Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

THE SHADE OF IT ALL!!! #teamkaren

Please register in order to view this content

Just a reminder that Ashley Darby’s restaurant, marriage, and relationship with her mother aren’t the only things failing in her life! As her new song on Spotify has only been listened to 1200 times!!! #RHOP #Dunzo

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Tonight's finale of Potomac demonstrated that without Karen this show would be lifeless.

Not only are Robyn, Gizelle, and Ashley utterly obsessed with her, they are incredibly jealous of her and need to feed off of her in order to be relevant because they have nothing going on in their lives. 

The lame prank of the Three Idiots dropping off a pizza at Karen's house in the middle of the night made absolutely no sense. Ashley's logic, particularly, made no sense. If someone was randomly ringing my doorbell in the middle of the night I wouldn't be answering the door - I'd be calling the cops to say someone had scaled my gate.

No surprise that Robyn's house flip remains a flop. Look whose in charge. 

Karen took down Ashley, and Ray took down Michael, beautifully at Candy-Ass's engagement party (also, wasn't it a bit preposterous that we had to endure an engagement party when all Candy-Ass has talked about is her damn wedding?). Ashley and Michael really don't know who they're trying to tangle with and the Hugers will decimate them systematically with stylish shade and effortless put downs. Karen let Ashley know exactly what she thinks of her opinion and she handled Michael like a pro. Michael's ridiculous (and rude) interjection while Ray was speaking to another party guest was amateurish and stupid. 

• Members

Potomac

This has been my favourite franchise of the HWs this year, alongside NY. The OG core group have know each other for years, the young 'uns are a good mix, and amid the fights and 'scandalous' revelations, there is just the right balance of lightness, shade and humor.

As @DaytimeFan said, without Karen, there would be no show. I love her, unapologetically, flaws, lies and all. Her issues give these other women a reason for collecting a Bravo cheque living. Her shade is unparalleled (Gizelle in her wildest dreams could never be this funny). Her comebacks are flawless. Clearly, Great Falls is a fake set-up -- but I wager that whichever condo she is camping at is still more fabulous than the Green Eyed Monsters' abodes combined. Yes, even the Darbys' large apartment, which looks like a sterile, steel box.

Ray showed up Thirsty Michael effortlessly and it was icing on the cake. Both the Darbys want to detract from their toxic problems by going after the Hugers. Many people say that Ashley is putting it all out there, that she has nothing to hide. I disagree. Ashley only puts out the issues which make her look good. The stuff with her mom is meant to showcase Sweet Hard-Working Ashley, taking care of her fambly. The baby talk on-camera? To coerce Michael into giving her a kid. However, Michael made clear tonight that he doesn't trust her to stick around after that little human ATM is born! This SL wasn't meant to showcase her gold-digging tendencies, but it has. I also notice that Production never presses Ashley on Michael's Grindr rumors like they do Karen's financial difficulties.

That look on Candiace's mom's face when Ray told Michael where to go was priceless. I'm starting to think that Candiace's mom, like Dale on RHONY, needs to be on this show a whole lot more. And I really am warming to Candy-ass. I like her and think she needs another season -- but without any wedding planning talk because it is BORING. 

Also her Chris has THREE kids?? What? I thought he just had one! Oy.... this marriage...

Edited by Cat

• Members

I have yet to watch an episode of Potomac but I was just thinking about the franchise as I'm from there and made a post about Capitol a few hours ago (the Clegg, McCandless, Denning homes on Capitol were exterior shots of houses in Potomac). Lynda Carter lives in Potomac and is our biggest local Hollywood celebrity, has she ever appeared on show? I don't think so, but she's a ubiquitous presence at the annual Kennedy Center Honors. When I flew to Florida a couple months ago, she was on the cover of the in-flight magazine at Reagan National.

• Members

Potomac, Chevy Chase, and Bethesda are the three primary ritzy Montgomery County Maryland suburbs of D.C. They, like the ritzy Virginia burbs of D.C. are primarily Jewish, WASPy, white.

Prince George's County Maryland, the sister Maryland County of D.C. burbs alongside Montgomery, has the highest concentration of wealthy blacks in the USA. Prince George's County is where this franchise should have been set. Authentically. Realistically. Some of you may be familiar with the MGM National Harbor where Cher is currently in residence. That's Prince George's County, and it's a lovely ferry boat ride along the Potomac river, or drive on the beltway to go see her. My point is, if Bravo wanted to be authentic and capitalize on the wealthy blacks of the D.C. burbs, they chose the wrong region.

Maria's parents, Sargent and Eunice Kennedy Shriver's home in Potomac (Lynda's neighbors on Harrington):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2008/dirt/news/ambassador-and-mrs-shriver-list-potomac-estate-1201228487/amp/

Edited by SFK