Jump to content
Sylph

HBO: Game of Thrones

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

Someone please tell Kit to take that $500k/eppy and STFU!

 

 

See i read a different article where he was cool with it. Interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Antoyne said:

See i read a different article where he was cool with it. Interesting...

 

I'm sure but I just need him to STFU cause you know deep down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a quote from a BTS video, people. He was laughing and joking around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Dinklage also had comments on Tyrion's stupidity, felt like Mark Hamill realizing how crappy Star Wars had become.

 

 

Edited by theherowithin
add word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. What a rollercoaster of emotions. So much great stuff in the post-battle - the funeral, the dinner, the humor with Tormund and the Hound, Gendry becoming a Lord.

 

Poor Gendry didn't see that wedding proposal rejection coming! But I don't think it's over for them just yet.

 

Bronn's scene was another standout. 

 

Brienne and Jaime were the emotional center of the episode and it was so, so good. I wasn't sure if they'd ever go there, but I am so glad they slept together, even if it wasn't an expression of romantic love from Jaime but instead platonic love and gratitude (at least that's my reading for now). I found Jaime's continued guilt over his crimes extremely touching, and a natural continuation of his redemption arc, and of course, what can be said about Christie's heartbreaking reaction to begging Jaime to stay and him leaving? EMMY for Christie!

 

And then the dragon being killed out of the blue! What a twist. What a scene.

 

The final scene was phenomenal. Cersei at her coldest, evilest, bitchiest. Poor Missandei. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterdays episode was bullsh-t!

 

Gendry hasnt seen Arya in years since she was a kid. They've been together a couple of days, had a one night stand and now he's professing love and marriage? Boy, get out of here with that! Im glad she said no bc I was afraid the show was gonna have her accept

 

Not feeling Jamie and Brienne. That was fanfare bc I know many expected it

 

I wish we had seen Sansa and Arya react to Jon's news. Dont like how that was cut out

 

Dany has two damn dragons and was flying. How TF did she not see the fleet when she had aerial advantage? Why did neither dragon open fire on them? These guys are going into war yet the show treated them as if they were on peasant ships that fisherman would use. Where was the defense and offense? Euron should not have been able to obliterate them like that

 

Wouldnt have happened but Missandai could have went out like a boss had she grabbed Cersei's neck and tried to kill them both. They could have had the Mountain intervene and saved Cersei but I wish Missandai had tried something bc she could have ended things there

 

I kept waiting for the show to do a cutaway to Euron's face when Tyrion was talking about Cersei's baby. He cant be this dumb to think he's the father

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first half of this episode - like episode 2 - is pure soap opera, all interpersonal relationships and character beats, and all well done. I'd forgotten all about Sansa and the Hound's past relationship. The Starks confronting Jon and calling him on his divided loyalties, out of love. This is what soap is about and GOT can still do it well. I'm amazed they've given so much time over to character thus far this season - however it may make action junkie fans wail and whine - when Season 6 was so high-octane and histrionic and didn't have time for much else. This season is an improvement.

 

Everyone is great this week, especially Sophie Turner, but Isaac Hempstead Wright had an exquisitely sad moment when dreamy Bran told Tyrion he doesn't 'want' anymore and to not envy him. Some of his best work, just the look on his face.


Emilia Clarke doesn't get enough credit for her talent. Watching Daenerys slowly destabilize just sitting at that table in the dining hall (Winterfell's first public gathering since the pilot) and watching things change around here was spellbinding.

 

Still watching, so I haven't read the above post.

 

19 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Gendry hasnt seen Arya in years since she was a kid. They've been together a couple of days, had a one night stand and now he's professing love and marriage? Boy, get out of here with that! 

 

That's how they rolled in medieval times. It's the way of things. I'm glad she said no, for now at least.

Edited by Vee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vee said:

The first half of this episode - like episode 2 - is pure soap opera, all interpersonal relationships and character beats, and all well done.

 

❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cheap21 said:

Yesterdays episode was bullsh-t!

 

Gendry hasnt seen Arya in years since she was a kid. They've been together a couple of days, had a one night stand and now he's professing love and marriage? Boy, get out of here with that! Im glad she said no bc I was afraid the show was gonna have her accept

 

Not feeling Jamie and Brienne. That was fanfare bc I know many expected it

 

I wish we had seen Sansa and Arya react to Jon's news. Dont like how that was cut out

 

Dany has two damn dragons and was flying. How TF did she not see the fleet when she had aerial advantage? Why did neither dragon open fire on them? These guys are going into war yet the show treated them as if they were on peasant ships that fisherman would use. Where was the defense and offense? Euron should not have been able to obliterate them like that

 

Wouldnt have happened but Missandai could have went out like a boss had she grabbed Cersei's neck and tried to kill them both. They could have had the Mountain intervene and saved Cersei but I wish Missandai had tried something bc she could have ended things there

 

I kept waiting for the show to do a cutaway to Euron's face when Tyrion was talking about Cersei's baby. He cant be this dumb to think he's the father

 

Lots of trash last night...

 

Including this mess...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That blooper is funny!

 

I swear, I don't know what y'all even WANT! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trash starts with Jaime not even struggling with leaving Brienne.  Am I the only one who thought he loved her?  He takes her virginity and leaves to get to his twin sister before she is killed?  Just a little struggle from Jaime would have worked.  just a little. 

 

Then, Dany has not a bit of sense.  She just gleefully flies off?  Yes, she does not have the same experience as others but why would she stroll into such an ambush?  She should have had someone go ahead to asses things.  That made no sense when she has 200 advisors!  

 

Jon is a bean head!  Straight up dummy. 

 

The only person that made sense last night was Cersei (and Sansa).  She did what she does.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those farewells with Jon, Tormund, Sam and Gilly felt very real. People give Kit Harington [!@#$%^&*] for not playing the flashiest role but he sells emotion and heartfelt affection so well. It got me.

 

I did not expect the Tyrion/Sansa relationship to be this affecting and smartly-played after years apart. It really works and so does her calling him on the truth: He is afraid of Daenerys.

 

This is something @DRW50 (who I know doesn't watch anymore) called years ago when she banished Jorah, which I saw as well but he saw more clearly - when pushed, Daenerys defaults to the Mad Queen, like her ancestors. This has been more and more clear since she arrived in Westeros, and this season has made it manifest. I don't understand why fans complain about the loss of the White Walkers or claim it's a cheat or unsatisfying for the real threat to be something else. To me, GOT has always truly been about what comes after the absolute black and white evil is gone and we are left dealing with human nature in the ugliest and most complicated and messy way possible. It's what Tyrion and Davos said at the top of this episode: "Now all that's left is each other." That may not be as feel-good a conclusion as everyone banding together to stop the Night King, but it's the truth. It was always going to be Daenerys, IMO.

Edited by Vee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the final scene with Brienne and Jaime was a bit too soppy, but I understood her being overcome. I wish it had been pitched better. He was right about his overwhelming complex re: Cersei, but there needed to be more of a discussion. I didn't mind their consummation earlier, though I didn't expect it to ever happen.

 

Varys and Tyrion's stuff was great. It was nice to see them getting real about who Daenerys is, both good and bad. But in the end I don't believe anyone will sit on the Iron Throne. I think Jon will die to stop and kill Daenerys, and the Seven Kingdoms will become citystates. The wheel will be broken by Daenerys and Jon crossing themselves out and the Throne will be no more. And that's probably how it should be.

 

Lena Headey does so much with just a look and something in her eyes. She did the same with Dinklage last season in the Season 6 finale. Cersei is human but she can't let herself feel it anymore. They are very good together. And as I said before, Emilia doesn't get enough credit. Her face at the end - a mask of rage - just had the fury of ancients etched across it.

 

At least Missandei went out with dignity. I thought it would be her and not Grey Worm, I've thought so for a few weeks. Appropriate that Daenerys' triumphant theme played over the credits for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...