Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Members

Less of a weasel? If anything, I think this makes Adam look more of a weasel. What difference does it make, after all, to share this information w/ Sharon if they're about to die (or think they are)? If they both die, or if just one of 'em does, he's still off the hook for his crimes.

If Adam truly gave a damn about how he's hurt Sharon and Ashley, then he should confess after the plane crash, when he knows how much he stands to lose, yet realizes that none of that matters so long as justice is done.

Of course, the writers probably presume we haven't figured it out yet, in which case, it is who we're thinking.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would they break up their biggest supercouple in years?! :lol: JToria 4 eva!!!!!1111!!

I've always said David Tom could do this Billy better. He can play the selfish playboy, but with so much more heart. Totally agree he'd be wasted though. As for Mac...I do think Clem had chemistry with Raul, but if he returned I wouldn't want him tormented with her.

• Members

It's kind of hard to confess after the crash if you think you might die during it.

Maybe, just maybe, Adam thinks he might die and Sharon might live and wants her to know the truth if that happens.

But then that makes sense and there's nothing to nitpick about it, so that can't possibly be an explanation.

• Members

Yes, I think Adam was -- in the moment -- intending to confess...just as you suggest. I don't know...whether Sharon remembers this or not, I look forward to seeing how it spins out. I cannot imagine a wrong direction for this tale.

I'll bet you hated the Sopranos ending :lol: For me, daytime is often guilty of filling in too many blanks--all that expository recap. I like it when I have to figure stuff out. That's what I loved about early LML and her story setups.

• Members

I didn't mind the Sopranos ending, I minded the boring endless filler 2-3 seasons before that which seemed to be designed to fill out the wallets of those involved.

A basic part of daytime, or any dramatic form, is explaining a story to people. You can still explain a basic story and let people guess what's going to happen. This story, from the time of Adam gaslighting Ashley, tormenting her after he was supposedly so guilt-ridden over her losing the baby, claiming that he had no idea she'd lose the baby (none of that makes any sense to me) is just nothing but vague, depressing, bizarre story points, and we are supposed to make up any of Adam's motivations for ourselves. Just like the weeks spent here talking about whether Patty Jane mentioning pills ONCE was supposed to be a great clue to us that she was going to become a one-note psyco. We do far more work than any of the writers seem to do, yet we're supposed to applaud their efforts.

If the acting was good enough, if the pacing was there, if the actors involved had more chemistry, then the story might work, but as it is, it's just an extremely awkward attempt to remind us that yet again, Sharon is all about men and we need to see the Newman brothers snorting and stamping their feet over a woman.

Archived