Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

It boggles the mind why Gretchen was not invited in a Luann-as-FOH role where she essentially appears in all the episodes (as opposed to just one!). Looks to me like Tamra pulled rank (I'm assuming Vicki would have been a-ok with Gretchen's return). I could even have withstood a glimpse of that toad Slade if it meant we got to see Tamra rattled by Gretchen showing up to all the events!

Speaking of rattling Heather... Kelly isn't gripping me this season either.

Kenya showing up married on RHOA and all the women gossiping about it sounds to me like a strong opening story for this upcoming season. Better than Sheree pretending that Shack Sheree is 'almost' finished, and that She By Sheree actually exists.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wasn't the biggest Slade fan either, but the one thing I enjoyed about him was that he was able to put TamRat in her place at all times. Gretchen and Slade trolling Tamra would be hilarious. Plus, you know Eddie ain't gonna do sh-t as usual. 

I hope it picks up tonight when Kelly sets her target on Meghan. I need drama and this show isn't giving it at all. But as I said in previous posts, Bravo needs to put a mandate in all their contracts that forces them to film together in group settings more. Also, they need to stop allowing the inmates to run the asylum. It's becoming a problem on all these shows with the exception of Dallas and Potomac. 

• Members

Nope, he won't. And I sort of respect his willingness to stay out of the fray. He doesn't care about any of em, and now he doesn't have to pretend he actually likes any of these people (except David Beador ofc. Eddie loves David).

Image result for eddie judge gifs

• Members

Actually I wish they would film less together...im old school housewives format over the current one that requires drama, shade and Cattiness all the time.  Don't get me wrong..drama is good but.balance is key.

I'm not even Gretchen is coming back foenjust one episode.  She should be a one season and over housewife.  If she loses Slade, gets an actual job, maybe married someone with kids...i could see her coming back...but she brings nothing other then to rattle Tamra..and that isn't hars to do.  Peggy does that already without even trying lol

• Members

IA balance is key, and believe me, after a toxic couple of seasons, I could do without Rinna on BH stinking up the place with any old accusation she can drum up.

The reason I want Gretchen back is that there is something about the bimboish, tacky Gretchen that shakes Tamra to her very core. To the point where she tried to sic her badnewsbear of a son on Gretchen, date-rape style.

Peggy isn't really rattling Tamra as much as Tamra recognising that there is nothing going on with OC right now, and she'd better go after the newbie in order to generate a SL. Peggy can't even antagonise Meghan properly, let alone Tamra.

a55221cd-1a1f-4b04-b954-98cf7e73c8c6-peg

Edited by Cat

• Members

I can see your reasons for wanting Gretchen to come back...however...

It's been proven that a housewife coming back really doesn't work as well... examples below...

Lydia on RHOC

Dina and Jacqueline RHONJ

Bethenny RHONY. 

Sheree RHOA

Time will tell if Nene will be a bust.

I do agree with @Nothin'ButAttitude that Lizzie should be recurring...she handled Vicki, t amra, and meghan...but she's so private that a friend of role like she had in season 10 would be perfect for her.  And she actually has a business and a degree in merchandising so her being a designer worked.

• Members

IDA. NYC was in a rut and Bethenny's return helped rejuvenate it in a way that it needed. Her second season back didnt do her any favors, but that first? It was the best NYC in years.

Also disagree on Sheree. She was awesome in season 8. The problem was bumping her up from friend to full housewife in 9 bc she still didnt have enough material to justify it. She did great as a friend where she could play a strong suporting character to other people's storylines

• Members

@Soaplovers, I didn't want Lizzie to be recurring. I want her full-time. Again, she has everything to make a perfect housewife. She was smart, pretty, strong, had money, and had a fine a** hubby.

I don't think that returning housewives are a bust. It is the ones that Andy brings back that are a bust. Sheree nor Bethenny were busts. They brought drama, which was needed. I don't see Camille, who is rumored to be full-time on BH this upcoming season, to be a bust either. I don't think Jaq returning was a bad choice either. I think the timing was bad b/c it was obvious that Tre would have no choice but to argue with her about sh-t that happened 3-4 seasons ago, and we (the viewers) were already over Gorga v. Guidice-gate. Jaq should've only returned when Danielle was brought back. This upcoming season was the perfect season to bring Jaq back. Caroline too. 

I do agree that Dina and Lydia returning were duds, but they were duds their original runs. It all comes down to who is brought back, and what they will bring. If they were boring the original run, IDK why Bravo thinks they won't be their second run. 

That being said, Jill (of NY) is another person that needs to be brought back. It's long overdue and fans wanna see how she, Bethenny, and Ramona will interact now. 

I agree with @Cat that Gretchen returning annoys Tamra and that alone makes me happy. Anyone that has the power to make that rat squirm is perfect for me. 

• Members

I never enjoyed Jaqueline so IMO bringing her back last season was dudsville from the get go. That girl never got the memo that she is not the star of NJ!

Anyhoo that's my personal opinion. Even though I hate Bethenny now, her return three seasons ago was electric and really made NYC great again after a boring S6. TBH it was that mix of old and new NY ladies that worked for me. Bethenny vs Heather was riveting!

I also agree that Jill needs to return -- and interact with both Bethenny and Ramona, otherwise it's a waste for us viewers. That threesome (+ Luann) made RHONY what it is today. NY seasons 2 and 3 have been showing daily here and, no joke, I have been DVRing it. Not one bad or boring episode! Yes, things got toxic in S3, but in a very real, relatable way... and it ended with the wicked witch Jill being exposed for her crimes. Even then the situation wasn't 100% black and white. It is a very satisfying viewing experience, and the NY Four drove so much story and dynamics. I honestly think they should drop Tinsley and have Jill replace her so that we have Bethenny, Carole, Ramona, Luann, Sonja (possibly), Dorinda and Jill.

If Ramona gets fired and Jill doesn't come back full-time, though, I fear NY will become a 43 minute advertisement for Bethenny's Skinnygirl Lunch Meats.

• Members

I agree - I warmed up to Tinsley and it helps that she ended the season with a boyfriend, being Carole's friend and moving away from Sonja.  Tinsley deserves a second season more than Kristen ever did.  Tinsley was featured quite a bit on the reunion too, she could hold her own; she wasn't a dud.