Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you think that "normal" people using plastic surgery is any more common today than it was 30 years ago, or is just that the media hypes this as being more normal, and the ideal? I know it's more common for women to get breast implants, but facelifts and Botox and all the rest, I wonder if that's still generally limited to the money set.

• Members

I am not sure what the deal is with Emma Samms, but to me she looks like Emma Samms' mother, or in other words she looks sort of right. The skin is a little loose, there is a hint of a slight oncoming jowl down the road, she doesn't look like she has had much done. And I know she is letting herself age because when she came back this year with that dead animal on her head it seemed like she was too old for the haircut. I liked her short hair from her 2006 run.

Heather Locklear did something to her mouth area. I am no expert on these things but the once very pretty Sammy Jo looked downright disturbing a couple of months back. Marcia Cross I think is blessed with great features (she reminds me of Maureen O'Hara with the coloring) I just suspect she needs to leave herself alone because she will age better than most people and any assistance might actually hurt.

• Members

I got my first copy when I was 13--so 1992-93 when I was a new fan (and trust me, that was before the Internet or the Coffee Table book, so I couldn't find the history of the show anywhere and was damn confused why it talked about all these characters like Mary Kennicott I had never even heard the family name of :lol: ) But that was, as you refered to it, the smelly ex-library copy I came across at a book sale, and was amazed by. The one I have now is a much nicer copy I got only a few years back ;)

(I can't believe we're fighting about this)

Carl--I do think it's a bit more ocmmon. I guess most of my friends and aquantances are middle to upper middle class, so I can't speak for everyone but I tink fairly low ky surgeries like facelifts and botox are a LOT more common.

• Members

Eric, as for Dear Aggie's face, I don't think a Joan Rivers runs though it by any means, I just think that she's had at least one very good face and brow lift. Conservative, tasteful, well done... she is an attractive octogenarian.

I remember finding All Her Children in the library (along with LaGuardia's Soap World) when I was in high school. I wonder if they're still there or if they've since been sold in one of those sales in the basement...

• Members

Remember how hot she was in Soapdish?? Still a good-looking woman, but they had DH on at the restaurant we were having dinner in the other week and I was kinda shocked by her appearance. Looked like a botox'd brow and Jackie Zeman filler/fat injected chimpmunk cheeks.

• Members

I think LK looks fake. I dont know if shes had surgery or not. But it looks like she has. However, thats on the show. IRL i think she looks great. So its prob the makeup on the show.

Suzanne Rogers looks great. Im sure shes had some minor stuff, but she pulled it off well.

• Members

Mine's first edition first printing too (were there many printings? lol I know there was actually a paperback edition so I guess it sold decently). I also corresponded with Dan. (OK we exhcnaged like two emails--he never replied to me when I asked what happened with him working with Agnes on Loving. Oh well lol)

• Members

That is medically untrue. I dated a Doc and he said the healing thing was all propaganda from the STOP SMOKING LOBBY. Same as the adverts on TV that talk about loosing fingers and toes from smoking. Diabetic smokers (and non-smokers) have these problems. If anything, the decrease in capillary size reduces bleeding. With that said, smoking sucks and is bad. Also, there is only a tiny chance of smoking- related issues regarding anesthesia and this is especially true with a younger or light smoker.

Lesson: Avoid health tips from 90210

Archived