AMC: Ryan/Greenlee/David/Erica Spoilers from SOD

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember a couple of years ago SOD stated that it receives mail in support of every pairing, but that they receive very little mail in support of Rylee, and they couldn't figure out why there was such a mis-match between viewer passion for the pairing and their position on the show.

I'm sure there's support out for Rylee. I think every couple has support. I'm sure there are very passionate JR/Marissa fans out there. But I can't believe that the offline reception to Rylee is so dramatically different from how they are received online as to warrant the attention Rylee receive from TPTB.

Frons has always struck me as someone who is quick to shake pairings up, even pairings that he is a huge fan of (e.g. John & Natalie, Nash & Jessica, Jason & Sam, Sonny & Carly). He seems willing to see if they might be able to create something even more popular than what they have at the time. But not when it comes to Rylee. It's as if they are the only sacred couple. It's just really strange. Rebecca has chemistry with other people. Cameron has chemistry with other people. They could have 2 really popular pairings instead of 1 moderately popular* pairing (*if we assume for a moment that Rylee is popular offline).

• Members

Why do TIIC have to replace one horrible couple with one that is potentially even worse? They didn't even give me a week to enjoy the end of Zendull before they had to let us know RyLee was on it's way to suck up all the airtime. :rolleyes: It's the overexposure that makes me hate these characters more than anything else. I actually like Greenlee, but when she's on 20 mins a day going on about her epic love for Ryan, no thanks.

• Members

I remember that SOD blurb come to think of it. And yeah, Frons is very quick to shake things up, but seems to really have a hardon for Rylee. I'll never understand. Its now going on 6 years for this Rylee "love" story, you'd think they'd try a different tune. They are no Tad and Dixie, and as much as they've been ruined.... they aren't a Zach and Kendall either. They are just plan mismatched. Completely different characters and two actors who have VERY different styles. Cam abd Becky are good friends I know, but that is no reason to come up with contrived plot device after contrived plot device to keep their characters in orbit.

• Members

For me it's not the idea of Ryan and Greenlee that is been my issue, it's how they have been written from Cam's return in 2003. It was like Greenlee/Leo never existed and like Ryan and Greenlee had some kind of amazing past that needed to be written for. They didn't. Ryan's true love is Gillian, and I think she'd turn over in her grave if she heard the stuff Ryan says about Greenlee. Greenlee HATED Gillian and had no respect whatsoever for what she and Ryan had. Heck, she was constantly trying to destroy it.

And I remember Greenlee practically wanting to throw herself over the falls after Leo died.

None of that was ever dealt with. It was like hearts and flowers Rylee from the onset. From then on, we've had them shoved down our throats right and left and told that they're the only ones and have only ever been the only ones for each other, from the start.

I think this could have worked, and they could have had a real story that people wanted to watch, had they not treated Rylee like they were saints and like they didn't have pasts or loves that mattered before one another.

P.S. Does anyone have this SOD issue, who would be willing to tell me exactly what the D&E stuff says? I'd pick one up, but 6,000 miles and at least $600 is a bit more then even I'm willing to pay for D&E. :lol:

• Members

:rolleyes: That man is the bane of my soap watching existence. Rebbecca may be beautiful, but she isn't the only beautiful woman on the show and Cameron is not the only hot guy, not that I even find him attractive, but whatever Fronsie. There is no earthly reason they have to be paired.

• Members

That may be. There is no doubt in my mind that people like Jason and Sonny are very popular offline, no matter how many of us onliners hate them. But I can almost understand Jason's popularity, when it comes to the pairing of Ryan and Greenlee I just do not get it. At least if they were with other people AMC wouldn't be a two person show. Granted, that hasn't happened yet, but I fear it's only a matter of time.

• Members

I never understood it either. When Ryan was with Kendall it was like all of a sudden Greenlee was his soulmate and the show sacrificed a promising relationship with Kendall just to put Ryan and Greenlee together. There was no build up to their "romance" it was like one day BAM! they're a supercouple.

• Members

Hmmm, the more that I think about this, the more I wonder what David has to say/agree to in order to get Erica to let him go. I wonder if Erica bargains Greenlee's freedom to either 1)push David to marry her, or 2) no marry her. Erica is going to put it all together and have realized who sabotaged Fusion and David will want to protect her. VI said D&E can (and do) manipulate one another, so clearly there's so negotiating etc. going on.

Hmmm. This could be a fun twist in the D&G angle.

Archived