Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wonder if Bethany's personal brand is being hurt by the negative impression that she is leaving upon this season? 

While I never understood the appeal of Bethany as a guru/advisor/maven, her publishing is based mostly on giving advice.  However, every episode this season includes a scene where she cannot read the tone of the room correctly.  I know the viewers have the benefit of editing and background music but, she cannot correctly identify the feelings of her friends.  Even the nutcracker incident was not about manners but recognizing that Dorinda was embarrassed in the front of the rest of the party when Bethanny was so effusive to the delivery guy and ignored Dorinda's effort.   And it seems to go beyond personal relationships because she has at least worked with most of the women for years.  The choice of Sonja-the-mute as a talking board at the spa should have been her first clue that things were not going well.  So, my question remains, who would go to her for advice if she knows so little about her own relationships?

Also, does anyone believe that Luann has ever read one of her artfully displayed books?

I like the Sonja deer shoe but I understand Dorinda's point about making a business from your ex-husband's name.  I wish Dorinda would remind her friends that she has been divorced and she has been widowed and she understands the difference.

• Members

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually hate Bethenny's VTs 'hilariously' attacking the other HWs with zero consequences, but that impression of Ramona flirting was OFF THE CHAIN!!! Ramona in a wheelchair with a cast on her foot going to the club was equally epic!

I am so ready for that boat ride lol.

One of the things I love about ATL currently is Kandi and Kenya's quiet alliance/friendship tbh.

*whispers* I actually feel Bethenny is better this season than the last two seasons. 

Please register in order to view this content

Seasons 8 + 9 utterly ruined Brand Bethenny for me. I am still not over it, tbh. She used her power behind-the-scenes to try and fire/ruin people while playing poor widdle victim on camera. Bethenny, thy name is Jill Zarin.

Is she so far up her own ass that she is unable to read a room? Yep -- and that is pivotal for somebody who claims to be Voice of the Audience. Is she trying to look like the victim in this Carole fight? For sure. However, I don't think she is entirely in the wrong in this Carole fight. And I think she is genuinely, humanly hurt that Carole has icily moved on and jumped to another friend. 

She should be, but I think her image has taken a hint from these Gay Pride reports. IA she should be on her best behaviour through at least the next year tbh. This is meant to be The New Lu.

Edited by Cat

• Members

NY

Just in case...

LOL at LuAnn and the wig.  Sad that her friendship with Dorinda appear to be O-V-E-R.

RHOA

NOW it's looking like Kenya and the producers have hit stalemate. If not resolved before July 9...Kenya's out. 

All of this because she got married without their sayso. I can't. 

• Members

Firstly, the NY trailer...I'm spent. I'm living for it. I want this show to win an Emmy. It's the best reality television out there. It is hilarious, dramatic, moving...ideal. 

Tonight's episode was very good. 

I loved all of Sonja's scenes this episode. You could see the real affection between her and Luann. Throughout the years they have never really screwed each other over and have quietly looked out for each other - a real friendship. I'm glad Sonja gave Dorinda hell at the restaurant. Dorinda retreated awfully quick because she realized she had zero support at the table. 

Dorinda has made a real ass of herself this season and she's wrecked a lot of the goodwill she built in her first seasons. She just seems like a nasty drunk. 

Ramona did a "best of Ramona" in dealing with how everyone was telling her to apologize. It was hilarious. Ramona is so fake and rehearsed that she can't have an authentic moment unless she's piss drunk in a pool with a naked Bethenny. 

Luann does seem different, post rehab. She is calmer, slower to react and generally more centred. I say good for her. I'm rooting for her success. 

Carole and Tinsley don't have a story without Bethenny. I'm just so glad Bethenny made made of Tinsley trying on wedding dresses and the way Tinsley reacted was pure immature crap. She takes herself very seriously. 

• Members

RHONY - Bethany got her dress at Amsale eight years ago and the sales people still call her when Tinsley drops by?  I can believe that retail clerks all over Manhattan shake at the sound of Bethany's voice but, I don't believe any of them still keep in touch.

Did Tinsley admit bridal shopping to Carole because she knew that Bethany was going to bring it up at supper?

Dorinda was totally dismissive of Tinz when they were left alone in a room at the spa.  I think it is the only time that those two ever were in a scene by themselves.  That relationship gets no focus but Dorinda obviously has feelings about Tinz.  They are both upper eastsiders, both were in the late 90's NYC society scene, and they both probably have equal wealth.  So, they have the most in common and yet seem the least likely to hang out with each other.