• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
  • Members

A youtuber uploaded the entire 514-episode run of the series, only to have it deleted for copyright violation. He uploaded it a second time and the series was taken down AGAIN. I was shocked that he had the patience to try a third (!!!) time, but his did. When he uploaded the series the latest time, he cut every episode in two (ep. 1A and 1B, etc.), and so far the halved episodes have flown under the radar and remained on YT.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Was that from the hour long pilot? I'd *love* to see that! I knew that pilot included Selena Cross as a character, but I had no idea they had another Allison. Mia Farrow was perfection in that role though so I'm glad they changed things. What the writers and Farrow did with Allison took what could've just been another soap good girl and made it something really special. I don't think I've seen a character like that executed so well. I love that if you look at her journey she truly reacted as if she lived on a soap. Allison felt everything and it truly transformed her, leading to a perfectly logical exit. I don't think an exit like hers could work today, but it had such an impact on me when I first saw it.

• Members

I'm surprised that Barbara Parkins did not go on to be a bigger success after Peyton Place. She could have easily it into Dynasty, The Colby's.

It's hard for me to watch Ryan O'Neal in anything since his personal life has effected his children. Farrah Fawcett evolved into a totally different person after hooking up with him. Compare interviews with her in the 70's and then flash forward to the 90's and 2000's when she started appearing on Letterman etc...acting bizarre

• 2 months later...
  • Members

This photo from the PP pilot  shows that  Gyl Rowland actually played Selena Cross. The Cross family were dropped and there are some other actors dropped also.

PEYTON PLACE : News PhotoBy the looks of that photo  in addition to Selena and her father Lucas (from the book/movie) there appears to be a mother and younger daughter. Minnette King, James Anderson and Stephanie Lynn fill out the Cross family in addition to Gyl Rowland. In addition Sarah Shelby has a role. Perhaps the role filled by Laura Harrington in the show (Dr Rossi's receptionist?) OR maybe a school teacher?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

So, I've been watching this since early this summer and finally reached the point where a lot of characters leave (Martin, Eddie, Connie, Elliot and Leslie leave within a short period of time), supposedly due to budget cuts and a bunch of new characters get introduced (Joe Rossi, Jill Smith, the Russells and Susan and Rev. Winter). I'll admit that the show is losing me a bit after being completely hooked for the first 400 or so episodes, so I can see why the show was struggling because it is a rather jarring rehaul of the canvas.

It was nice to see Julie back for the wedding and Hannah Cord reappearing, but they had a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance. Dorothy and Tim are still appearing in the opening credits and had a very brief telephone conversation in the last episode I watch (440), so maybe they were trying to trick viewers into believing they weren't permanently gone in order to ease viewers into the new characters?

Susan Winter is a bit of a disappointment to me tbh. When she was first introduced I had almost hopes of a proto-Sue Ellen type of disgruntled wife mess, but I guess that's not the game Peyton Place plays.

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder if Jill Smith's baby Kelly was originally supposed to be Allison (apparently Kelly appears in the reunion movie?) - I kind of got the implication that there was potentially going to be a paternity issue with Allison being raped by Jack Chandler, even if they never would've said it out loud, but it was changed midway through when they realised they had to give Connie and Elliot a reason to leave Peyton Place.