Adam

The Lady Gaga Thread

She does sing the important part on Ellen, but I agree actually. I'm sick of people covering pop songs on youtube and being heralded as the Next Great Thing, particularly when they're not so cute little kids that Ellen loves. But I guess that makes me evil and grumpy :P

And old..dont forget that.:lol:;)

Shrug. I see that as exactly why it's all an act. She sees herself (pretentiously I admit) as a creation, like Bowie saw himself in the 70s, etc. I've never heard her actually say it's a direct reflection of who she is, but rather of who her influences have been and what she thinks the world (again pretentious) "needs".

She always goes on rants about how her "art" is a reflection of all the different facets of her and how important it is for her fans to see that. She doesn't seem tongue-in-cheek about anything to me, she seems to take it all very seriously. The 60 Minutes piece really showed about how important it is to her to project the image she wants to project, more so than the music itself.

I enjoy her because nothing is genuine about her. I guess that doesn't make me one of her monsters, but I don't see any of the messages she rants on about as BAD, so it doesn't bug me. I see a lot of people get really worked up (people who dislike her) by all this though, which is exactly what she wants.

I don't know if I see any clear messages in her work, other than Gaga hitting us over the head about how she wants to stick up for all the gays and the misfits in the world. There's nothing wrong with the "love yourself for who you are message", but she does have a tendency to exploit it to the point where it seems she's a bit manipulative and fake with it.

She does sing the important part on Ellen, but I agree actually. I'm sick of people covering pop songs on youtube and being heralded as the Next Great Thing, particularly when they're not so cute little kids that Ellen loves. But I guess that makes me evil and grumpy :P

I blame Justin Bieber for this crap...

I blame Justin Bieber for this crap...

That's right, he had stuff on youtube before Usher "discovered" him.... ugh. :rolleyes:

I'm sick of people covering pop songs on youtube and being heralded as the Next Great Thing, particularly when they're not so cute little kids that Ellen loves. But I guess that makes me evil and grumpy :P

Not everyone can go on singing shows. I think using Youtube is a great way of being discovered. I like watching some of those amateur videos (ie. DaveDays, Kurt Schneider's crew, Boyce Avenue, etc). :)

Not everyone can go on singing shows. I think using Youtube is a great way of being discovered. I like watching some of those amateur videos (ie. DaveDays, Kurt Schneider's crew, Boyce Avenue, etc). :)

Remember the days where there were no singing shows? The industry was so empty and full of non-talent studio creations and.... wait a minute... :unsure:

Those days never existed. Not really.

My point was those show's never seemed to discover "talent" like they do today.

That video is a hot tranny mess, but of course, the rabid monsters will claim it's the most insightful and stunning video ever made!

And can she stop trying to be sexy? I don't know a single person that finds her attractive.

I don't find the "Born This Way" video all that bad, compared to "Alejandro" and "Telephone" it's pretty good. I always thought she had a difficult time finding a video worthy enough to follow up "Bad Romance".

But can I say how presumptuous, or ego driven that some artists have to make their videos almost 7 minutes long, or longer. That has irked me ever since the "Telephone" video.

But can I say how presumptuous, or ego driven that some artists have to make their videos almost 7 minutes long, or longer. That has irked me ever since the "Telephone" video.

3764516865_97db9d0b03.jpg

She's definitely taken his spot in that domain, among the living anyway.

I don't mind the video. Its as outlandish as all her videos have been, but seems to take it to the next level... which is what each of her videos seem to do.... When you hear the song you definitely picture a much more low-key, happy, celebration, Madonna-esqe video.... but this is Gaga... what you picture in your head is certainly not what you are going to get. I find the monologue so cheesy, and honestly burst out laughing when I heard her say "This is the Manifesto of Mother Monster"... I wouldn't call it the best video ever made, but she at least is still trying to keep the format going by making epic videos... whether you like the "epic" videos or see them as just displays of egocentricity... they are fun to watch. I wonder how much this cost....

But, yes... Bad Romance is the best video (and song to date) she has ever done... I'll be very interested to see if ANY song on Born This Way can top it...

Edited by Adam