SOD: All Soaps... [12/15/09]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is surprising to me, since most Y&R discussion around here seems to allude to the fact that it sucks these days.

Are you being serious? Or are you being Ron? :P Why don't you post some of the 'best's, Mr. Optimism?! ;) (I'm just teasing with ya...)

• Members

Here are the Y&R ones (I got this from a poster on soapcentral)

Most Preposterous Plot Twist: Y&R Phillip is Alive

Best Triangle: Y&R Phyllis/Nick/Sharon

Best Recast: Y&R Michael Muhney

Worst Return: Y&R Deacon

Best Weddings: Y&R (Chloe & Billy, Kay & Murphy, Lily & Cane)

Best Psycho: Y&R Patty

Best Tearjerker: Y&R Brad's Death

• Members

God, what awful picks for their "Best" section. How much money did Maria slip these people? :unsure:

The awful Michael Muhney? Really? Billy Miller was a more worthy choice, even if I do find him overrated and he did start at the end of 2008. Brad's death was a tearjerker? You mean the one week this horrible writing team acknowledged it? Lily and Cane as apart of their Best Weddings? Chloe and Billy's wedding too? WTF!?!

Patty was a botched psycho if anything and they went too far with her and didn't know how to write her out of her corner properly.

God, 2009 was the worst year ever for soaps, judging by these picks.

• Members

Billy Miller was a recast last year and he lost out to Ricky Paul Gouldin.

Patty was a good psycho in the beginning when talking to her stuffed kitty and it went downhill from there. There was no mention of her pills since the first time she mentioned them.

I'm glad they had the good senese to say Phyllis, Nick, and Sharon are a triangle and not include Jack at all.

Brad's death was sad only because he won't be on the show after 20 years, and a rarely used recast got a better death scenes than he did.

The weddings were WTF, but I'm assuming there was a shortage of weddings in daytime.

Archived