Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Somewhere in upstate NY, Yolanda is taking a bat to her new almonds-and-lemons fridge. 

Well, KMcP can have him. He seems needy, in love with himself, and super high maintenance.  

• Members

Just rewatched season 8 of RHONY in like three days so here are some stray thoughts.

The Bethenny and Carole friendship is far inferior to the Carole and Heather one where they actually felt like equals and you could just tell how much they genuinely enjoyed each other.

God season 8 was the start of the constant Tom mentions and it was so f.ucking annoying. Honestly rewatching season 8 has made me not feel bad for Luann at all. She was so damn obnoxious after she met Tom.

Jules...what to say...I didn’t like her at the start of the season but she ended up winning me over. She was quirky. I would’ve liked to see her get a second season.

Bethenny sucks most of the season. Like a lot. It’ll be interesting to watch season 9 again when Bethenny is clearly trying to repair her image.

Sonja lamenting about losing a f.uck buddy we never even knew she had in Tom is pretty obnoxious and annoying as well.

I couldn’t watch the whole reunion. It was toxic similar to the season 4 reunion. And Bethenny pretending like she didn’t already have a plan to call Dennis’ daughter, and the daughter sounded completely rehearsed. We’re not stupid Bethenny.

I totally see why John barely shows up now. He kinda sucked and the ladies ripped him to shreds.

It was an ok season but I felt season 7 was stronger. Plus we lost fun partying Luann.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

THIS in a nutshell. I found seasons 8 and 9 to be by far the worst seasons of RHONY. Worse than season 4, worse than leg-throwing season 6. S8 is hard to watch towards the end with the million Tom mentions, the plotting against and laughing at Luann, the reunion. Bethenny almost made me quit the show. And season 9 isn't much better: one SL (Ramona vs Bethenny), and there was so much Bethenny content (Bethenny and Skinnygirl! Bethenny and her Skinnygirl snowboard! Skinnygirl luge! Skinnygirl tequila! Bethenny and Fredrik flipping real estate!) that it literally became The Bethenny Show. No other HW got a look-in. The show was trying so hard with the contrived Ramona stuff to force me to sympathise with poor victim Bethenny, but I just couldn't. It almost lost me as a viewer.

(Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a Bethenny bash lol but it really bothered me the propping she got the last two seasons. Ok I'll stop now lol).

Edited by Cat

• Members

I remember when we were all watching at the time that we noted it had become Bethenny Frankel’s Housewives of New York. The propping of Bethenny was nauseating. Season 10 is working for me because it seems the cast as a whole is no longer scared of the wrath of Frankel. 

• Members

Yeah, they were afraid because she got Jules fired and probably Heather. She has basically turned into Jill Zarin, her biggest nemesis -- the difference being that she has legit bts power and that's why production give her the sweet edit. 

After treating her co-stars like the hired help, I figured others besides Ramona would rebel. The ladies are stars in their own minds and will sooner or later refuse to play second fiddle. What is surprising is lazy-ass Carole (who relies on her friendships for free luxury vacations) would be this season's standard-bearer! I guess she didn't like Bethenny ordering her around either.

Season 10 is much more balanced, and I really like it that way. It actually helps me enjoy Bethenny a little bit more ! Just a little bit.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I think the complaints about Bethenny since her return are why this season is so good. Nobody seems afraid to go toe to toe with her. Carole and Ramona would’ve been eviserated in previous seasons had they done this but for whatever reason it’s working this year. She definitely steamrolled Heather and Jules and if she had her choice I feel like Ramona and Sonja would’ve been fired too. 

• Members

I felt we were robbed of seeing Ramona's life post-Mario... that was one of the things I was looking forward to so much in season 7/8/9... but we hardly got to see Ramona on her own.  Very disappointing.

Hence why I liked RHOC.. because no one on that show has power.. and there still is an element of  5 to 7 individual narratives (I love how newer viewers whine about that and how I point out that was how the show started.. and then they shut up lol  Then those same viewers remark at how much they like the earlier season).