Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Saw RHONY Reunion, Part 1.  It's like the opposite of ATL (disappointing season; great reunion).  RHONY had a banner year, but this reunion has fallen into the toxicity levels of their season 4 reunion before the mass overhaul.  It definitely felt hollow without LuAnn there, as she was the driving force of so much of this past year. 

Seeing Andy prop up Bethenny and halt conversation when the other women called her to task was pathetic. I'm glad Carole calls out Andy next week; another friendship ends due to the show. 

Other than Dorinda's refusal to own up to her dependence on alcohol and her insistence that LuAnn owes her an apology (she doesn't), I actually didn't mind Ramona, Dorinda, and Carole calling out all of B's antics. It just stinks that EVERYONE spoke at once (shades of S4 reunion). Sonja looked pathetic, being B's lil sidekick (to which Ramona called her a puppydog... I *loved* when Ramona put her hand over Sonja's rambling mouth at one point).  Ramona's delivery isn't always the best, but she threw out A LOT of dirt about Bethenny not supporting other women, ruining friendships, not having female friends and all the BTS garbage B pulls on the show. And if Bethenny wants to hold onto a grudge where Ramona called her out on the Brooklyn Bridge way back in 2010, it's only because Ramona's prophesy was correct. 

I also loved Carole's digs that so much of what Bethenny does is for the cameras and what she does when the cameras are off are two different things. Which is what this report about her time in Puerto Rico echos: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5456121/Bethenny-Frankel-tried-quit-RHONY-feud-Carole-Radziwill.html 

As much as Season 10 delivered in spades, it sounds like behind-the-scenes have gotten so dark and toxic, with Bethenny serving as an uncredited producer and having so much influence with the show. With Carole gone, it'd be great to have Heather Thomson back (wow, I was always indifferent about her, but you know she'd called out B's bull, even if just for one season).  I'm guessing next season we're going back to two-team alliances with Bethenny/LuAnn/Sonja versus everyone else. Hmm... not liking where this is headed. 

P.S. Is the reunion 2 parts or 3? If Lu were there, it'd for sure be 3. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Totally agree with everything you said. This Reunion feels like a seismic shift into bitterness. The women will not be able to come back from Reunion to start Season 11 renewed and ready to rumble as a GROUP. And that is sad because the group relationship is EVERYTHING on RHONY. You really felt the finality of this in the flashback to Luann's cabaret night where she said "See ya, Dorin" and it felt like a goodbye. That friendship will never be the same (maybe because it was at its strongest when both were boozing?). Carole & Bethenny is dead. Bethenny & Ramona is dead. Bethenny & Dorinda is in critical condition (although I think they have a chance because their interaction is always intense, and in some weird way I think Bethenny wants Dorinda to like her). It really gave me that Season 4 vibe.

I also wish Luann had been there because even though she is Team Bethenny, the dynamic would have been more balanced and maybe Andy would have felt less inclined to defend Bethenny. There were moments when Ramona, Dorinda and Carole looked like the bumbling Keystone Cops tripping over each other to get a shot at her. Bethenny thrives in Reunion settings : she thinks fast on her feet. And with Andy backing her, she was very smug and smirky, sitting back and giving Sleepy, Dopey and Drunky enough rope to hang themselves. They looked like they were ganging up on her Kyle & Adrienne-style, season 2 BH, and that is never a good look.

Apart from Nutcrackergate 

Please register in order to view this content

I too felt that Ramona, Dorinda and Carole made valid points. Ramona battled her inarticulateness to express how Bethenny treats her like sh*t. Dorinda battled her sour attitude to defend herself. She is, of course, in denial about her drinking and other stuff. Having said that, Bethenny exposed her drunkenness in Miami and I felt her motives were not pure in bringing Dorinda down to dinner the night before going to Puerto Rico, knowing she'd been in the hotel bar that afternoon.

I think Carole succinctly exposed Bethenny's 'for the cameras' M.O. with regards to Jill. But she is going to pay for it in Part 2 with a phone to the face and her BFF Andy Cohen laughing at her. Andy was not as bad as I feared this episode, but next week is when we see his and Carole's RL friendship implode.

I don't know how Season 11 is going to shape up but... I'm a little fearful.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Time for a reboot for season 11.  This is the reason why you cant just have the group dynamic be the backbone of a housewife show.  You need a balance and most of them dont have anything going on, or unwilling to film.

Dallas is still new so the group dynamic hasn't worn thin.  OC will forever continue to shed and grow.  NY has already had trouble...and BH looks to be another boring season with the cast they have now (get rid of kyle and lvp).

Andy shouldnt be moderator especially for NY

• Members

What the “Dream Team” didn’t realize is that by being so bitter and acting with a gang mentality, they made Bethenny look sympathetic and I don’t even like her. She’s been a [!@#$%^&*] to everyone on the show at some point but the whole screeching on top of each other stuff just gave horrific flashbacks to that awful season 4 reunion.

I will say I actually admired how Bethenny completely kept her cool when they were attacking. To this day I still don’t know why Ramona wants Bethenny’s approval when it’s clear that she doesn’t even like Bethenny.

Kenya destroy Bethenny? Now that’s a good one. I don’t even like Bethenny but know she would absolutely wipe the floor with Ms. Rehearsed Moore.

• Members

They will chew up Shady Phae Phae and spit her out.

NYC

Saw the finale completely finally. And I am sad to see the end of Lu/Dorinda.

Overall, I loved her show though.

Just saw the reunion and...is Season 11 going to be Bethanny v Dorinda, too? Why she isn't a Carole, Dorinda can hold her own.

That said...this reunion would be so much better if they had taken a page from the last RHOA reunion and took turns going in on Bethanny rather than shouting over each other.  That said, Bethanny held her own well.

That also said...Andy, your bias is showing and I am here for Carole gathering him next week.

• Members

@Taoboi I agree they should’ve taken turns going at Bethenny to be more effective. She isn’t easy to rattle and when they all scream over each other it makes her more relaxed because she knows they look silly. It makes it easier to deflect, but this bunch isn’t as slick as RHOA girls who will wait patiently to destroy a bitch lol. I’m hoping Carole gets her next week, hence Bethenny almost bearing her with her phone. 

Now with RHOC are y’all enjoying it yet? I’m still bored. I didn’t watch last week. I’m going to either stack it with this week or wait a third week and binge in hopes it plays better that way. 

• Members

Shannon is the only one worth watching for me on OC! I’ll definitely give u that. Good or bad she always delivers and is an iconic housewife IMO. She is literally the only housewife I’m truly loving both in group and personal scenes. 

Edited by Chris B

• Members

I get the reasoning behind hiring them because both are younger and both have smaller children in order to provide something different.  Several of my stroller mom friends are enjoying their scenes, but they said the main draw for them is Shannon

Please register in order to view this content

If you're wanting toxic, high octane drama.. than RHOC won't be for you because that's the family oriented franchise.

I actually think the show should have given Peggy another season because throughout the 12th season, she was going through reconstruction.. and based on what I witnessed firsthand with my mom when she was going through it.  It isn't a fun experience especially when you're uncomfortable, in pain because you're being injected with a certain # of CC's that stretches your skin, and you're usually on pain killers.  So with that said, she should have been allowed a second change.. and perhaps just have hired either Gina or Emily to fill the 6th spot (or... just do 5 housewives.. which OC has always done up through the 10th season before the show opted to expand to 6 or 7),

• Members

I think Peggy would’ve been better if her English was easier to understand, but I do think she and Lydia brought a lot last season as I’ve said before. It was more exciting day-to-day. Peggy also had a interesting family to watch which you don’t have with Emily or Gina. I just snooze at their solo scenes. 

Dont get me wrong though, even boring OC is better than most franchises! This season just feels more like those slower early years, not the more glam past few seasons we’ve had.