Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here is the thing... in order to have Gretchen and/or Alexis and Jim back... you had to get rid of Tamra since it would have been a hamster wheel because there was still unresolved issues between Gretchen/Alexis.. and Gretchen/Tamra (although I hope Tamra saying she wouldn't talk  to her if she saw in person would hold out).  

I'm anxious to see what season 13 will hold since there is a rumor one of the housewives has been downgraded thus the delay in releasing the trailer.

While season 3 was the gold standard for RHONY... I think season 4 was the gold standard for RHOC (a great mix of the original format, fun events, and some drama thrown in)... and Tamra learned her lesson from season 4 and since than will bring in all discussions done off camera onto the show.  I recall Tamra was acting all mean in her talking heads to Gretchen and people were confused since it appeared during the filmed scenes they got along (for the most part other than naked wasted)... and as it turns out, some of what Tamra said about Gretchen was true (I always got a All about Eve vibe from Gretchen where she wanted to be like Tamra, etc).

• Members

I remember the S4 reunion being a shrill, ugly screechfest (where Andy had to tell the ladies to “shut the f*** up” in complete exasperation), and I think that led to the massacre of Alex, Cindy, Jill, and Kelly. Oddly, Luann, who was responsible for a lot of the hostility in that reunion, dodged that bullet.

• Members

I think the downgraded housewife on OC is one of the newbies -- not the core 4 of Vicki, Tamra, Shannon and Kelly.

Was S4 OC Naked Wasted? Because that was... incredible. Tamra revolutionised the RH franchise. She made it Survivor, with the alliances and 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' and striving to win at all costs. I also think Tamra was like Shannon in that she showed us all aspects of her life -- even the ugly and painful (like the Simon stuff).

Gretchen was definitely Single White Femaling Tamra to a degree. She had watched the show, had taken notes, and Tamra was her fave, apparently. The one she related to, whose style she related to, the one she kind of wanted to be.

One of the reasons she got tossed from the show. Nobody bought her fake-crying 'I'm the victim' stuff now that we knew how she operated behind the scenes.

Like Faulkner said, the series post-Morocco along with the reunion really amped up the toxicity. Jill, Kelly, Luann and Cindy were invested in attacking Ramona, Sonja and Alex and getting them off the show. Alex was considered 'the weak link' and they attacked her mercilessly and stopped filming with her. It took the toxicity of S3 to another level, and resulted in mass firings which have not really been seen on any RH show since (with the possible exception of OC).

LOL and Cindy was so miserable and mean. For a while she was considered the worst HW in the franchise. I assume Kim Z 2.0 has scooped that accolade now.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I agree about Alex's treatment in S4.  For us viewers, I think we missed out on some good stuff (and a better transition from the original cast to the revamped cast of Season 5) by not offering Alex a full-time run in the 5th year (she was only offered a friend-of status, half-way through filming).  I wonder how Alex would've meshed with newbies Carole, Heather, and Aviva. 

What a GREAT screencap, LMAO 

Can't wait to catch these on DVR tonight

Cindy was a humorless turd, but it's interesting to see she's still friends with Jill (and her circle of friends) to this day. I wonder if she's still doing her bedazzled va-jay-jay biz for single fortysomething women who need to impress their bedroom toys. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

That screencap is everything lol 

Cindy is also friends with Jules Wainstein, according to this recent-ish article: http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/cindy-barshop-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-where-is-she-now. And she still hates Sonja with the fire of a thousand suns.

Image result for rhony cindy sonja gifs

And yes she's still in the vajazzle business, or as she now calls it, 'Medi-spas.' Her spas are now doing 'natural' vaginal rejuvenation and, apparently, that's v empowering to women. 

Edited by Cat