Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not either, but I'd love to see Tre/Danielle v. Caroline/Jaq. @Cheap21 might punch me too, but I say bring back Kathy too. Why? B/c she's on an island when it comes to Tre, and I know she has tea to spill on MeHo/Joe, who have both tossed her to the wolves ever since they've gotten back on on Tre's good side. If push comes to shove, I think she'd spill all the tea on them to Caroline & Jaq. I just want Kathy to get their asses b/c they toss her under the bus when all was good with them and Tre again.

Next season ought to be: Tre, Danielle, MeHo, Marge, Caroline, Jaq, Delores, & Kathy. 

The last time I feel like any show has produced a well plotted 3 part reunion was season 5 of RHOA. 

• Members

Yeah...I hate to say it but the bold.

What I liked about ATL and BH was that the friendships were real and 'NOT JUST FOR CAMERA' when it started...and it does feel less and less.  which is probably why ATL is falling flat (though I have love the slow burn so far imho). There have been so many crosses, and doublecrosses, and tripledoublecrosses, do you honestly believe they are friends...especially when the people who appeared to be truly friends (Kandi and Shady Phae Phae) are not even friends any more?

Same with BH which started with the ladies being friends. Now at this point other than debately LVP and Kyle are any of them truly friends. Even LVP side-eye Dorit/Erika friendship on WWHL which makes me wonder if the fallout is coming and on camera at that. This did not used to be the case. 

Not the case with NYC which I have not watched from the beginning but the friendships do shine through. So much so that it shows when a new one starts...ex. Dorinda/LuAnn. Yes, @Cat they were truly love for me. And could even disagree and still be cool. I loved that. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Agreed. I mean, I do think she has let the 'fame' go to her head and is completely delusional for real. But as far as all the onscreen stuff? She is playing a role. Looking for a fight. Trying to be the centre of the drama.

Yes, I think a shorter season packed with less filler is the way to go. The only exception I would make to a longer season would be NY seasons 2 and 3. It was long but it was PACKED with greatness. Production couldn't afford to leave anything out.

NJ: I am absolutely on the Caroline train and I know why you are suggesting Jacqueline... because her relationship with Danielle was particularly intense. However, Jacq burned that bridge with S8. She's another special-snowflake delulu who thinks she's the star of the show and every tantrum is TV gold. And when it comes to the big showdowns, she has no balls. She always walks out in a huff to go sit in her car or is a no-show.

• Members

With ATL I appreciate that the tripledoublecrosses have been on screen and that everybody acknowledges them. That's what people do in real life. On BH or NJ, a lot of stuff happens bts and that's what drives me nuts. The HWs start talking obliquely and around stuff. I like that people like Nene, Kenya and even Kim bring it to the table and lay it all out there. That social media roachfest Brielle pulled a few months ago? I'm willing to bet Nene is going to bring that mess up on the show, and I am here for it. I do think there are some true-blue friendships on ATL, and that would be Nene-Cynthia and Kenya-Cynthia. They hang out off-season. Too bad Cynthia's story is such a bore this year!

With BH, I question whether LVP & Kyle are actually friends. Their interactions seem a bit scripted for camera. Both of them need backup after Kyle lost Cujo Kim and LVP alienated most of the cast. Old-time fans apparently loved their friendship so they feel the have to keep delivering it. As for Dorit/Erika, talk about strategic. But yes, I miss the old friendships. I think LVP-Brandi was a real friendship until Brandi became Yolanda's flying monkey. Personally, I'm not that thrilled with the casting on this show which has been showing diminishing returns in recent seasons. If Camille and Adrienne are coming back, they need to COME BACK for real.

I am sad that Kathy Hilton never said yes to join the show as her palpable hatred of Kyle was glorious and that sisterly relationship is as real as it gets. I am even sadder that the late Jackie Collins is no longer on this earth. She lived in Beverly Hills. She would have been great on BH, with the audience following her on her book tour or looking in on her gossip sessions with friends and acquaintances. Plus Joan popping in on regular visits. Jackie would have been great at reality, because she was always comfortable with being herself and larger than life -- her sister Joan Collins is actually much shyer IRL. Jackie's tagline could have been "If you intrigue me enough, I *MAY* put you in my next blockbuster!" with a toss of her hair. She would have also intimidated the great LVP and that snob Erika. Anyway, I am getting OT. Long story short: BH needs a boost, and the Kemsleys ain't it. 

You... you... have not watched the early seasons of NYC?? Please PLEASE do yourself the biggest favor of your life and watch Seasons 1-5 if you can! They are glorious! I love them and when repeats come on where I am, I DVR them because they are that watchable. People talk about Ramonja but as far as I'm concerned, Luann & Sonja was the friendship that transcended the fact they were in different cliques. BTW, Dorinda appeared on S4 in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment -- one of Jill's charity functions, and she was seated next to Ramona. She's been friends with both for some years, and I think she's known Lu for a while too. 

What I love about Dorinda is her incredible compassion for all the women, even the ones she has beef with. This is her strength. Last season Bethenny & Dorinda had a fight in Mexico, but you could tell that while that was going on, Dorinda understood Bethenny's anger and where she was coming from. Dorinda also understands that sometimes you can leave fights and resentments behind after a big blow-up. 

• Members

I would say NY is easily the cast with the most genuine relationships. I don’t even like Bethenny and def not Carole when she’s with her, but you can tell it’s a real friendship that developed. Sonja/Ramona, Sonja/Luann, Luann/Dorinda, Ramona/Dorinda. Hell even Carole and Tinsley now. Atlanta is made up of nothing more than castmates to me, same with OC.

• Members

Agree 100%  NYC is just fun to watch and so many of the relationships are organic. LuAnn as the heavyhitter so many years into the show is perfection; Dorinda is the best addition to a cast ever; and the show blends drama and comedy perfectly. I'm actually surprised this show has such a fresh perspective after their dismal seasons 5 & 6, because I feel there's still story to be told between the ladies currently in the cast, whereas others like OC, NJ, and now ATL are so beyond played out. 

I agree about Caroline Manzo, to be honest. She brought the solid central family unit to the show, something that is sorely lacking from the Guidices or Gorgas. Ever since we started the rotating new castmembers, it just feels hollow; trying to find people to fight with Melissa and Teresa. Teresa is still here just to pay off debts. When all else fails, they trot out Kim D for a couple episodes for some nonsensical vindictive [scripted] drama.  

Beverly Hills, my 2nd favorite, it's still early in the game, but we're seeing too much Dorit. And yes, the way she and PK were schooling Teddi and her gorgeous hubby about "Rinner" was tacky and calculating. But I still love my LVP, Camille, Rinna, and yes even Kyle and overall enjoy the ride these ladies take us on. 

Atlanta feels like they're feeding us a lot of appetizers with no main course. Hopefully this is a slow build to an end-of-season blowup, but for now, it's just light viewing. 

EDIT: I forgot. I'm actually looking forward to Potomac returning. I have a feeling it's going to be a fun, messy year. The gloves are coming off! 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I am transfixed by your sig @Gray Bunny ! Back when soaps had a real budget.

"feeding us a lot of appetizers with no main course" -- perfect summation of ATL currently.

S5 and 6 of NYC deserve to be revisited. I used to rate S6 as my worst NYC season but having rewatched it, I change my view. There is lots going on, lots of detail and relationships between people. I didn't even mind Kristen Taekman that season! 

Getting rid of Jill, Kelly, Cindy was a ballsy move of much-needed evolution that the NY franchise needed. It liberated the show, made it lighter, and restored a real feeling of Manhattan life to the show.

Edited by Cat

• Members

That's what I LOVE about Dorinda. Her drunken messes and slurred speech is reality TV gold, but at the heart of it, she has genuine compassion for everyone and is level-headed and intelligent. 

Yes @Taoboi have a blast watching early seasons of NYC, especially seasons 2 and 3. Their 3rd season stands out as the best season of all Housewives shows, bar none.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Agree on the NY cast changes...didnt like how they didn't gradually introduce the newbies in season 5.

OC purged 3 after season 8...and gradually introduced both Shannon and lizzie...gave that show a new lease.  Praying lucky 13 will fix things.  

R HOBH...Dorit reminds me of Taylor.