Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Members

Just because a person has plastic surgery doesn't mean that someone doesn't value people and the treasures of life. She clearly is that kind of person. She also clearly doesn't like having an old looking face.

And remember, Rebecca Budig is 37 and uses Botox with the best of them while Susan Lucci is 64. Of course Rebecca Budig can get away with wearing less makeup, she's nearly 30 years younger than Susan Lucci!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The screen snap of SL isn't fair. She has looked exhausted the last couple weeks which makes her look older. It isn't the plastic surgery. Agnes Nixon said that SL is taping two weeks and flying back to NY for one week. At her age, SL cannot bounce back like the younger actresses which is why I wonder how long she can keep up the bi-coastal travel.

• Members

I think to truly know the greatness (read: horror) of someone's surgery, say Lucci's, you need to see her skin live, from up close and with a magnifying glass, if possible. And to meet her when she gets out of bed. That's how she looks like.

Not under a ton of make-up, specially designed lighting, on your TV screen... Or in a magazine photo, which is, d'oh, heavily re-touched in PhotoShop.

• Members

There are only A FEW women who should be seen "from up close and with a magnifying glass, if possible, when they out of bed". As a matter of fact all women should avoid that. This sounds very cruel, almost like a nightmare, at least for me. :D Susan Lucci looks gorgeous and when I remember how old she is, she looks even more gorgeous.. ;)

• Members

LOL!

You know... Even if the audience doesn't see a soap actress when she gets out of bed, looking like a zombie, she sees herself. You can fool others into believing you're gorgeous, but you can't fool yourself. :P Imagine an actress with fake boobs, fake lips, fake tightened face... Everything fake. Some kind of a mix between a human and an inanimate object. Terrible.

But don't worry, Elsa, in a few decades all humans will be made out of rubber, gum, plastic, polymers and what not.

If they don't invent some revolutionary technique of re-growining (skin and other) cells on humans themselves. Or, if not that, then cultivate them in a Petri dish and then transplant them somehow or whatever. :)

• Members

That is such a sad, untrue statement. Hollywood has really warped people's self image. The saddest part is there is no going back. Going forward most people will likely have unrealistic ideas about what they should look like, especially as they age and will never manage to be happy with what they see in the mirror. All thanks to the smoke and mirrors the media puts out there.

• Members

Sometimes a woman looks most beautiful with her face devoid of make-up and her hair tied simply back. However, I know what I look like first thing in the morning, :lol: and, regardless, I sort of love your entire statement, Elsa! Especially the last line.

Archived