Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

lol well she is! The original Becky with the Bad Hair.

To this day I will never understand how Kandi lost the lawsuit over the rights to that Tardy to the Party song she produced and which Kim uses for the opening credits of her show. Bet that old guy from S1 who coined the original lyric didn't get one penny, either.

I don't know how I feel about this. The way it's presented, it's like Bethenny is doing this to burnish her image. However, we don't know the context for these cameras, or even that they came with Bethenny. I'm willing to give B that benefit of the doubt.

Also Jill... I'm not saying she would use Bobby's death as an opportunity because I truly believe she loved Bobby and he loved her. He was the love of her life and she is going to grieve him a long time. But I also cannot imagine that Bravo would have sent cameras without asking Jill permission first. I'm guessing she was ok with it, and I'm guessing she's been longing for years for her and Bethenny to, if not reconcile, at least have Bethenny acknowledge her. And I think being part of RHONY again is a dream close to her heart. I don't know how to put it without sounding judgemental, but I don't mean it in a judgemental way. Jill is the way she is.

My question is, where is Luann? I know Dorinda and Jill have known each other for some years and that's why she is there. Sonja, of course (I think Jill always had a soft spot for Sonja) and Ramona has to be there, since they recently reconciled. Luann is a very close friend of Jill's, though. 

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

IA. Much of ATL feels off and inauthentic to me right now. It's kind of like when I watch Y&R sometimes, or GH. They are shells of the soaps they once where (give or take the odd decent episode). Like the people penning the show don't understand its DNA and don't care, they are merely churning out generic soap episodes on a production line. That's how I feel with ATL this season. Michael Beck is like a Mal Young or Frank Valentini, and he doesn't really get the DNA. Nobody's hearts are in it. And most of the ladies have no real connection with each other any longer, so everything has to be scripted. All the RH shows are scripted ofc, but this show here is very obviously scripted.

Edited by Cat

• Members

As long as it's tasteful and it's not all about Bethenny, then I'm ok with it being on the show.  Bethenny was very sweet on instagram though and said she gives credit to Bobby for being on the housewives and making her the person she is today.  Apparently he invited a producer to the Hamptons during Season 1 casting and convinced the producers to cast Bethenny. 

Here are some pictures of the ladies at the funeral:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/real-housewives-stars-attend-funeral-jill-zarin-husband-article-1.3758078

Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

I felt weird when i heard Bethenny went as well. Because of her past behavior, I have a hard time accepting when she does anything nice or decent. It always comes off as image spinning, but truly I hope she genuinely wanted to honor a man she was once friends with.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I think so. I think she was genuinely moved and sad to hear the news, and it is obviously bringing back a lot of memories. I do think Bethenny has a heart beneath the abrasiveness.

lol I can't believe I just wrote that, but I do believe it 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

Aw, thanks for posting the link. I'm sad for Jill; you know she loved him with all her heart. Glad to see so many of the housewives come together to pay respects. I'm sure Bravo got the okay from Jill that they film outside. 

Good to see both Ramona and Bethenny especially showing respect to Bobby, given their histories with Jill. (P.S. Where's LuAnn?) 

• Members

For all we know she is still in rehab. Luann is due in court on January 25 in Palm Beach - I'm sure her lawyer told her to make zero public appearances. She will present as a far more contrite defendant if she can say to the judge that she didn't attend a close friend's funeral because she was seeking treatment.

What is evident about NYC, unlike all other franchises, is that it's a sisterhood. When the chips are down, all these women are there for each other. 

Bethenny posted a quote in tribute that Bobby would say when toasting his friends:

"Here's to those who wish us well, all the rest can go to hell!"

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

Thanks. I figured it might be rehab. It's a shame Lu couldn't make it. She was particularly close to Jill and Bobby all these years and she must have wanted to. Maybe she was afraid her presence would be a draw for the paps and risk overshadowing the funeral.

IA, most of the NY women are there for each other when it comes to the crunch. It's one of the reasons I am really looking forward to the upcoming season of NY. I've felt let down by OC and the other franchises! I am sure the show will do a great tribute to Bobby, and I welcome it, personally.

And maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself, but I think this opens the door to Jill's return. At least as a FOH.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I so admit I liked Jill even in her more messy final days.  It was interrsting how to the other women and to bobby/allie that she was top dog....but when she had scenes with her and sister...she let them take the lead...especially her sister.  I'd like her to visit again..even if just in scenes with just dorinda and/or Luann.

Dorit seems to have issues with time and how to tell time.  

Teddi seems too nice and sensitive for this show...thus far.

Camille and TH's are a match made in heaven....camille will make mince meat of dorit.

Rinna Rinna... her daughters arent gigi and bella, ahe hasnt done any acting mich (except a guest slot on the middle where she was charming..and days of our lives..ehivh I hope means we get some scenes of Rinna there).. So I guess being the truth boomb is her only.hope to keep a diamond.

• Members

NJ

LMAO! Jacqueline got shaded within 15 seconds of the reunion starting

Andy: "We said goodbye to Jacqueline this season...."

Teresa: "THANK GOD!"

Why was Melissa sitting next to Andy when she had nothing going on this season? Soggy earned that spot