Bristish Soap Awards 2010

Bright Eyes

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Random observation I've been think about comparing the UK and US soaps. If one had to suggest the counterparts of each of the four main UK soaps, (not taking into account the crap that all of them have become) I would say each of the main UK soaps US sisters would be the following:

Coronation Street - As the World Turns

EastEnders - General Hospital

Emmerdale - One Life to Live

Hollyoaks - Days of our Lives

Feel free to disagree.

• Members

They seem to be pretty typical of a lot of the press over there, in that they rarely talk about Emmerdale (aside from having digs), they want to say more about Corrie and Eastenders. I'm not that surprised they are trying to prop up Kym Marsh, they get endless headlines from her.

• Administrator

Finally watched the awards! Judging by the clips, I thought Danny Miller should've won Best Actor. I think he'll have a bright future when he leaves. And for Best Actress Nina Wadia's clip was really good. Michelle Keegan :wub:

Yay for Hollyoaks winning Most Spectacular Scene. I thought Jamie Lomas should've won Best Exit too - the other exits weren't that impressive.

I didn't like this year's montage as much as 2009 and 2008 - maybe it's because it wasn't set a song I like. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes. Eastenders won their category. They submitted the Stacey sectioning episode. Lacey Turner and Gillian Wright were there. So were Kara Tointon, John Partridge, Laurie Brett (the latter two presented an award).

Archived