Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

So no Shamari this episode... nor is she in the previews for next week.  The title card looks small and off without her.

Since when did Porsha become the star of this series???  She got the most airtime for this premier and the cliffhanger.  I'm not impressed.  She screamed gold digger tonight.

I felt for Greg.  

Cynthia is cute when she's in love - like a school girl.  I find it hilarious that she drinks her wine in a sea of grapes.  So meta

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ugh I am so happy for Kenya and glad that she got to pay homage to her grandmother too. Bravo is so stupid to not have caught this moment. 

Oh Nene is gonna be livid. You know it is going to be brought up one way or another tonight. While Andy will be able to hide his disdain for the topic, watch Nene give a dry answer b/c she's still not seasoned to hide her emotions. 

Now moving on to the premiere ... it was boring. 

The only scenes that touched me were Gregg's scenes. Other than that, the rest of the season was filler crap, which I think the entire season will end up being--just a filler season. 

How Eva landed a peach will forever boggle my mind. She's stale, boring, and thirsty to beef with Cynthia, who couldn't give two sh-ts about her. So weird that Eva's insults were against Cynthia's age as if Eva is still a young buck herself. When she has a fraction of the career that Cynthia has then come holler at me. All I remember Eva doing is top model, Y&R, and once upon a time dating Lance Gross. Other than that, what has she done? Nothing.

I think Shamari won't pop up until episode 3 and when she does, I still don't think she'll add much. It is going to be hard to fill the shoes of characters like Kenya, Sheree, and even Phaedra. While I always cried that this show may need new blood, I am regretting it. If this was the best Bravo could've offered, I think they should've left this cast alone, paid Kenya what she wanted, kept Sheree, and brought Phaedra back. 

This season has s8-esqe dullness to it. 

• Members

I think this will be a fun but more lighthearted season. I thought it was a solid premiere and next week looks really good! I like the ATL girls when they're more on the fun side with light shade. I'm going to wait until Shamari and later Tanya joined to truly make a decision. I'll give them 5-6 episodes before I decide.

• Members

I haven't watched the episode yet, but Eva was already working my last nerve last season with her highly lacklustre, nasally attempts at existing. I don't know who she thinks she is, but Cynthia Bailey was an honest-to-God working model of the 90s (when fashion was LIFE). Here she is with a few other black models of the time -- Queen Naomi Campbell, Empress Iman, Tyra Banks, Veronica Webb, Liya Kebede, and (I think) Beverly Johnson.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4CQGfNferzXd4SEOaW3k

....Whereas Eva la Basic (who I actually liked on ANTM) got on the reality show treadmill instead. Did she ever end up working in New York and Milan at all after ANTM? Or did she skulk around LA in the hopes of some Z-list TV work? How can she call herself a model? And a young one at that? She's 34! Unless you are a supermodel GREAT (see photo above), a modelling career is usually over before 30.

Edited by Cat

• Members

In agreement. Premiere was okay. Nothing note-worthy but mildly enjoyable. And yes, there was something missing (sorry, I think Kenya always nicely rounded out the cast). 

And YES, too much focus on Porsha, the Atlanta housewife with nine lives on this series. Guess this means she'll still have another 2 seasons after this. 

• Members

Love or hate her, Kenya added something.  Ironic she got dumped after becoming a wife and mother.

Cynthia had an actual modeling career, not naomi Campbell level..but a long lasting one (and she was in a music video back in 5he late 80s/early 90s...when thay meant u were a model with meaning).

Eva is pretty, but vacant...just like her stint on soaps.

Lets see the new blood before dismissing the season.

• Members

This latest OC episode reminded me a little of RHOC 8-10 years ago. We have multiple plastic surgeries (which I personally find fascinating). Bravo even did a nice little merge of Vicki's different faces through the years which was greatly appreciated by this long-time viewer. Also: Steve Lodge reminds me a little of Donn.

Tamra's son Spencer is... not at all what I expected!

Shane's coldness at Emily going through her twin babies' birth and death certificates was so odd and so unsettling. I'm not asking that he boohoo on camera if he doesn't want to, but he literally patted Emily's head like she was a dog and then perfunctorily put the baby box away like it was his tax returns. 

I have really grown to like Kelly this season, especially her friendship with Shannon, but she is going to get her ass kicked at Reunion for letting Gina take the fall with Tamra when she was kind of encouraging Gina's conversation with Shannon. I also predict that Reunion turns into an intervention for Shannon's alleged depression/drinking issues.

• Members

You pretty much summed up all of my thoughts!  Thanks for saving me the time!  Haha

That truly was sad to hear about how many miscarriages/children Emily has lost.

Atlanta premiere ratings are pretty disappointing.  They were averaging well over 2 million viewers the past few years, and closer to 1.0-1.2 in the key demo.  Here is what the premiere rated:

REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRAVO 8:00 PM 1,931 0.7

They're starting to normalize and average what the other shows are getting.  OC and other shows like Below Deck/Southern Charm normally go between 0.5-0.6.  NYC goes between 0.4-0.5.  Dallas averages around 0.3, along with Flipping Out/Shahs of Sunset/Top Chef.  Potomac gets skewed depending on whether they have a lead-in or not - can be 0.6-0.7 with Atlanta, otherwise 0.3-0.4 when alone.  I guess the +3 ratings will be key in determining overall success for Atlanta.

As predicated, Married Medicine jumped with their RHOA lead-in.  They normally average 0.3 and they bumped up to 0.5:

MARRIED TO MEDICINE BRAVO 9:00 PM 1,384 0.5
Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

I think the RHOA ratings are find. I found it a very strong premiere and they know it’s a transitional season which is probably why promotion wasn’t heavy. It’ll build as the season and drama starts. Kandi said there is tons of stuff that was left out of the trailer. We know Tanya, Marlo and Shamari are central to lots of the drama but we have hardly seen anything from them. 

Im going to say so far so good for ATL. 

• Members

ATL was fine. Not exciting but not horrible. I missed seeing Sheree. 

OC was also fine. Seeing Tamra’s son after so many years was interesting. And I’ve never seen a plastic surgery segment I didn’t enjoy. From what I’ve read Vicki’s surgeon discovered several layers of filler that had not been absorbed and he removed them all to give her smoother skin.