• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, this threw me for a loop...

Meghan is actually returning as an OC housewife now:

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/03/10/meghan-edmonds-will-return-real-housewives-of-orange-county/

It almost sounds like this current season isn't gelling, although I can't imagine Meghan returning would help anything.  I hope we're in for a good OC season!!

• Members

Now tha I've seen the end of the camping trip (RHoa), when is the reunion?

You are not alone, Cat.

Love LuAnn. But I wasn't around before Season 6 so I got  know her on her own terms. An

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Real Housewives of Toronto

It's a good franchise! I'm so relieved. Like Vancouver, the producers did a good job of finding legitimately wealthy, connected women. Toronto films beautifully in this show and it looks like we're going to get to see a lot of cottage country, downtown and a trip to Barcelona!

Kara: the best part about Kara is her husband. He seems logical, nice and sensible. Her whining about the 2002 "face hickey" when she didn't tell Roxy that Dr. Mulholland fixed it started her off on the wrong foot with me right away. Kara is overwhelming and a blowhard. She is a joke to state that she doesn't judge people. She's judgmental as hell. Can't stand her. 

Roxy: I like her more than I expected to. I'm so glad she subtly threw Kara under the bus. She seems more sensible than I'd first thought. 

Joan: she is RICH. Her husband is the longtime CEO of Magna International, a Canadian corporate Goliath. It's so interesting to see how humble and nervous she was about meeting Ann again. I really like Joan. 

Ann: she is definitely a Type A personality but she has created a huge company with Medicard (it's a company that finances cosmetic procedures). Her husband, Dr. Stephen Mulholland, is an esteemed plastic surgeon. Ann strikes me as a smooth operator with a good sense of humour and a bulletproof sense of self worth. 

Grego: sweet, French Canadian joie de vivre and fabulous. 

Jana: a good addition to the cast because she's sporty and divorced. Seems really loyal to Grego, which I like. 

• Members

IA I think Ramona is a long-time Republican, and I think Bethenny is a Republican for tax reasons and because she is staunchly anti-PC.

Ahhhh well it's worth catching up on early seasons of NY, it's a great franchise. LuAnn is not perfect, and there were times (even seasons) where I hated her condescension. Even last season there were moments when she didn't come across well (trying to get Dorinda to lie for Tom, for example). But through it all, I've always like the human side of LuAnn; she shows us her flaws and all, and while she may not always like being caught out (with the pirate), she usually knows it's not worth lying about. Unlike Ramona who denies denies denies til she is blue in the face, LuAnn straight up admitted her marriage to the Count was over when asked about rumors of divorce at Reunion. I liked that she never sugarcoated the divorce or even the fact that she felt hurt and rejected, without making a big song and dance about being a victim.

Amen! The reason I like LuAnn and RHoNY is that, even when it gets toxic, there is always this irreverent, New York sense of humor that anchors the show. Part of that is the women, but it's also the production crew and especially the deft editing throughout. I mean, that trip to St Barts in S5  -- I couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end. Even toxic S4 had the trip to Morocco and LuAnn almost getting bucked off a camel. 

Interesting list. A few years ago, Andy was asked a similar question and mentioned Nene and LVP back then, but now his list is completely changed. You can see who have fallen from favor and who have risen to the top.

This is not good news. No offence to Meghan as she redeemed herself somewhat last season but... she is not scintillating viewing. Seeing Jim Edmonds lose it with his angry jazz hands has always been more fun to watch. Sounds like RHOC is a bit lost without Heather there to direct the bitchery. I liked Lydia back in the day but I'm not sure she has the personality to make a real mark on the show.

• Members

agreed. I tried to watch Torono but only got through half the episode. I couldnt do it. Im getting housewife out. I'll check out the 3rd episode of Sydney but may need to step out on that too.

I also think a big part of the problem is that most of these series last forever. 20+ episode season is draining. Cut that mess down to 12 so we can have a good 3 month run. These shows do not need to be going on for 5 or more months. Not that much interesting sh-t happens

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

But that's where the international shows excels--they only have 12 episodes (10 episode + 2 part reunion) on their shows. I'm praying that Potomac and Dallas keep that same model their upcoming seasons too. 

RHOA & RHOBH could've cut their episode count down a lot with many of the filler episodes they've had. The amount of 'drama' that's occurred on BH this season, they should've only had 10 episodes. ATL gives a little more so they should probably do about 15 at the most. No show should do twenty episodes a season. That's f-cking overkill. That's why these shows are starting to bleed out in the ratings now. Same with the Love & Hip Hop franchise too. Less is more. 

• Members

RHOA

Is Phaedra serious? Having someone say you tried to drug and rape them in a sex dungeon isnt a big deal?

"You lying ass freak ho!" LOL

Please register in order to view this content

The Sheree scene was very touching and I loved Kenya comforting her. Phaedra though killed me here and made that mess comical

I was here for Sheree until she turned on Kenya. She came across hypocritical since she is the one that turned domestic violence on Kenya. Girl bye

LOL at Cynthia saying Phaedra's restoration was a big waste of her clothes, makeup and good wig

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Sheree tried once again to turn a sensitive, topical issue on Kenya, so she'd receive backlash. Last year, it was the incident with Glen in Miami. Now it is this domestic violence issue where Sheree blatantly said that she's never been abused. Sheree is such a f-cking liar. 

Phaedra and Porsha both exposed themselves (even further) as liars. Phaedra slipping up and admitting that she was seeing a man before Apollo went in, and Porsha admitting she created the rape lie to get back Kandi. Just 2 pathetic, washed up old broads.