Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I don’t know why anyone thinks Bethenny had Heather fired. Do you really think Carole would be friends with Bethenny if that were the case? Heather left on her own to focus on her business and also because of marital issues. She’s a smart cookie and wasn’t about to let that play out on TV and effect her personal and work life.

I wish she’d come back and take Tinsley’s place. Add Jill as a friend and we’d have the perfect cast!

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Okay, this has been bugging me all day since my OC didn't really start until the first season with Lizzie and Shannon.

Bravo has been reboardcasting OC's seasons for its upcoming new season.

I know people have mentioned how Tamra and Gretchen fell out eventually, I guess this season they were showing as Tamra's second season. What was the drama with Tamra/Gretchen/Ryan again? I saw one episode of Gretchen being drunk and Ryan flirting, but nothing appeared to come of it the following episode. I take it from comments that it snowballs? In any case, it's the 4th of July today so I had to run around. And now...I kinda want to know what happened?

• Members

Well, the episode you talk about has to be seen to be believed. I hope you get a chance to view it one day because it was the original Dinner Party From Hell, rife with tiny quirky details. Gretchen was considered an Anna Nicole type golddigger. There were rumours of her leaving Jeff at home while he was going through convalescence to party on the down low. Tamra was determined to expose her and figured that a younger man was Gretchen's Achilles heel: specifically Ryan. So she organised a big dinner party and plied Gretchen with alcohol from the moment she arrived. The cameras caught Tamra whispering to Vicki that they were going to get Gretchen "naked wasted" -- which she already was, as by that point she was trying to dry-hump poor Don at the dinner table. Gretchen had to stumble to the ladies room so Ryan followed her and a cameraman tried to follow him but failed. Still, Gretchen was miked up and the sound crew managed to catch a possible kiss before Gretchen told him to stop and leave. Which he did because... the cameraman was right outside the door, probably! In this age of MeToo, the whole setup was sketchy as f, but even back in the day, it was tiptoeing the line of whether Tamra had pimped out her son to take advantage of Gretchen while she was highly intoxicated. It didn't go further than a few seconds in the bathroom, but Tamra was lucky she didn't have a lawsuit on her hands. It was probably the most contested episode of the season. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Thank you, Cat. Out of context, it seemed innocent enough interestingly enough (you're cute, but I can't, but you are cute. was glad he did stop when she said no). I do agree that it sounded like a kiss from what I saw.

Oooooo

• Members

This site is talking my language because the bloggers feel the same aversion to Bethenny as I do! So I have literally fallen into a hole over there. Their love for Potomac Karen is also fab. Thanks for the link, I will read this asap.

To clarify: do I think Bethenny called up Bravo and shrieked "It's either me or Heather!" ? No. But I do think she has pull, and Bravo made things difficult for Heather, pressing her on showing her marriage problems, knowing Heather would say no. In any case, I am just speculating about Bethenny's involvement (or lack thereof). I do think B had a hand in Jules firing because she practically bragged about it on her radio show at the time.

IA, I would really enjoy having Heather back and Jill, too. However, I don't think Heather trusts Bravo all that much and the question is: who besides Carole would Heather become close with? She doesn't have many allies in this group. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I definitely remember last season being “Bethenny Frankel and the Housewives” with promo tie-ins and spinoffs and the narrative always being told through her eyes. That’s why I was glad we were “allowed” to see the majority of the women discussing Bethenny a few episodes back. 

I dont remember S8 being bad. I loved how LuAnn was able to stand tall as the others tried to make her the punching bag. (If I wasn’t on my phone I’d pull up that amazing smirk shot of her at the Berkshire’s when Bethenny was going off on her for “fu.king anything”). I hated Carole and Bethenny shaming Jules’ eating disorder but it reflected on THEM very poorly (it was also ironic, as those two are such bony skeletal figures). 

Speaking of looks, Ramona’s new glam squad makes her look gorgeous this year! The makeup, the hair, all of it makes her look a good 15 years younger than last year, when she looked so harsh and the 4K high-def cameras made them all look so ragged in the face. 

I love how both Heather and then Carole used to try to rationalize the crazy and call her out, and then eventually had to succumb to the fact that she’s the OG and her brand of crazy is here to stay. 

• Members

I thank God everyday for how good NY is right now. It is giving me life! Because despite one woman wielding all the power over them, the other women are not willing to put up with it anymore. And they aren't obsessed with appearing the good guy or the victim to do it. They put their messy asses out there, flaws and all. Sonja has made it her bread and butter! Dorinda has taken a hit this season, but she's still sloppily going for it. And Carole of all people leading the charge? Carole is not beloved by the fandom and had the most to lose. She is still a mean bitch but she's not pretending Bethenny stole her child or anything. She simply doesn't care about being Bethenny's beck and call girl anymore. It's real and harsh but weirdly relatable and thank goodness it is authentic. Thank goodness too that Luann's cop car had a camera with audio. The mess is here for all of us to see and frankly I like these women all the more for it. What a difference from BH, where everybody is strategizing like crazy and playing a role and desperate to be the good guy. They are literally petrified of showing their real selves.

Edited by Cat