Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I didn't think of it in that context, because Vicki was so casual and up-front about it, but yeah, people judge those who need medication to deal with depression/anxiety. Kelly's reaction also helped to demystify that stigma. 

All three of the Core 4 had good advice for Shannon which she would do well to take on board, not just about her mental wellbeing but also about being self-involved. But she wasn't ready to hear it in her boozed-up, angry state. She also has preconceived notions about anti-depressants and maybe even depression itself. Some things cannot be handled by holistic medicine alone IMO.

Unpopular opinion but I like Gina and Emily better than last year's newbies, The Lesser Peggy, Meghan (who I have aggressively disliked since S10) and even Lydia. I don't know if they will last on this show, and I don't know if they deserve to last, but I'm ok with them.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh god I didn’t think the day would come where I would disagree with you AND @DaytimeFan. The new girls have GOT TO GO. Gina especially doesn’t fit in at all and her weird obsession with Shannon is annoying. And she once again snapped at and was an [!@#$%^&*] to Shannon like she’s done twice before and still wonders why Shannon doesn’t give a [!@#$%^&*] about her. 

Everyone keeps talking about Fun Shannon, but literally Emily and Gina are dry and boring as fuc.k. Vicki’s really the only one fun on this trip. And this trip has shown OC wouldn’t be OC without the OG.

Shannon May be exhausting but Tamra’s a shitt.y friend as usual.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I'm sorry we are on the outs! 

Please register in order to view this content

To put my comment into context: I said I'm ok with them, not that I love them!

I don't disagree with your characterization of either Emily or Gina. However, if I am more indulgent towards them, it's because I like them better than Peggy-Lydia-Meghan.

Peggy talked about cancer and masectomies, which I found very hard to watch in light of my mom's own battle. It made my brain hurt every time she tried to verbalize her situation. Lydia was trying too hard to pick a fight. And then there is sour, spoiled, entitled, judgey Meghan. A woman I dislike almost as much as Rinna and Bethenny!  

S12 was a really draining watch for me, to the point where I eventually peaced-out. S13 may be dull as dishwater but it is easier for me to switch off my brain and just... enjoy it? And that's because I don't have as visceral a reaction towards Lawn Guylind and Budget Jeana as I do to last year's crew.

• Members

Dallas:

Mama Dee's cooking group, featuring her BFF Marian and Kameron's MIL matriarch, Jimmy, was the standout scene of the episode. Mama Dee is such a deliciously shady... drama queen? Villain? Pot-stirrer? Friendship-whisperer? All of the above? I don't even know how to characterize Mama Dee anymore. I just know that I LOVE HER and need her to be a full housewife! Especially when she was oh-so-casually rinsing a pot right next to Leeanne, Kameron and D'Andra talking, eavesdropping like the busy-body she is..

D'Andra is such a messy, watchable villain. There is so much Freudian stuff underneath that anger. D'Andra seems to be coming slowly undone as she seethes in jealousy over Leeanne and stresses over the family business that she is about to crash and burn. Like a spoiled child, she cannot take an ounce of criticism. 

Kameron remains the show's VOR. Sorry you can't handle it, D'Andra! 

Thankfully very little Brandi this episode. BTW, is it just me that finds Stephanie & Travis a rather sweet couple? I feel like they are truly into each other, for real.

Edited by Cat

• Members

RHOC filmed their reunion. My guess on couch seating:

Emily - Vicki - Shannon - ANDY - Tamra - Kelly - Gina

...although I don't know whether Vicki has a 'sit next to Andy' clause in her contract lol. 

Early days, but prediction for Dallas reunion:

Cary - Kameron - LeeAnne - ANDY - D'Andra - Brandi - Stephanie.

• Members

DALLAS

What a great episode. I'm loving this season. 

Mamma Dee's cooking class was like an FBI interrogation over meatloaf, doused in ketchup, served with a side of inspirational 700 Club evangelism. 

I agree with @Cat I think Stephanie and Travis are the real deal. 

Kameron's MiL...not sure what to make of her. Was she being sincere with D'Andra? It all seemed like a big veiled threat. I have to wonder why these women care about what a segment of high society things of them. As RuPaul once said: If they don't pay your bills, then pay them no mind.

• Members

Agreed on Dallas - loved this week's episode.  Mamma Dee is everything for me.

The OC ladies are posting pics of the reunion on their Instagram.  Looks like it was probably pretty positive.  Vicki, Tamra and Shannon all posted pics of the three of them and captioned them with "Tres Amigas" and "Love my girls", etc. - so it looks like those three are still close and survived the reunion.

One picture of all of them eluded to the following seating chart:

Gina-Kelly-Tamra-ANDY-Shannon-Vicki-Emily

Emily's dress is horrendous.  Vicki's is too.  Everyone else looks really good, especially Shannon - she's dropped the weight.

• Members

Same.

From what I remember of my time in the South which has been half of my life at this point...it is a pretty big deal. I was just talking to my co-worker today whom parents live in Dallas and all that talk Kameron was talking to D'Andra...is true in Dallas and how they act. I know it could be uppity in Arkansas as well.

What I find hilarious though is that POTOMAC started as the show about society rules and now has been bringing the ratchet meanwhile DALLAS started as ratchet and now is a show about society rules. When they switch?

Please register in order to view this content

: D

I agree with you and @Cat though...I was so enjoying the episode because it rings so true. I love that the men stayed out of it and got along regardless of the fighting their ladies are doing.

So after all that slow burning we get to see the actual fight between LeeAnne and Ashley Abbott. Should be fun. 

Ooooooooo