Y&R Episodes Discussion

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't answer, these days I can sit in the living room with it on and ignore most of it. I think today was better because I listened to it while doing dishes. Maybe soaps do have a future, as radio shows again, lol.

If Sharon threw that picture away than these writers have no concept either. A real mother would stick it in the photo album or somewhere else where she keeps her momentos.

• Members

I watched it with two other people AND your advanced warning. What we all saw was that Adam looked over at the sofa trying to fix a target to throw his jacket, and then he threw hit. We all read that as aiming for the sofa...and inadvertently hitting the picture. It is the kind of little accident that happens all the time.

My guess is that this was actually good writing--by which I mean, as others in this thread have said, it was set up to make either set of beliefs plausible. "Did he or didn't he?"

Even if we accept the worst case scenario...Adam did it on purpose...that would then mean the show has firmly decided on his direction: unredeemable villain.

I think with both Adam-Sharon and Jack-Emily, the rushedness of it undermines anything that might be possible to develop. Adam and Sharon have huge obstacles to acceptance, because she is afraid to be without a man, and he has done evil things. We should have seen them start maybe even at odds...slowly discover common ground...maybe do some good work at Newman together. Where they are now should not have happened until 6- or 12-months of evolving friendship.

The same is true with Jack-Emily. For me, the huge "ick" is Emily. No good therapist would do what she is doing...getting involved in such a boundary-breaking relationship. Moreover, no good therapist would give her heart over so quickly. Jack has been doing insta-romances since Sharon...so I can tolerate this from him. But Emily...this is only serving to make us believe she is screwed up.

It seems so clear that they have to hurry and make Jack-Emily close so they can tell their "Therapist-Princess and Psycho-Pauper" story...and since that is so clearly signalled, that is a shame. Now it seems to me that by also ruining Emily (making her seem impulsive and infatuated), they are totally making sure that Haiduk has no long-term viability. I don't actually care about that so much (cast is too big)...but why bother?

If time were devoted, then I think we could have grown to accept both couples (as long as they didn't keep doing stupid, unredeemable things). Alas, both the rush factor and the sick factor (Adam arranging to be caught having sex, Sharon unable to be without a man, Emily falling in love after 3 dates at the GCAC) undermines everything.

• Members

And this is supposed to be a very good direction for a core character, especially given what next generational core characters like Billy, Colleen, Lily, Mac, and Chance have been turned into with this crappy writing regime?

Even you know the Adam character had more potential than to just be an "unredemable villain," or are you going to apologize and rationalize the mistakes of this writing team again?

I don't consider ambiguous writing (which I don't consider this to be) to be a good thing when both scenarios make the villain more unlikeable and unsympathetic.

Adam had a pissed off look on his face when he zeroed on on the picture, he knew the sofa was in that direction, what could make him so upset about aiming his jacket in that direction? It had to be that drawing of Nick's once stable family with Sharon, which he'll never have.

• Members

I am off for the holidays and decided to watch. Hmmm...bad idea...LOL

The show is still a hot mess. I didnt know who some of the characters were....Jack and Emily??.....yuck......I see Patty is still in loonville......boring.....Some vets were on but nothing caught my attention.

Who was that man with Jill??

I left Y&R and the show seems to be in the same state/place where I left it....lol

• Members

I hate this Emily creation too, 5 minutes of knowing him, she's in love with Jack. :rolleyes:

Again, if they wanted to keep Haiduk, they shouldn't have f.ucked over Patty so badly.

Emily is useless and boring creation that has no chemistry with Jack. Talent comes and goes, and Haiduk should have come and gone. The agenda driven writing of this writing team is horrible...

Archived