SOD: All Soaps... [12/15/09]

• Members

Most Preposterous Plot Twist: Y&R Phillip is Alive-Agreed!! What a shame.

Best Triangle: Y&R Phyllis/Nick/Sharon-In what planet?? They suck!

Best Recast: Y&R Michael Muhney-Awful recast....

Worst Return: Y&R Deacon....agreed

Best Weddings: Y&R (Chloe & Billy, Kay & Murphy, Lily & Cane)...lily and cane?...lololololol

Best Psycho: Y&R Patty-more like worst psycho

Best Tearjerker: Y&R Brad's Death...didnt watch so cant reall comment

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Patty was just an awful, awful story, with a limp noodle for a finale and with nothing but hollow shock value the rest of the way. She went from relatively stable to psycho in about ten minutes.

Muhney and the smirky twitches just further killed any value Adam ever had.

Once again press hype obscures Y&R's many flaws. They know what sells magazines I guess.

• Members

As previously stated, you'll surely be pleased then. And IMO, DAYS should have gotten Most Improved Soap, though I can't argue with throwing GL one final bone.

OMG! Love him and wish he'd come back. He visited Daytime Royalty recently, albeit briefly. If Sheila's coming back, it won't be the same without Marland here.

You nailed it. What an AWFUL choice. Why does the soap press think that Muhney & Haiduk are the be all and end all? I find them overrated. Haiduk is a good actress and all, but I would never tune into a show just for her like I do with some other daytime actors/actresses.

And I gotta give them props for naming ATWT's Alison Most Boring Character. Schulenberg. Must. Go.

• Members

The soap press invested a lot in the idea of Y&R being a masterpiece again. They may also want to send a message to someone like Engen who left his role so abruptly and caused bad PR. There has been a campaign for months with the soap press to let us know how awesome Muhney is (he Tweets!) and what a brilliant actor he is. And Haiduk also gets a lot of hype, because the Patty story was supposed to be so much more than it turned out to be.

I don't really have an issue with Haiduk, although I think there is little she can do with her material, but I think that giving Muhney an award for Best Recast after the thud with which he's landed in the role is a bit odd.

Then again, this wasn't a great year for recasts, was it?

I would have given it to the woman who plays Rachel on OLTL.

Archived