Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I don't ever need to see Jacqueline on my screen again! She burned that bridge from Crazytown back in S7.

I would however welcome Caroline and yes even Siggy back, and they could take Jackie's spot. Even though Siggy went certifiably nuts, I miss her dynamism. Caroline is very close IRL with Dolores, and of course is mortal enemies with Tre and Danielle. I don't think she's crazy about Melissa either. But I also don't think she would ever return to RHONJ without major family backup. This show is Teresa's patch now.

Of course what they should do is give Danielle a talking head, if not an actual HW spot.

All in all, though, it's a solid group at the moment with a couple of standouts. Andy was right for once when he announced that it was going to be a good season.

Oh man. She saw the fan comments after the show aired and is seriously backtracking. ALL the cast were snarking at LVP on that red carpet; now we are supposed to believe Kyle wanted to use that public, crowded event to 'make amends.' 

Please register in order to view this content

Dorit must be the luckiest ho in Beverly Hills. Her negligent actions have been overshadowed by the furore over the story getting leaked. I don't understand how she consistently gets away with being such a grifting mess!

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Only people I would want back on New Jersey are the twins. I thought they fit in perfectly and didn’t deserve to get fired. I would’ve kept them, added Dolores and skipped Siggy. Caroline and Jacqueline I can’t see fitting in with the new group. I also feel we’ve been there done that with Jacqueline. If anything, keep the cast the same and add. They finally had a rock solid season where everybody earned their paycheck. They should be confident enough in their casting to not have to revisit the past. 

• Members

Kyle is predictable...and she always rings false. She's seeing the backlash that is heading her way and the way this attempt at destroying LVP is about to implode on her and she's trying to do damage control. 

I really, really hope that LVP stays strong and keeps Vile Kyle out of her life completely. Ice her out, shut her down, and eliminate her. LVP hasn't really been a friend of Kyle's since the season when LVP sold her old house and she called Kyle out on the friendship changing once Mauricio got his commission cheque. Kyle looked livid at that and I feel LVP really meant it.

This kind of transparent approach to walk back her awful, disgusting, abusive behaviour really irritates me. Kyle really is the worst. 

• Members

To me, Lee Radziwill was the American equivalent of Princess Margaret. She was the spare and resented it and lived a life that, while glamorous, never seemed to reach a level of contentment. Sort of tragic in her way, equal parts brittle and mysterious. 

I do believe she and Carole remained relatively close after Carole's husband's death. It sounds as if her death was sudden, so I hope she is coping well with the last link to her husband. 

I cannot be team Teresa because she is too stupid. I don't enjoy Jackie, and in my view she should be a one and done, but I think she'll return because she's going to fight hard with Teresa and she is plainly smarter than Teresa by a country mile.

The NJ Finale was satisfying 100% due to Classic Marge. Margaret is the star of NJ and whether Teresa can live with that isn't my problem. I loved Margaret pushing Marty into the pool. Why has it taken a decade for someone to get pushed into a pool?

Teresa is so one note and stupid I would love for her to take an IQ test. I think she would easily score the lowest of any housewife of any franchise. Her combative ignorance against common sense is alarming. Danielle plays her like a fiddle.  

I do think Danielle should return next season...but in the Friend capacity she was in this year. Danielle is too unlikeable to watch full time. I don't want to see her day to day life. I don't want to hear her talking head interviews. She can show up and stir it up and get off my screen. I think the cast should be left intact. It was a great season and a very good mix.

Melissa was easily her best this season, despite the fact that she had ZERO storyline of her own aside from Joe disrespecting her career. That "sister" storyline was nonsense and I do not need to see crap like that ever again. 

The final shots with the updates on the women were all banal...and then they come to Teresa and Joe's deportation. 

• Members

That NYTimes obit seemed to put Lee Radziwill in her sister's shadow...again.  She outlived Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis by over 20 years and The New York Times couldn't find anything that belonged to Lee alone that they could expand upon?  These was not a very good, nor respectful obituary, imo.  

The one thing that interested me was that picture of her and Farley Granger that was in the article.

• Members

@DaytimeFan @DramatistDreamer The obituaries are a bit overshadowed by Jackie and the Kennedy's.

A few years ago, the NYT interviewed Lee Radziwill in her Paris apartment and asked her all kinds of things about her life -- not necessarily about Jackie -- and it was a good interview because it gave a more rounded picture of Lee. Its worth reading in full, but they also filmed a few segments. A few snippets from that interview:

Edited by Cat

• Members

The irony is that just last year, The New York Times began a section in the Obituary column that highlights what they refer to as obituaries of  "overlooked" figures, mainly women and minorities who, for whatever reason (usually racism and misogyny) have never appeared in major publications (like The Times) despite how accomplished, esteemed or notable these figures were.

And then they publish this. SMH.

@Cat Just over the weekend, in the Canceled Soaps section, I posted that The New York Times is one of the places that does pre-obituary videos where they interview notable and famous people and ask them about their life and legacy.  The video obituary allows the subject to talk in his/her own words.  They did this with former NYC mayor Edward I. Koch.  They've been known to do this over the past decade.  

A few years ago, NYT did an obit for a wealthy socialite whose family was mired in scandal upon her death and they did a much better job on her obituary.  I barely know who Radziwill was but I can see that her obit seems deliberately cutting.

• Members

The obituary as I read it was more interested in Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and how Lee Radziwill was merely an adjunct to JKO. But I promise you that the article written a few years ago, for the NYT weekend 'T' magazine -- and from which the video I posted is taken -- was so much more than that.

Lee Radziwill showed the reader around her Paris apartment, with its souvenirs and photographs. She talked about her artistic interests, and how she cultivated her own taste. She talked about the people she loved (her children, Jackie's children too, whom she adored, her husbands). She talked about the friends she had and those she lost (like Truman Capote). She talked about her parents and growing up in wealth and still feeling like an outsider. It was a great article because of the people she knew, the things she has seen, and she never came across as a sad or pitiful creature as the obituary described her. Instead, she came across as a woman who has been through much but still lived a great life. So I would definitely recommend you read that and forget about this silly obituary clearly written by someone who did not care to discover Lee Radziwill the person.

https://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/the-real-lee-radziwill/

http://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/02/17/t-magazine/17well-lee.html

https://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/in-conversation-lee-radziwill-and-sophia-coppola-on-protecting-privacy/

Edited by Cat

• Members

OC:

Vicki just posted on Instagram that she filmed her first night of the new season.  I guess she agreed to the contract terms... 

Also - rumors on the new housewife:

https://realityblurb.com/2019/02/12/report-braunwyn-windham-burke-joins-rhoc-cast-for-season-14-amid-rumors-of-vicki-gunvalsons-demotion-see-photos-of-her-huge-family/

Edited by alwaysAMC