• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

BH:

It's bittersweet watching the closing finale of BH with that music, mainly because this used to be my favorite franchise.

The finale 'fight' was so contrived and non-existent, they had to dig back to last season for an excuse. Kyle looked ridiculous having a tantrum about f*cking Pantygate, though she inadvertently put her finger with what is wrong with the show: everybody is so self-scripted and afraid to show how they really feel. Rinna acknowledged it too when she said she pulled back emotionally because she didn't feel like fighting 'injustices' (cue a shot of VanderSatan).

It sounded like something Erika would have said. Most of these women seem desperate to imitate Erika, from glam squad to keeping their emotions in check and watching from the sidelines. If everybody is watching from the sidelines, waiting to pounce on easy prey, it doesn't make for riveting TV. 

Couldn't help but feel bad for Kyle tonight. Watching American Woman, it is clear Kyle cannot let go of her past and childhood. Kathy and Kim just will not give her the love and validation she needs. I was surprised at how unironic and 'normal' the clips seemed -- like the show was made in the 1990s and not 2017. The mother character seemed strong and caring of her children, but I'm not sure Big Kathy was like that all the time. Maybe Kyle needs to rewrite her childhood in a more palatable form, hence the show. I also see why Kyle projects so much neediness and loathing on LVP. She craves deep devotion from the women in her life, and when she can't get it from Kathy and Kim, she expects LVP to fill that void.

P.S.: This better not be a 3-part reunion! Even the witchy-poo Carlton season had more going on than this year!

Edited by Cat

• Members

That reminds me...

POTOMAC

GIZELLE: She's like the hot guy you see that is hot until they open their mouth and trash just comes out. I have not been liking her at all this season. And clearly, she has no story  or she wouldn't be getting so nosy about Karen.

MONIQUE: Continues to be relatable and seems Team Karen. She also continues to be no-nonsense and I was looking forward to her about to unleash on Robyn before her husband showed up. Thankfully thanks to the trailer for this season we already know she's going to check Robyn with an umbrella to the throat. I can't wait. 

ASHLEY. Sorry. Loved Karen checking her by spilling that tea on Michael. That said...at least she has a storyline this season with her mother vs Michael.

CANDAICE: I like her so far and like the friendship growing with Monique and Ashley.

CHARISSE. Who?

Please register in order to view this content

Okay, I was happy she stir the pot a little.

ROBYN: Getting the villain edit and I was drunk watching this past episode and I saw RED at how trifling she was being at Monique's party. So rude. Why mad, Rob? Not getting it at home? 

KAREN: QUEEN. And her hairstyle have been on point so far this season. 

While I just finally saw the RHoBH finale and felt nothing really, I can't wait for this next Sunday. I think they are going to have another good season or this is so going to be like RHoD's last season which means it will be awesome. 

• Members

People are reporting on Twitter that it is a 3 part reunion. I'm praying that they are wrong, but typically these people are on point. 

I'm with you that there is nothing from this season that needs 3 parts. Talk about squeezing blood from a turnip. 

They just need to usher off BH and bring on Dallas--the show I am eagerly waiting for the return of. 

• Members

BH was an absolute dud this season, as it has been for several seasons. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing Camille's engagement ring - congratulations Camille.

Interestingly, Rinna posted an Instagram story and one of the frames was a set of four photographs of her and LVP at Dorit's fashion show, looking very happy together, laughing and smiling. 

The problem with BH is it's basically scripted entirely when the women are together and some of them (Kyle and Dorit) seem overly aware and how boring it is and amp it up with made up stupid crap fights that nobody cares about. Why were we subjected to more Pantygate? Have we not endured enough?

I enjoyed seeing LVP adopt her rescue dog. That's the happiest she looked all season. 

• Members

Beverly Hills has elements that work but the overall chemistry isn’t there. I agree that it feels too scripted which leads it to be very stilted. Like with Erika you have this fantasy that she’s a perfect and hugely popular pop star, when she basically is performing at the same type of venues I do as a Drag queen, she simply has the means to travel the world doing it. I don’t want Brandi back, but like Rinna they need someone rich and fabulous that is willing to call out the bullshit. Erika treated Teddi horribly for example, but she wasn’t strong or rich enough for it to matter. I mention wealth because that’s very important in terms of what they’ll accept on this franchise. I also feel that this season suffered immensely from not having Eileen on. I know feelings are mixed, but I thought she brought a lot to the show and she wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. 

Now moving on to the best and most consistent franchise, New York. What has happened to Ramona? I love her no matter what, but she has been a kooky delight this season. She’s usually the center of all drama but this year she seems calmer and more rational which I like. The stuff with Carole and Bethenny confuses me. It did seem like Bethenny was taking a dig at dinner and Carole did prove her wrong. Even had Carole not immediately text her back after the marathon, why would you expect someone to be available after running 26 Miles? I feel like Bethenny is projecting and is the one upset Carole has been too busy to give her the nonstop attention she needs. 

Sonja is a total disaster and it amazes me that she keeps getting herself involved in these situations. She literally just patched things up with Dorinda so why tell her anything potentially negative about anyone? Dorinda doesn’t have any loyalty to her. That’s just insane. Then for her to complain about Dorinda mentioning her dead husband? I can’t imagine this season being good for her lol. I don’t like Tinsley (everything Bethenny said about her was right), but she’s right when it comes to Sonja. 

Overall this season continues to be a delight. Along with RHOC I feel they’re the most consistent and yes I include OC’s most recent season in that. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

POTOMAC: Meanwhile, I can't fault Ashley for stirring the pot (for the sake of the show) without being a nasty friend (Gizelle and sidekick). The new dynamic revealed about her mother is interesting and organic. Now that we know the whole deal, Ashley needs to serve her mother a strong ultimatum: the dead-beat man leaves or you're cut off from your son-in-law's money. 

Robyn is indeed the most foolish housewife around. Right up there with Jesus Jugs. 

Monique can do no wrong in my eyes. She married well, has a fun, positive energy, and gorgeous. No wonder the elder castmembers gotta hate. I wonder if we'll learn more about Monique's hubby's relationship with his mom. It's good to see that his father showed up for the birthday event, even with the crusty mother staying at home. 

NYC: Absolute beauty. I loved last night's show in the Hamptons. Again, love the dynamic of these 7 women who have genuine relationships with one another. Love seeing Luann and Bethenny on each other's side again. Love seeing a common ground between Luann and Ramona as they see Sonja going off the rails again. It's sad but completely understandable to know the "Ramonja" friendship has taken a backseat in recent years, but who can blame Ramona? Even she is more level-headed and grounded than sloppy Sonja. Just when I thought Sonja had found clarity, we see she's more delusional and rambles on nonsensically worse than ever before. 

Dorinda is gonna go IN on Sonja next week and I cannot wait. Sonja is really making an ass of herself. 

Oh, and the switching dynamics of Bethenny/Carole as Carole migrates towards Tinsley will be juicy. I liked the open honesty of how Bethenny explained that no matter what Luann says or does, Carole will automatically discredit Luann simply because it's Luann. Just as Bethenny will always question Ramona's "sincerity" when she shows kindness or Rapologizes. 

I'm actually finding myself liking Tinsley a lot more this season. It really helps that she's developed actual friendships with other castmembers, versus other younger castmembers who were just kinda there (Jules, Kristen).  I hope we get to see more Dale. 

P.S. Whatever makeup/hair magic Ramona's glam team is working, keep on doing it. Well done!

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

BH: I dunno... I liked this quieter season.

Storylines (or lack thereof! were much more balanced), no HW or EventGate swallowed the show, like Munchausen or PantyGate. We had a lot of supporting actresses, with no lead actress. 

Kyle is the show's MVP, I don't like LVP but understand she's needed for the "BH lifestyle". Thankfully, she had a bit of a secondary role this season, the unfunny antics between her and Kyle were few and far between, not many British humor shticks.

Dorit gives off a bigger grifter vibe than Taylor ever did. 

Wishes for next season: Keep all the HW's and bring back Camille or Adrienne. Preferably Adrienne, I love her.