2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toups:

Carolyn wasn't listed in the OLTL extended xmas credit crawl...so I think she was gone in 2009

Also, does anyone know why the writers were listed the way they were in the OLTL xmas credits...It didn't seem alphabetical or senority..Fred Johnson wasn't listed with the other breakdown writers...weird.

who's carolyn's script editor replacement?

• Administrator

I believe Owen Renfroe accepted one year. I think it's who directed the episode that accepts? Unlike Frank Valentini who didn't let Larry Carpenter accept!

Carolyn's still in the episode credits. Katherine Schock's the new SE.

• Members

Y&R:

Hogan Sheffer and Scott Hamner fired; Jack Smith returns as co-HW. I would suggest Kay Alden as well, but I fear B&B would fall to pieces (a la 2005-2007) if she left.

Rauch I can take or leave. The only thing in 2009 I thought was particularly badly produced was Colleen's death. TPTB didn't have the budget to make that work and they bit off more than they could chew.

B&B:

Patrick Mulcahey replaces Brad Bell as HW; Michael Minnis fired as co-HW (he has done NOTHING for the show).

• Members

Thanks for sharing all this.

I went on a tour of the AMC studios back in 1998 and Enza Dolce was the one who showed us around. She seemed like an extremely nice lady. On the other hand she was the one who directed that horrible Zarf music video haha. All I know about Aronson is that she, along with Judy Wilson, was one of TPTB who thought Aiden Turner just the bestest thing ever when he joined in 2002. They are both relatively young, I wonder what they plan to do for a living in New York now?

I like Michael Pomarico's directing but am not surprised he's not going. He's been with the show forever as technical director.

I really hope that Ginger Smith, who started off at the very bottom of the production staff about 20 years ago and worked her way up through every single position, is staying. They need someone in production who really knows AMC.

I hate that AMC is losing Tessinari. Her husband is some big athlete right?

I wonder why Francesca James will be directing in LA when she's been in New York for the last little while and only directed a handful of episodes?

• Members

AMC: Hal Corley, Frederick Johnson and Michelle Patrick re-join the writing staff as AHW/BD writers (either w/ Lorraine Broderick and/or Addie Walsh, or replacing them); most, if not all, of the current SW's replaced w/ Susan Dansby, Judith Donato, Mimi Leahey and Leslie Nipkow, respectively; and (long shot, but...) Michele Val Jean named AMC's 1st AA HW.

• Members

Quick question: On the OLTL and DOOL credits, is it the last person listed that writes the script for that given day? I believe there's always two people at the end of DOOL episodes, so is it the one before them? Any help appreciated :)

Archived