Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And I just did a search for that video on YouTube but sadly nobody has posted it.

I remember The Word, which was trashtastically awesome. They also had the great bands of the day performing live, including Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tea Leoni has had lots of little tweaks over the years. Very conservative non surgical things. Peels, lasers, a little Botox and fillers. She looks really fresh.

Heather's Botox radiated into her mouth, which really made her look 'off'...she started to look better as her episodes went on and it seems, from previews at least, that she's back to her old self. We'll just have to see. Heather's done some filler work that didn't look good. It wore off of course, but for a while there, icky.

I never understand the criticism of Lauren Koslow, she looks amazing. Her face still has expression, is firm and smooth. What more could you ask for?

Suzanne Rogers has had a facelift and eye work...but she has likely not had Botox because it could potentially interfere with her myasthenia gravis, which has been in remission for years (and I hope it stays that way, rock on Suzanne!)

That is utter nonsense. Smoking before and after surgery impairs wound healing by dramatically increasing inflammation in the body which, in turn, dramatically reduces the production of collagen and elastin, the building blocks for healthy skin. Capillary size is essential in encouraging the newly positioned skin to behave in a healthy way.

Smoking is the worst thing you can do for your health. If you smoke, do yourself a favour and quit.

• Members

You got some of it right.

Pearl is a fancy name for a fraxelated laser. Fraxel treatments give the benefits of a harsh, ablative, laser without the downtime with the catch that you have to do 4 or so sessions to achieve your results. IPL is a very trustworthy procedure, it isn't a laser, it's a light spectrum device that works by coloured spectrums of light. It does a wonderful job reducing redness, the symptoms of rosacea, sun damage and fine wrinkling, it too takes 4 or so sessions. Pulsed Dye is non ablative and is the gold standard for surfaced blood vessels and some birth marks. Pulsed Dye lasers are not appropriate for acne or stretchmarks. Stretchmarks are notoriously difficult to treat because they are based off broken elastin fibers, I'd likely try Fraxel before anything else. Erbium YAG lasers are old but still good and yes they work well for hair removal, not so well on veins, I'd go with IPL or Pulsed Dye for that. The TITAN procedure is similar to Thermage in that it heats up the dermis so that new collagen will be formed and the skin will develop a tighter appearance. I think the jury is still out on TITAN and Thermage, they work well on some and they don't work at all for others, which isn't the kind of success profile I'd suggest for anyone.

And yes, Dr Frank Ryan is someone I greatly admire. His work on Heidi aged her, but she asked for it and the whole "10 procedures" thing is nonsense, it was more like 4 surgical procedures and then a bunch of non surgical tweaks. She really shouldn't have gone out and publicized herself, her face is still healing and quite swollen by my estimate. Frank does everyone, you'd really be surprised at how extensive his client list is.

• Members

Well, I said stuff like lasers, meaning resembling but might not be lasers. And what you said is in a stark contrast to what some other dermatologist use these things for. It seems as if these lasers are actually toys for dermatologists to play with, each one has it's own preference.

Type, e.g., YAG spider veins into Google and you'll see it's used. Wiki on stretchmarks mentions how a journal Dermatologic Surgery says that Pulsed Dye treatment gave "good and very good" subjective improvement in stretch marks in 33 of 37 patients.

A mess!

I don't like his work. His website SCREAMS! kitsch and no-taste!

• Members

Marcia is a client of one of the two doctors I mentioned. I don't know if it's allowed to say, DaytimeFan will know if it is.

I would like to know which ones do you consider dermatological & surgical success stories and which ones are downright disastrous examples?

Shame this is only meant for soap stars, I'm much more insterested in film people. :D

• Members

Would that be the scary, Dracula-looking one? Whoever it is, he did a bad job. Marcia's shiny forehead is distracting, and her face has been pulled to the extent that her eyebrows are now a straight line stretching across her temples.

I don't know whether she is a plastic surgeon per se but I am told that NY dermatologist Patricia Wexler is the best of the best in terms of looking after the skin. Dr. Nicholas Perricone, too.

Bad male face-lift: Burt Reynolds!

• Members

No, I checked some sites online and it can be said, I guess. Frank Ryan is Marcia's doc. He has also been spotted with Hayden Panettiere (DaytimeFan says Hayden has sun damage and it will start to show up more and more as time passes by).

The "Dracula-looking one" (LMAO! :lol:) is Madonna's doctor (isn't it obvious?). And also Gwyneth's and Lenny's (Kravitz). His website (very clinical-looking) can be found here. Madonna's bruises, however, can be found here.

:)

I think Wexler is another one of DaytimeFan's favourites. :)

Speaking of which... As DaytimeFan said, Maria Arena needs to see a derm as soon as possible. I suggest Jessica Wu. :D She'd suit her, somehow, in my opinion...

• Members

Pat Wexler is a great dermatologist, she tends to give bad advice in magazines (the reason why escapes me, she is a brilliant woman!) but her work, Christie Brinkley, Candace Bushnell, Bette Midler, Kim Cattrall, Kirsten Davis etc speaks for itself.

Ma Bell from Beverly Hills definitely needs to see a dermatologist, her skin is out of control and doesn't look good and it's only going to look worse.

Frank Ryan is a truly world class physician, his website might not be to your taste Sylph, but you'd be surprised whose famous faces have been touched by Frank. The man has a gift and he does tremendous work for children with facial deformities.

• Members

Well, that's good about Patricia Wexler as I plan on making an appointment with her practice for this spring!

Re-watching the you-tubed Y&R Brad-in-a-cage storyline from 1988-89 instead of the current show (1988 Y&R is so much more compelling) and I'm beginning to realize that Don Diamont, while also working out and staying in good nick, is no stranger to the botox needle.

Archived