OLTL: Discussion for the week December 21

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. And they usually have the cast credits on Friday, but this is the last episode of the week, so they aired them today, even though they apply to Monday and Tuesday as well, since they would have been Thursday and Friday barring pre-emption (which is why Ford was listed, since he appears on Tuesday).

• Members

I liked the little hint that Renee and Nigel will team up to take on Kim, we'll see how it goes, but the fact that they even chose Renee and Nigel for this task is one of those reasons why I feel OLTL is written and produced by people who are actually fans of the show. OLTL has the best little rep company of recurring players.

• Members

They also use Renee much more now than they did under Higley or Malone. They used her and Addie much, much more before the writer's strike.

Clint and Kim are absolutely magical and surprisingly tender so far, but it makes sense that Nigel and Renee would gun for her.

• Members

Did Renee have any storyline on his return? I know she had a decent amount the first time he was there.

My favorite part of today's show was Dorian, the tension she felt during what should have been a happy Christmas, slowly escalating to horror and finally, acceptance. The way she so resignedly accepted Mitch's threats at the end, not even trying to show defiance, was great soap. Robin's face said so much, Dorian being at a low, especially contrasted with the diva moment black fur she was wearing.

• Members

But all he gave her was that dreadful hypnosis story. Her involvement these last two years has made much more sense to me.

I also thought Dorian's face at the end today was devastating. And yes, Matthew and Danielle and the walking killed me.

• Members

I think this has been a great week for One Life to Live...

I love the stories with Mitch and Dorian. But I think the writers must think we are stupid. Because if this was a real situation, why wouldn't Dorian just go to Bo and say "Hey - Mitch told me if i didn't fire you, he'd kill my family...Could you go along with it, just to save my family?" We all know Bo would go along with that. Anyone would.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this Danielle character? She reminds me of a much worse/more obnoxious/female version of Todd. I think she is a very good actress, but they continually write her to be more and more unlikable.

And I agree, what's the point of Destiny if Matthew is going to have all his major storylines with this Dani girll? I like Des.

I think this has been a phenomenal week. Melissa Archer (Natalie) is phenomenal, and Jerry verDorn is very good too as Clint!

Gigi makes me nauseous. And I mean, really, physically, ill.

Archived