Vanderpump Rules (Season 7) 1.248 million viewers

9.Southern Charm (Season 6) 1.241 million viewers

10.Real Housewives of New Jersey (Season 9) 1.217 million viewers

11.Real Housewives of Potomac (Season 4) 1.038 million viewers

12.Project Runway (Season 17) 1.009 million viewers

13.Married to Medicine: Los Angeles (Season 1) 0.980 million viewers

14.Married To Medicine (Season 6) 0.95 million viewers

15.Top Chef (Season 16) 0.944 million viewers

16.Shahs of Sunset (Season 7) 0.89 million viewers

17.Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles (Season 11) 0.827 million viewers

17.Million Dollar Listing: New York (Season 9) 0.827 million viewers

19.Flipping Out (Season 11) 0.78 million viewers

20.Real Housewives of Dallas (Season 3) 0.68 million viewers

21.Don't Be Tardy (Season 7) 0.640 million viewers

22.Southern Charm: New Orleans (Season 2) 0.639 million viewers

23.Summer House (Season 3) 0.573 million viewers

23.Play By Play (Season 1) 0.573 viewers

25.Southern Charm: Savannah (Season 2) 0.55 million viewers

26.Mexican Dynasties (Season 1) 0.473 million viewers

27.Flipping Exes (Season 1) 0.440 million viewers

28.Your Husband is Cheating On Us (Season 1) 0.43 million viewers

29.Unanchored (Season 1) 0.384 million viewers

30.Best Room Wins (Season 1) 0.379 million viewers

31.Welcome to Waverly (Season 1) 0.37 million viewers

32.Texicanas (Season 1) 0.366 viewers

33.Backyard Envy (Season 1) 0.347 million viewers

34.Buying It Blind (Season 1) 0.293 million viewers

35.Get A Room: Carson + Thom (Season 1) 0.282 million viewers

36.Sweet Home (Season 2) 0.255 million viewers

 

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/cpdxt3/bravo_ratings_84198819/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For comparison:

 

From around this time last year in viewers:

On 9/23/2018 at 8:12 PM, Faulkner said:

 

1.Real Housewives of Atlanta (Season 10) 2.26 million viewers

2.Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Season 😎 1.65 million viewers

3.Vanderpump Rules (Season 6) 1.45 million viewers

4.Real Housewives of Orange County (Season 13) 1.43 million viewers

5.Below Deck Mediterranean (Season 3) 1.39 million viewers

6.Real Housewives of New York City (Season 10) 1.38 million viewers

7.Southern Charm (Season 5) 1.35 million viewers

8 Below Deck (Season 5) 1.27 million viewers

9.Real Housewives of New Jersey (Season 😎 1.26 million viewers

10.Real Housewives of Potomac (Season 3) 1.06 million viewers

11.Flipping Out (Season 10) 0.98 million viewers

12.Shahs of Sunset (Season 7) 0.95 million viewers

13.Million Dollar Listing: Los Angeles (Season 10) 0.91 million viewers

14.Married To Medicine (Season 5) 0.88 million viewers

15.Top Chef (Season 15) 0.85 million viewers

16.Southern Charm: New Orleans (Season 1) 0.82 million viewers

17.Real Housewives of Dallas (Season 2) 0.81 million viewers

18.Don't Be Tardy (Season 6) 0.78 million viewers

19.Million Dollar Listing: New York (Season 😎 0.72 million viewers

20.Summer House (Season 2) 0.63 million viewers

21.Southern Charm: Savannah (Season 2) 0.550 million viewers

22.Kandi Koated Nights (Season 1) 0.46 million viewers

22.Girlfriend's Guide To Divorce (Season 5) 0.46 million viewers

24.Your Husband is Cheating On Us (Season 1) 0.43 million viewers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all probably saw/discussed this when it happened, but I never knew about this Ramona Singer... performance... until now and... oh boy. :lol:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...