Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

@Cat I'm not surprised the OC isn't pulling in ratings that are closer to 2 mil (like in previous seasons).   Season 12 was a disaster.. and the shows refusal to fire Vicki is what is killing the show.  A lot of Housewife fans I've talked to in Chicago have cited Vicki as their primary reason they've tuned out of the OC... Facebook message replies on the RHOC page also indicate Vicki should have been fired, and even Twitter has said the same thing.

Yes, Vicki is the OG.. but lets face it... Nene and Bethenny left their shows and the shows carried on without them.. so I think it is time for the OC to shed their OG and focus onto the future.  She isn't married, her primary filming partner (Brianna) isn't on this year so we won't see her as a mother nor as a grandmother... I'm still questioning why she wasn't downgraded to friend of status since she doesn't have anything to offer that Shannon/Tamra/Kelly can offer.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know, I still find Vicki enjoyable to watch.  Sure, she's a hypocrite, but she's comical and makes me laugh with her antics.  

I just checked - the last OC episode to hit over 2 million was Season 11, Episode 10 - which was the episode they got into an accident at the sand dunes.  Season 12 never had a 2 million viewer episode, but the highest rated episode of that season was the Part 2 reunion at 1.89 million.  

• Members

Jill Zarin Bethenny really really really wants Carole to know that she 'won.'  ^^ 

Please register in order to view this content

So when are we going to get a 'focus group' telling Bravo to fire Bethenny? 

Honestly, Team Carole at this point (haven't seen yesterday's episode yet, so I reserve the right to change my mind). Carole may be cold, snobby, superficial. She may be obsessed with staying young (and that's why she latched onto Tinsley and Adam). But I can't fault her for knowing her own mind. She got tired of tending to Bethenny and having the energy sucked out of her. I truly believe she left because she was over the B and over the show.

Vicki is polarising for sure, and as you see here, there are viewers who are for her as much as there are those out there against her. Some feel she knew about the cancer scam and should be punished about it. My view is that she was in deep denial and half-crazed with grief (her mother's death). She had given up so much of her credibility to be with Brooks that she couldn't afford to let go of him when yet another scandal came up. She was so dickmatized that she didn't want to admit to herself that Brooks was lying. The show basically forced her to cut ties with Brooks once and for all, because her professional reputation and livelihood were on the line. And that is why some people accept that Vicki should stay on the show. Because she IS deeply flawed, and those are relatable flaws in a way. She is entertaining in showing us exactly what makes her tick, and not a lot of HWs are willing to show that side of themselves.

Could well be that RHOC took a hit because Vicki remained on the show. I also think that the constant harping on Brooks and Cancer for 3 seasons afterwards eroded the audience base. People just got exhausted hearing about it. I got exhausted every time Meghan showed up onscreen!

Vicki was on WWHL this week and the show made a point of having Vicki mega-fans call in. Vicki emphasised that she has a lot of fans and is close with them. It made me go Hmmmm because on one hand it seemed the show was bending over backwards to show us how big Vicki is with some fans. On the other hand, I have actually seen a Vicki 4-EVA lifer who has been her fan since S1 lol (the devotion was a bit scary tbh lol), so I know they are out there.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Truly childish. It's always about her. Only she can quit RHONY! I know she has a fanbase, but is she that universally beloved that she can call the shots like this?

BTW, in contradiction to Bethenny's statement, Andy was asked if Carole quit or was fired on his radio show, and he said that she quit. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

If she did, her talk show wouldn't have been cancelled after a season thus crawling back to RHONY with her tail between her legs.

But let's all of us talk about alcoholic Dorinda for a moment.  She needs rehab just as much, or more so, than Luann.  The way she acted with Luann.. and than failing to admit she was wrong on WWHL... I think she needs to exit stage left after this season... or tell her it's rehab or kiss your apple good bye.

Edited by Soaplovers

• Members

On another note, I am rewatching Real Housewives of Auckland and OMG, it is 10 episodes of perfection. I can't believe they won't do a Season 2! Angela Stone! Anne the champagne cat lady! Pot-stirring Louise!

These southern hemisphere RH shows are so watchable (the EP of RHoMelbourne, Kylie Washington, also did Auckland). Sydney needs some tinkering but hopefully it can do better when it returns in 2019.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I also enjoyed Auckland.  My guess is that the racial slur put a halt to everything in the way that the Salahis did with DC.  The legality aftermath and public reaction probably did that series in.  

NYC - I really think this Colombia trip was as entertaining as Scary Island.  What a bumpy ride, literally.  

I can't believe Dorinda at breakfast, while sober, defending herself and lashing out at Luann once again.  I agree, she's a mean drunk and really needs to own her behavior.  I think it's unfortunate that Luann won't be able to defend herself at the reunion because this is a topic that needs to be addressed.

• Members

New York

Probably the episode of the season. Sure, there was toxic feeling, and clearly it was a shitty trip for everybody --- literally. But all I felt was affection for every single HW this episode. Fundamentally, everybody loves each other, everybody is kind of obsessed with each other!, and that was showcased on the island especially.

-Bethenny encouraging Dorinda to talk to Luann,

-Luann hugging Dorinda wordlessly,

-Sonja flashing everything to everybody,

-Luann playing the (naughty but not malicious) dead-crab joke on Ramona in the hammock,

-everybody being Luann and Sonja's audience during their impromptu cabaret rehearsal,

-Sonja sitting on a crying Ramona's lap in the boat,

-Bethenny holding Carole's hair back as she threw up in a bowl,

all these moments were kind of tender and heartfelt in their way? The relationships these women share are evident. Even when they are on the outs with one another, they care.

The only bum note was the shot at the end of the lady scrubbing a bed down after the night's collective diarrhoea attack. It was disrespectful of a person who likely works very hard for a minuscule wage by US standards.

@alwaysAMC That's probably the reason I am most bummed not to see Luann at reunion -- I love her friendship with Dorinda, and that whole incident needs to be talked out.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Bethenny completely lost me making it a point to say Carole was fired. We all know if she was fired Bethenny is the reason. The only reason she’d say that now is because Carole destroyed her at the reunion. I guess next season they will be back to kissing her ass. 

As for RHOC, I still maintain last season wasn’t bad. From the beginning it had so many more iconic moments than we’ve had this year. Yes Peggy wasn’t successful (Mainly due to a language barrier I think), but I enjoyed it. I liked the smaller group settings and larger focus on their personal lives. Of course we needed Tamra, Vicki and Shannon to make up, but i still say that was a really enjoyable year. So far I think the new season is okay but I miss Lydia a lot. I didn’t always agree with her but I do think she was a nice person and wasn’t afraid to call things out and stir up drama. She also brought glamour to the show which is missing now. The two new housewives do nothing for me thus far.