Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I also find there is something special about the older ladies on these franchises, something about their additional experiences in life, their humor, their lack of [!@#$%^&*] to give. They have lived. They have these neuroses which can be out-there but also weirdly relatable sometimes. Whereas the younger mommies are more controlled and hyperaware of the camera. They kind of temper their natural fire a bit because they are so focused on projecting an image.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Melbourne starts filming in January, per Janet Roach. It seems that after the disaster that was Sydney, the producers gave a break to the RH franchise in Australia. Having been to Australia this year, it's a superb country and it's such a shame that Sydney was cast with such wholly unlikeable, awful women. But Melbourne will be back, I'd wager in May or June.

If Bravo is chasing that younger demo a la the way they killed daytime soaps...then they'll reap what they sow. NYC succeeds because of the mature cast it has. 

• Members

Thanks for the update. That's a shame that Melbourne got tarnished by Sydney's poor showing. I thought season 4 was Melbourne's sharpest and most compact season, and Janet, Gamble and Giner were compelling to watch. However, sounds like Foxtel wanted to preserve the brand by resting it for a few extra months.

Sydney had no likeability factor, with the possible exception of Maddie the Iraqi-born medispa owner, and the blonde singer chick (Zzzzz). What a contrived toxic mess. Athena X was literally out-of-control, and Lisa Oldfield was pure ice, free of all basic empathy (and married to a nasty 'populist' to boot). I hear it is returning in 2019 though.

I hope they don't touch RHONY. I don't mind balance and fresh blood, but right now MY peer group (early 40s) is not bringing it like to the franchise like the OGs are. I like Tinsley, and suspect she might blossom, but for somebody married into the upper-crust Mortimer family (and having dated a Cuban sugar-baron heir), she seems strangely dumb and incurious about life and the world around her. Contrast her with Dorinda, Luann, Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny, who have LIVED, and lived to tell the tale, seen some of the world and reinvented themselves a few times over. There is no competition. 

• Members

Agreed with all. Don't touch NYC. Save for a few youngsters that didn't pan out and Carole's recent exodus, the current core cast has remained intact for 4 solid years with promise already for this new one coming up. 

While I think BH and ATL need(ed) a cast shakeup, I hope they don't solely focus on the younger crowd. As I said recently, Real Housewives in its current state is like the daytime soaps as they neared the end of the 1990's. So here we are: 1999, Nielsen ratings freefalling, so we're beefing up the youth cast in hopes of attracting new, young viewers that'll become loyal fans for years to come. Here comes The Last Blast crowd; Jesse Metcalfe and the no-talent teens of Harmony, New England; a SORASed Marah and Shayne; MacKenzie and SORASed Billy; Liz, Lucky, Emily & whomever else was on GH; SORASed Rick and his babysitter Amber, etc. etc. 

• Members

NY could stand a minor shake up... Why Tinsley is allowed to still be a cast member I'll never understand, and Sonja has worn out her welcome.  Luann/Dorinda/Bethenny/Ramona are enough from the veterans.. with at least two new housewives added.. and you can still have an interesting show.  And I'm one that likes constant changes in the line up (why I never will give up on the OC.. which always changes up the lineup... though I think Tamra or Vicki need to go.. so that it can be rebooted properly.

• Members

I would think the writing is on the wall for this all for sure because of...

1) Bravo being adamant on turning Friday...FOR STARTERS...into Bravo Home and running with it. Not to mention it appears to be leaning more and more into scripted shows. I don't see half of the advertisement that the RH franchise used to get. Not to mention SHAHS and the like. Other than VP and BELOW DECK and competition shows like TOP CHEF and PROJECT RUNAWAY and even that is small. Look at that versus last year where by this point we would have ads running for RHOA, RHOJ, RHOBH, RHONY...even if it was six months out...AND VR. Why the shift?

2) The odd choice of putting MARRIED TO MEDICINE on Saturday with little advertisement. And the even odder choice of the RHOC reunion on Sunday with little notice. Because surely I was not the only one who thought it would be on Tuesday to see (thankfully) an ad saying it would be on Sunday as a lead in to DIRTY JOHN. And again...I didn't even know that RHOA was still new that night because again there was little advertising and they kept RHOA faaaarrrr away from DIRTY JOHN ads. 

Mama Dee is LOVE.  

YAAAAAAYYYY!!! Congrats!!!

Not to mention what's been going on on Y&R since Mel Young took over. 

• Members

Dallas:

Brandi is a beast from the pits of Hell. Seriously. It boggles my mind how she goes from antagonizing people to playing victim the next second. What p*sses me off is that she gets away with murder so much. I am glad that Kameron and now Cary see what she is doing. 

D'Andra is dead to me. The fact that she is now uttering "Leeanne is scary" is such bullish*t. Just last year, she was going toe to toe with Leeanne. Now she's scared? Girl, bye. 

Leeanne has had quite the journey this year, but I would've been fine if she regressed and knocked Brandi flat on her a**. Brandi was begging for a beat down.