Cheap21

Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

8 minutes ago, Cat said:

Interesting the contrast between Jo/Alex & Simon and Gretchen. Jo was a literal child back in ye olde days of Bravo who didn't really know herself. When she broke up with Slade, it was her independence declaration. She had discovered what SHE wanted out of life -- and it wasn't him (as opposed to going along with what Slade wanted simply because she had no direction). 

SiLex, meanwhile, were older, wiser, and suffered through the 2008 recession. When Bravo pink-slipped them, it was small revenge to know that Jill  (who had made it her mission to try and ruin both their careers/get them fired from RHONY) was also kicked off the show. SiLex strike me as a solid couple with the same goal in life: to be happy. The decision to start over in Australia was a definitive closing-the-chapter on their Bravo life. If the fame game no longer wanted them, they had confidence in their combined abilities to start afresh.

Gretchen has moxie. But she's that girl who always has to have a boyfriend, the idea of being single is unbearable. As a result, unlike Jo, she cannot conceive of a new life without a guy. And unlike SiLex, she won't turn her back on her dreams of stardom. She is literally a mega star in her own mind. Hanging around the periphery of RHOC, there is always a chance the show might bring her back. Certainly, the last few seasons, Vicki advocated for Gretchen to return. After the awfulness of last season, I wanted Gretchen and, yes, even Alexis & Jim Bellino back too, lol.

Here is the thing... in order to have Gretchen and/or Alexis and Jim back... you had to get rid of Tamra since it would have been a hamster wheel because there was still unresolved issues between Gretchen/Alexis.. and Gretchen/Tamra (although I hope Tamra saying she wouldn't talk  to her if she saw in person would hold out).  

I'm anxious to see what season 13 will hold since there is a rumor one of the housewives has been downgraded thus the delay in releasing the trailer.

While season 3 was the gold standard for RHONY... I think season 4 was the gold standard for RHOC (a great mix of the original format, fun events, and some drama thrown in)... and Tamra learned her lesson from season 4 and since than will bring in all discussions done off camera onto the show.  I recall Tamra was acting all mean in her talking heads to Gretchen and people were confused since it appeared during the filmed scenes they got along (for the most part other than naked wasted)... and as it turns out, some of what Tamra said about Gretchen was true (I always got a All about Eve vibe from Gretchen where she wanted to be like Tamra, etc).

19 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

SEASON 4 IS ON RIGHT NOW!

Sob. :wub: Good times! 

Image result for rhony jill gifs

Image result for rhony season 4 Morocco gifs

Image result for rhony season 4 gifs

Related image Image result for rhony season 4 Morocco gifs

YEAH BABY

Related image

Just now, Cheap21 said:

Was season 4 the toxic season that turned people off of the show?

I remember the S4 reunion being a shrill, ugly screechfest (where Andy had to tell the ladies to “shut the f*** up” in complete exasperation), and I think that led to the massacre of Alex, Cindy, Jill, and Kelly. Oddly, Luann, who was responsible for a lot of the hostility in that reunion, dodged that bullet.

2 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Here is the thing... in order to have Gretchen and/or Alexis and Jim back... you had to get rid of Tamra since it would have been a hamster wheel because there was still unresolved issues between Gretchen/Alexis.. and Gretchen/Tamra (although I hope Tamra saying she wouldn't talk  to her if she saw in person would hold out).  

I'm anxious to see what season 13 will hold since there is a rumor one of the housewives has been downgraded thus the delay in releasing the trailer.

While season 3 was the gold standard for RHONY... I think season 4 was the gold standard for RHOC (a great mix of the original format, fun events, and some drama thrown in)... and Tamra learned her lesson from season 4 and since than will bring in all discussions done off camera onto the show.  I recall Tamra was acting all mean in her talking heads to Gretchen and people were confused since it appeared during the filmed scenes they got along (for the most part other than naked wasted)... and as it turns out, some of what Tamra said about Gretchen was true (I always got a All about Eve vibe from Gretchen where she wanted to be like Tamra, etc).

I think the downgraded housewife on OC is one of the newbies -- not the core 4 of Vicki, Tamra, Shannon and Kelly.

Was S4 OC Naked Wasted? Because that was... incredible. Tamra revolutionised the RH franchise. She made it Survivor, with the alliances and 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' and striving to win at all costs. I also think Tamra was like Shannon in that she showed us all aspects of her life -- even the ugly and painful (like the Simon stuff).

Gretchen was definitely Single White Femaling Tamra to a degree. She had watched the show, had taken notes, and Tamra was her fave, apparently. The one she related to, whose style she related to, the one she kind of wanted to be.

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

^Jill’s acting in the “We can NEVER be friends!” scene was so cringe-inducing.

One of the reasons she got tossed from the show. Nobody bought her fake-crying 'I'm the victim' stuff now that we knew how she operated behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Cheap21 said:

Like Faulkner said, the series post-Morocco along with the reunion really amped up the toxicity. Jill, Kelly, Luann and Cindy were invested in attacking Ramona, Sonja and Alex and getting them off the show. Alex was considered 'the weak link' and they attacked her mercilessly and stopped filming with her. It took the toxicity of S3 to another level, and resulted in mass firings which have not really been seen on any RH show since (with the possible exception of OC).

LOL and Cindy was so miserable and mean. For a while she was considered the worst HW in the franchise. I assume Kim Z 2.0 has scooped that accolade now.

Edited by Cat

5 hours ago, Cat said:

S1 RHONY is showing where I am (praying seasons 2, 3 and 4 follow!), and Alex & Simon brought so much to this franchise. The pretentious wannabes who became lovable-but-hapless voices of reason! Bethenny, Jill, Luann, Ramona and Alex were a perfectly complementary/antagonistic cast (Kelly, too, I guess). I hated that Alex got fired alongside Jill, Kelly and Cindy Miseryguts. She was poorly treated by Jill and her rottweilers, and I think she should have been rewarded with an invite to S5. In the long-run, though, it seems that when one door closes, another opens, and SiLex really embraced the opportunity to start again in Australia, go back to university, etc. Kudos to them!

I agree about Alex's treatment in S4.  For us viewers, I think we missed out on some good stuff (and a better transition from the original cast to the revamped cast of Season 5) by not offering Alex a full-time run in the 5th year (she was only offered a friend-of status, half-way through filming).  I wonder how Alex would've meshed with newbies Carole, Heather, and Aviva. 

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Sob. :wub: Good times! 

What a GREAT screencap, LMAO 

Can't wait to catch these on DVR tonight :)

Cindy was a humorless turd, but it's interesting to see she's still friends with Jill (and her circle of friends) to this day. I wonder if she's still doing her bedazzled va-jay-jay biz for single fortysomething women who need to impress their bedroom toys. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

34 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

What a GREAT screencap, LMAO 

Can't wait to catch these on DVR tonight :)

Cindy was a humorless turd, but it's interesting to see she's still friends with Jill (and her circle of friends) to this day. I wonder if she's still doing her bedazzled va-jay-jay biz for single fortysomething women who need to impress their bedroom toys. 

That screencap is everything lol :wub:

Cindy is also friends with Jules Wainstein, according to this recent-ish article: http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/cindy-barshop-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-where-is-she-now. And she still hates Sonja with the fire of a thousand suns.

Image result for rhony cindy sonja gifs

And yes she's still in the vajazzle business, or as she now calls it, 'Medi-spas.' Her spas are now doing 'natural' vaginal rejuvenation and, apparently, that's v empowering to women. 

Edited by Cat

On 6/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, Gray Bunny said:

4e03516359e711e4c94bf71e60e3f540.gif

That season provided some amazing "gif worthy" moments too, LOL 

That gifs always gives me life long before I knew who Ramona was. 

7 hours ago, Cheap21 said:

Yes it was! To do this day, it’s the only Housewife reunion I’ve never finished. It was the absolute worst.

And Jills acting in the we can never be friends scene was probably the worst the show has ever seen.