Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I agree.  I think Yolanda fell out with the audience when she showed her cards that she was anti-LVP.  Then with the Brandy/Kim alliance and how shockingly inarticulate she was about her Lyme... she was sunk.  I'm suspicious of her (esp. with the way she marries and divorces), but give her the benefit of the doubt mostly... I think she suffered from a real language barrier (and probably a very real break with reality).  But what she did deliver was a glimpse into REAL wealth, power, and celebrity in LA.  It's a shame they didn't show more of Eileen's home and work life, because she also had a lot to share as a working actress with a husband from a famous Hollywood family with hot, young stepsons lol.  They should be getting this out of Rinna but she's a little too thirsty for it to come off as authentic as it may actually be. And Erika in that big ass mausoleum in Pasadena isn't bringing this lol.

I didn't know they were trying to sell.  Despite how I feel about them, while I think the lot is so special, the house is . . . it just doesn't feel like a home, with those glass office building doors and LVP's garish style... then with the landscaping and animals... it's like a crazy, tacky theme park.  But I'm sure it cost them a fortune and I'd understand why they wouldn't want to settle.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hmmm... methinks The Eyepatch doth protest too much! 

I still like D'Andra, and here's why: She and her mother are the most compelling character studies. As somebody who has worked in a family business, D'Andra reminds me of where I was 10 years ago. She wants to break free and control her own career, but she can't. Because her self-confidence is totally shot. Dee has her thinking that without her family's money/support/name, D'Andra will fail at everything in life. Her career, her marriage. Dee is not ready to cut the umbilical cord and has now offered up "100%" of the company to keep D'Andra close. Unfortunately, this is not going to help D'Andra's self-esteem issues. She has to prove to herself that she IS strong enough to go it alone and face failure and learn from it.

As a result of all this, D'Andra is projecting her self-hatred on her twin sister/mirror image -- LeeAnne. It's hard to see this friendship break up in real time because this was a true sisterhood. But right now, D'Andra cannot deal with LeeAnne finding happiness in her own life while she wallows in self-doubt. And she is desperately afraid that LeeAnne has exposed to the world that without her mother's money, D'Andra is penniless. So she is attacking LeeAnne's happiness (Rich).

For some reason, D'Andra was also deeply hurt by LeeAnne saying she wasn't crazy about children at Kameron's painting party. It may be the first issue on which these two women have totally opposing views. D'Andra deeply regrets never having had a child of her own.

Changing the subject, I heard somewhere Kameron described as an alien who has come to earth and is trying to learn the customs of us earthlings. Now I cannot unsee it whenever I see her onscreen.  I do love Kameron so much this season. She is becoming one of my faves.

• Members

I should clarify that I am talking about Villa Blanca which is LVP's Italian restaurant in Beverly Hills. It was shown a lot the first two seasons. Then LVP opened SUR and later PUMP and the focus shifted to those two establishments. Villa Blanca was site of the lawsuit made against LVP and Ken. They have apparently been trying to sell that restaurant off ever since.

Villa ROSA is LVP's house tucked between North and South Beverly Park. I too think it is a beautiful lot. I love the lush entrance and glass doors myself (letting in lots of light) -- it must be the height of luxury to have amazing security so that you CAN have glass doors and leave them unlocked! 

Please register in order to view this content

Love THAT CLOSET (which Kyle has tried and failed to imitate ever since) and her pool. IA about the animal menagerie, it all got a bit too much the last few seasons. But as LVP said, these animals give her love & affection that she craves. I'm sure she wishes her relationships with the HWs was this easy and unconditional. But maybe that has been LVP's problem in the past: thinking of people like pets and dominating the relationship. Sometimes the pet (Brandi) bites you hard.

If LVP and Ken ever sold Villa ROSA (their home), either they are in financial trouble, or they are going back to Europe. I can't see them selling this place unless they absolutely have to. To my knowledge, Villa Rosa is NOT on the market currently!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Lol "THEY'RE JUST HAAAAAANDS."

LeeAnne has been completely lovely, a loyal, empathetic friend to D'Andra and doesn't deserve to be treated like this. She shouldn't have gossiped to Cary about D'Andra's finances, though. And I cant hate D'Andra completely, so I will defend her because no-one else will. I still see last year's D'Andra in there. She is in an angry and desperate place right now, lashing out at the one person who cares about her. Plus this SL is the most intense on RHOD at the moment. If Darth D'Andra wasn't around to burn friendships to the ground, we'd have to sit through extra footage of Brandi and her two little terrors! (Having said that, I love that the kids on Dallas are the most natural, normal and unrehearsed of any of the franchises -- no Portia Umanskys here).

Edited by Cat

• Members

All caught up on OC... Kelly Dodd just gets more and more annoying. Even the way she says her opening tagline is obnoxious AF. "Call ANIMAL control, cuz there's a COOOOUGER on the loose," delivered in her usual sloppy tone. And when Vicki said she wishes she could talk to her mom, and Kelly gives that usual sloppy patronizing "Awww." Ugh. I'm ready for Kelly to bow out. 

I actually don't mind Gina and Emily. They kind of remind me of a Carole/Heather type of relationship, a bond forming as a result of being two newbies on a crazy show. As long as they don't isolate themselves like a Soggy/Dolores, they might stick around another year. 

Overall, it's an okay season. There's no fake cancer story or endless fallout of a fake cancer story, so there's nowhere to go but up. 

EDIT:

Side Note: I found it refreshing that Gina just openly and casually said she doesn't believe in God.  Then we watch as twice and thrice-married Vicki and Tamra clutch their pearls. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

It's about time the franchise go back to non housewives getting talking heads.  I think it adds dimension to the proceedings to get other peoples point of views... and Mama D needed to have her point of view expressed.. so I hope this will continue

The OC still has occasional talking heads from non housewives (even Shannon's twin daughters had one or two).  

• Members

RHOC

Gina and Emily’s obsession with Shannon liking them is annoying. And Gina conveniently forgets she’s come for Shannon twice. Why does she HAVE to be friends with them? She’s always nice in scenes with them. Over it. Shannon is so much more likeable these days, I don’t like that it’s gonna turn into a gang up on Shannon situation. She had me literally laugh out loud when she asked “Where’s fun Emily?!”