Cheap21

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

14 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

It appears Gina is going to try her damndest to get me to like her when she calls out Tamra’s two faced ass.

lol. But will she back down in the end?

Hmmm...then again in RL, Gina has not liked Tamra when she appears on WWHL and vice versa so...

6 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

So, the hubby & I are 3 episodes behind on OC and in no rush to catch up... this pretty much sums up our opinion of the Housewives franchises currently: 

1. NYC and Potomac - can't WAIT for them return and hope their Spring return is soon! 

2. ATL and BH - sure, let's see what they offer, but I'm not excited like I'd used to be come Nov/Dec. 

3. OC and NJ - hasn't held my interest in a while now (especially NJ). watching out of loyalty in hopes it'll improve. 

Basically, if we compare the "genre " of Housewives to the soap opera genre, I feel like we've entered the late 1990's phase of Housewives mania where there's a mixture of losing steam, lack of compelling storyline, holding onto veterans that need to be phased out, and contrived plotlines. 

You need to get Dallas in there!!  It's in the first category for me.

Overall though, I tend to agree - I like the analogy to soaps - it's very true.

My order would be this:

1. NYC, Dallas, and Potomac

2. ATL and OC (OC fell out of the first category about 2 seasons ago)

3. NJ and BH

Did anyone watch the Real Housewives Awards on WWHL this week?  I thought it was interesting to see the cities that won the most, considering it's a fan-voting award system (although, who audited this??).  At first, I thought 'Wow, no NJ winners and BH/ATL only had one winner each', but come to find out, they just didn't announce all the categories during the live show.  Here are the final tallies per city:

NYC - 2 awards (Sonja / Bethenny)

BH - 2 awards (Erika / Teddi)

OC - 2 awards (Kelly / Tamra)

Atlanta - 1 award (Nene)

Dallas - 1 award (Brandi and Stephanie - 'best friends')

Potomac - 1 award (Karen, the Grande Dame!)

NJ - 1 award (Dolores) 🤨 - how she beat Cynthia makes no sense to me, hence where are the auditors?!?

Those awards are rigged as hell. LVP gets no win because she’s currently at odds with Bravo regarding filming with the rest of the ladies. Kenya gets nothing because she’s no longer on ATL. Obviously they’re still trying (and failing) to make Erika happen. The only real shock is Teddi winning over Margaret. But then again most people didn’t want Teddi to return so once again Bravo pushing their agenda.

Edited by MrPrezident

5 minutes ago, alwaysAMC said:

Did anyone watch the Real Housewives Awards on WWHL this week?  I thought it was interesting to see the cities that won the most, considering it's a fan-voting award system (although, who audited this??).  At first, I thought 'Wow, no NJ winners and BH/ATL only had one winner each', but come to find out, they just didn't announce all the categories during the live show.  Here are the final tallies per city:

NYC - 2 awards (Sonja / Bethenny)

BH - 2 awards (Erika / Teddi)

OC - 2 awards (Kelly / Tamra)

Atlanta - 1 award (Nene)

Dallas - 1 award (Brandi and Stephanie - 'best friends')

Potomac - 1 award (Karen, the Grande Dame!)

NJ - 1 award (Dolores) 🤨 - how she beat Cynthia makes no sense to me, hence where are the auditors?!?

I don't watch that drivel. Only reason I knew about Karen was b/c the Grand Dame RT'd her win. 

Most of the sh*t is rigged, much like the polls in WWHL. Kathy Griffin revealed that a few weeks ago that Bravo plants a lot of their own stuff on WWHL in order to drive the narrative how they want.

I totally agree and see that... but the one that sticks out in my mind is New Jersey.  That's premiering soon and the only winner was Dolores, and she didn't even get shown on the WWHL awards special.  That's the only series that didn't win an award on the live show, yet it's premiering very soon and it's so close to NYC that Bravo wouldn't have to pay for their travel expenses.  Thoughts?

11 hours ago, NothinButAttitude said:

Most of the sh*t is rigged, much like the polls in WWHL. Kathy Griffin revealed that a few weeks ago that Bravo plants a lot of their own stuff on WWHL in order to drive the narrative how they want.

That was some piping hot tea Kathy spilled. WWHL has always seemed rehearsed and staged to some degree, but the phone calls were always the weirdest part. Nothing surprises me about this crap being rigged.

7 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

That was some piping hot tea Kathy spilled. WWHL has always seemed rehearsed and staged to some degree, but the phone calls were always the weirdest part. Nothing surprises me about this crap being rigged.

I do think that Kathy is going to be the first of many to come that are going to chip away and the persona AC has snowed people with. I've always seen him as a shifty, slimy salesman. 

17 hours ago, NothinButAttitude said:

I do think that Kathy is going to be the first of many to come that are going to chip away and the persona AC has snowed people with. I've always seen him as a shifty, slimy salesman. 

I'm just waiting for the day he's embroiled in his own #MeToo scandal. Surely not *every* 23-year-old NYC prettyboy wants to be starf*cked by a 50 year old man. 

20 hours ago, NothinButAttitude said:

While I didn't dislike it, it is time for a change with that intro...so...

MEANWHILE IN DALLAS @Cat and @DaytimeFan...

Kenya is in labor now! 😍

The Devil works hard but Queen Kenya works even harder. Just hilarious that Kenya's doctors are inducing her (due to preeclampsia) the day of the premiere. Nene & Andy are gonna be p*ssed. 😂

18 hours ago, NothinButAttitude said:

Kenya is in labor now! 😍

The Devil works hard but Queen Kenya works even harder. Just hilarious that Kenya's doctors are inducing her (due to preeclampsia) the day of the premiere. Nene & Andy are gonna be p*ssed. 😂

Brooklyn Doris Daly has arrived! Most hilarious comment Ive read is that Keny's labor upstaged RHOA's premiere

Edited by Cheap21