Eden Riegel Joins Y&R

• Members

Yeah, but they believe these moves benefit ratings (they couldn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about story quality). Stephen Nichols was a ratings stunt, and somebody pointed out that the ratings did recover the week he came on the show. Whether that'll last, I don't know... I don't think it will. But if ER is NuNuNuMac, they sure as hell are going to milk the "reunion" between "Maggie" and "Bianca" for what it's worth. If there's a chance it brings a trickle of AMC fans over, why not? Especially as AMC has a lot of PR and momentum behind it at the moment. Hell, I'm watching AMC and FFing Y&R.

Of course, this is all about showcasing Billy "grinning Hyena" Miller first and foremost.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, ITA with you. I'm not saying I agree with the principle of the thing... I'm saying they think this is going to be an A+ move. This is the Y&R team that believes they "sh!t gold" (to quote a wonderful remark I read on SON yesterday).

It's also too bad because... I actually thought Clementine Ford was somewhat endearing as Mac. I know I'm alone in that assessment.

If they wanted to recast so badly, they should have taken a look at Christel Khalil's Lily and Amelia Heinle's Vamptoria. And that's just for starters but they are the most eggregiously bad castings on the show.

• Members

Rachel Ames is a hell of a lot better actress than Y&R or GH deserve :( But that doesn't pay the bills.

I know, let's make HER Ryder and Daisy's grandmother (who cares about the mother). :lol: I remember when she would finally get fed up with Liz every once in a while and she would be cold as ice. She can be Y&R's Helena...only they will probably dress her like Granny Walton, but still.

• Members

That sucks if it's Eden. I guess I can't expect her to be "loyal" to All My Children because an actor has to work and naturally she would want to play different roles but I think it stings a little that she would join a competing show.

• Members

There are so many dud casting choices. Shockingly bad acting, and then those who can act are given no material, or material which is unplayable. So we just keep waiting for this new savior. Braeden's returning to save the show! No, wait, Stephen Nichols will save the show! On and on.

Clementine is OK but she never had a chance after she started getting the blame for tanking Mac/Billy (since Billy has had so many other successful pairings...)

And this works. The soap press will make this into a huge success no matter what happens onscreen, just as they hyped Y&R endlessly even when the show had become godawful last year. When something fails, just blame the actors (Ford, Bierdz, Engen), as long as they aren't ex ABC names.

• Members

Does Eden have any catering experience?

Can you imagine going from Alicia Mishnew and Susan Lucci (who aren't perfect but often give their best and had good chemistry with Eden) to Eric Braeden and Josh Morrow, who have chemistry with no one and who barely manage to mutter their way through a scene?

I would say I dread to think what they will do to Victoria but Victoria has been dead for years anyway. I guess now they will just have her whine more about being Daddy's princess, and they might have her bed hop some, at least until she's raped or has a child whose paternity is unknown.

Archived