Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Ratings have been dropping since the start of the season. I don't think they are going to rise much this year. I think this is going to be the season that marks the downfall of ATL as #1 on Bravo. 

I also think that this may be the beginning of Potomac taking the top spot seeing as their upcoming season is supposed to be a chaotic mess with the Michael Darby debacle. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for filling me in on what is going on with Bravo's promotion of the RHs... I don't get to watch live unless I am over in the US. I was there in early Oct and did notice the Bravo Home shows getting promotion, as was Jerry O'Connell's talk show. But RHOC and RHOD were also getting ads so I wasn't worried.

Bravo is not ready to dump the RH brand just yet IMO. It is still the stellar, top-performing brand after all. Last year's ratings posted some weeks ago showed just how many RH shows cluster in the Top 10, with ATL at #1 spot (though that may change). I do think Bravo is trying to diversify its content and open up RH to younger female viewers for ad-sales reason. Not so long ago, it seemed that Bravo wanted to attract a male demo, like they were embarrassed of being too closely associated with female/gay viewers? Not sure how that panned out, but it seems like they now have sets of shows which attract very different demos. Diversification!

I am seriously upset about M2M, not least with myself because ever since they moved it to Saturday, it has dropped off my radar. I don't know what Bravo's thinking is there.

Thinking about this young vs. OG thing on RH... It must sound like I am against the young newbies -- that's just because I've been disappointed by Baby Tinsley, Dorit, Teddi, Meghan, Eva Marcille. What I appreciate is balance between the different age-groups, and there are two shows which are giving me that: Dallas and Potomac. Both shows skew mostly younger in terms of cast. In RHOD, LeeAnne is the oldest at just 51 (D'Andra is 49, and the other 4 are some way behind). And I think we can all agree that Dallas needs LeeAnne and D'Andra for DRAMA (not to mention Mama Dee who is forever 21 -- in cat years).

Similarly Potomac is popping big time, with the majority of its cast below 40. Ashley is the youngest but she is stirring the pot like nobody's business! But the counterbalance is Dame Karen (55) -- without her, Ashley would not have a pot to stir in!

That was FAR TOO SHORT!!!

I need a +3 minute opener where everybody is getting their hair & makeup done and Andy is going from room to room watching these women shadow-box to Eminem's Lose Yourself in order to hype themselves up.

Mama Dee made my life with her purse "cuz I gotta give mah daughter her allowance." The shade, the shade! This is why Dallas needs a S4. And this is why D'Andra needs to stay on the show as villainess -- those fucked-up family dynamics have only just begun to be explored. 

Brandi -- a non-entity. Even Stephanie and Cary got in more face time than her in that trailer.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I'm ready for the Dallas reunion!  D'Andra going after Cary!!  I can't tell how many episodes we'll have - hopefully at least two!

NJ - Jennifer is probably my least favorite housewife we've ever had.  Wow, she's annoying, hollow and shallow.  I'm here for Margaret calling her out and telling her to piss off.

• Members

Brandi was pure evil. She was doing everything she could to trigger LeeAnne. Then she pretended to cry and got Stephanie back where she wanted her, dutifully by her side, comforting her fake ass. So ironic when Brandi called Kameron LeeAnne's b!tch. Who is your b!tch, Brandi? D'Andra?

Brandi is clearly the real Sniper From The Side. And yet judging by the preview, she won't get called out at Reunion -- all we saw was her yelling and blaming LeeAnne for something. Looks like D'Andracula is going to take all the heat. Once again, Brandi skates by unscathed. 

Please register in order to view this content

At least Cary can see how two-faced Brandi is. I'm sure Stephanie does too, but dutiful loyalty to Brandi means she won't admit it aloud.

Great season. I love a softer, gentler, self-deprecating LeeAnne. Kameron was this season's MVP. D'Andra was a great character study of conflicted, cowardly evil. Mama Dee was Queen Matriarch. Cary finally came into her own as Voice of Reason. And Stephanie & Travis are Hottest Couple. I wish this show got more love, and I'll be gutted if RHOD and D'Andra do not return for Season 4.

• Members

While we're on the topic, ratings this week:

REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRAVO 8:00 PM 1,855 0.8
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC BRAVO 9:00 PM 1,509 0.6
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ BRAVO 9:00 PM 1,139 0.4
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF DALLAS BRAVO 10:00 PM 667 0.3

Atlanta ratings went up this week, as did OC although OC was on Sunday following Atlanta.  

• Members

Wow. Dallas is down to 667,000....yikes. Do other shows that poorly rated get renewed??

Also find it amusing that Kenya's biggest online cheerleader, Tamara Tattles has now started questioning the validity of Kenya's pregnancy and of course all of her readers have now turned too. 

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Some do. Flipping Out and the Million Dollar Listings shows average those numbers. I’d guess that as long as the Dallas housewives aren’t getting huge heads and pushing for huge salaries, then Bravo probably will renew. I think Potomac averaged only slightly higher when it aired alone (without Atlanta). 

What about Kenya’s pregnancy is she questioning???  She was clearly pregnant and had a baby...  haha

Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

Totally agree with you...except I'd point out that Leanne did demonstrate that she's still got plenty of crazy Tennessee Williams in her. The way her facial expression and speech pattern changed towards the end of her conflict with Brandi was disturbing. Brandi succeeded in unleashing the old Leanne. When she threw herself on the lawn moaning "God, why have you left me? I'm all alone!" as Cary flatly bellowed "No, you're not, I'm RIGHT HERE." Pure comedy. Pure drama. 

The Dallas ratings are crap, but on the other hand, it's airing at 10pm and Bravo isn't promoting it at all. 

• Members

We've had 3 seasons of the tightly-wound Cary droning on about her marriage with Dr. Moobs being "better than ever."

Please register in order to view this content

What a relief to see her give no f*cks and put that snark to good use with LeeAnne's performative meltdown. While also contributing to the performative madness with her own drink.

Yeah, I saw the crazy come upon LeeAnne, and I hope it gave Brandi a fright. And as much as I have defended D'Andra this season, she was reduced to a bully's pathetic sidekick this episode. Clearly D'Andra was the pudgy, friendless kid in HS who wished the popular cheerleaders would include her in their circle. Well, her wish came true. The way she begged Brandi to hoist her ass up above the keg was especially sad. "Brandi and I have a great friendship because she's so light-hearted" -- yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Morticia. Brandi is using you, and she will hang you out to dry. And if D'Andra is too dumb to see that, then she is too dumb to run Mama Dee's company anywhere but into the ground.

Yep, I noticed that too. And her sheeple have fallen into line from the first comment onwards. The post already has almost 300 responses so clearly it was a smart move to create a mini RH polemic on her site to attract traffic.

Edited by Cat