Prisoner: Discussion Thread

All My Shadows

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I finished the first sixteen episodes, and I am in love (in love!) with this show. The characters, the stories, the endless one-liners that are in every episode...it just pulls you in, and it's pure escapism in every sense.

Lizzie is fantastic. One of the funniest TV characters ever, and Sheila Florance is totally an underrated performer. I can't think of anything she's done or said that I haven't LOL'd at.

Bea as the "wise" top dog who keeps everyone in line? Awesome. I love and (will miss) her friendship with Marilyn and her working to keep Marilyn and Eddie together. Speaking of them, I was sad at first to see them leave, but I guess it makes sense. If all of the women came back after being set free, you'd start to resent them almost for always going back to Wentworth, and so it's nice to have a happy ending for someone.

Karen has changed a lot since the beginning! She's hardened very much, and I'm interested to see where this thing with her appeal goes. I'm shocked she and Dr. Miller haven't done it somewhere in the prison yet.

Lynn...is a mess. Plain and simple. She was so concerned with proving her innocence and going home in the beginning, but when she meets Doug, she just *has* to be with him, this criminal that she met in prison? Makes no sense, and of course, look at what happens to her. I felt bad for her when she got in the car wreck, but jeez. Too stupid to live.

Franky is amazing, and I can't get enough of her and Doreen as Nuns on the Run. Doreen is hilarious with that damn teddy bear.

The screws are fun. Erica is a hot mess. Too hoity-toity to be running a prison. Meg is nice and sensible, but she was a real bitch around the time they killed her husband. And Vera? Aaaah, Vera. Love her. Thought she was such a hard-ass at the beginning, but then we saw all of the drama with her mother and her being all alone...so much sympathy I felt for her.

I don't get the point of the Helen Masters story. It only lasted for like...three episodes, and there really haven't been any long-term ramifications of it at all.

Over all, great series. I'm looking forward to watching as much of it as I can.

• Members

I think that I may have mentioned to you that I have seen "The Freak" in the Aussie version of Wicked, she was awesome.

I have also been to where Prisioner was filmed a few times, but pretty sure not while it was being filmed.

First time was to see Young Talent Time which was the show that launched the careers of Dannii Minogue & Tina Arena. Also to see a couple of game shows being filmed. And being on the phone to collect donations during a telethon.

I loved when Doreen & Frankie went on the run as nuns (not sure if you have got to the end of that yet so I won't say anything)

Vera or otherwise known as Vinager Tits which I assumed that she got the nickname because of the sour look on her face.

Now even though I haven't seen anything for years you will have some very interesting shows ahead.

• Members

Yeah, you PMed me about The Freak. I thought you were talking about Vera, though, so my reply probably makes no sense haha

I'm not against spoilers, so I won't get upset if you talk about later stuff. I always screw things up for myself anyway by reading episode summaries for future episodes every now and then. I know that Franky won't be around for long, which is unfortunate :( I'm sure that's gonna be some great stuff.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Holy crap! Somebody loves me. I am obsessed with this show, and some wonderful person posted each eppy on YT in its entirety!

Hated Doreen and Frankie on the run, and only liked Frankie when she was damn near dead.

Love Bea, but Lizzie was one of a kind. I just love her. She is hilarious.

Does anyone remember when the VJ came to talk to the women and Lizzie told him the screws killed her trained cockroach, Clary? I damn near went into convulsions with that one.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I never really cared for Doreen either. Nor Lizzie most of the time for that matter. But they were important to Bea, whom I loved, so they got some good-will through her. I didn't really miss either of them when they left though. Lizzie slightly more than Doreen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Lizzie's innocent!!!!!

Hate that she is not at the prison and who would release her to Doreen?! That's insane!

I'm shocked that they spent so much time on Karen and gave her an off screen exit. I've always wanted Dr. Miller gone as well as Karen, but it made no sense to give her so much screen time and not give her an exit after she'd been shot.

Does anyone know if there was anything behind that?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I've always assumed that Peta wanted to leave - it seemed to me like they were originally going to set up the half-way house as a real thing, but it sort of faded after Karen left and then they sent both Doreen and Lizzie back to Wentworth.

I'm at episode 165 now, the tunnel collapsing and Judy and Mouse on the run.

• Members

Right, I only watched the show sporadically back in the day and mostly followed the show regularly in the last few 100 or so episodes. (Reckroom eh, let's WRECK IT!)

I've been binging on this today - I'm now at the episode where Lizzie has her heart attack.  :o

Archived