ATWT: December Discussion

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today seems like "B" story day.

But any day I see CZP is a good day.

I still don't understand why they bothered to make Hunter Em's forgotten egg baby, when she's got two other kids she ignores. Now she wants another one? Will this show EVER go through a lull where NO WOMAN gets baby-crazy?

• Members

Nice to see Damian's still the same slimy, manipulating, womanizing, lying snake he was last time around. Wow, so much for character development...

CZP was looking HOTTT today. I swear that woman barely ages!!

It's pretty obvious at this point that we're going to get stuck with another Emily spawn whether we like it or not. They keep bringing up this story year after year. Maybe this time, it'll actually happen.

At first, I thought Mick might have a chip in his brain when he clutched his head. But once Babs made the comment that Mick was talking like he had been there when she was young (and the camera did that mysterious "close-ups-on-actors, then pan back and forth" thing, I started getting the hunch that, like P.J. said, Mick is just James on the miracle juice.

This whole "youth" plant keeps giving me flashbacks to the "old people spa" storyline. Poor Emily; first they made her old--at the spa, and now--Mick's gonna make her young and egg-ful again.

I find it very painful to watch the Hunter/Maddie scenes. It might be a bit cuter if Hunter wasn't so damn awkward.

Casey, shut up. You know you only want to work at Memorial so you can stalk Alison on a daily basis. And wtf was that whole choking act with the kid? That would terrify me....NOT make me wanta take the medicine!! That was sooo strange. :blink:

• Members

Oh, no....I have not said Mick is James on "miracle juice". I refuse to believe my show is that far gone. IF that's what it turns out to be, I'll acknowledge that Gouty/Pissy/Bloom/Kriez have simply thrown in the towel and called it a day.

I don't think Mick's comments mean anything more than he researched Paul/Em/Babs and has some connection to James. How much deductive reasoning does it take to come up with "Babs wouldn't normally give Henry the time of day"? As much as I love Henry--not a lot in my estimation. My theory is he's Gunnar's son, and afflicted by the same blood disease that was supposed to have killed him before he went ballooning to Australia. (I think it was Australia...I just had a horrid thought that Simon could technically be Gunnar's son...PH-tooeeey *ack-ack* coughs up hairball)

• Members

ZIP--edeeedooodah!!! Excellent eppy!!

I FLOVE Parker!! Not angryteenParker (well, I love him in spite of his teen snottiness) but honest-to-God concerned about his parents Parker, who understands Jack and Carly take care of each other and need each other now! YES!!

Rosanna needs to STFU! The time to "think about Carly" was before you screwed Craig in Carly's bed! Wanting her to be in the wedding is almost as delusional as NutMeg. Aren't these the two airheads that were so concerned about Carly's drinking, they followed her around the country, guilty at the thought of her getting drunk because of them? And now Rosanna's pushing her to be in the wedding to make herself feel better? OMG...selfish bitch.

The other selfish bitch of the day is Janet. GMAFB! Yes, I get that Jack's taking off was upsetting. But instead of listening to what's going on with him, she made it all about her. Just 'cause now she's stopped harping on his two beers that caused Brad's death (and acknowledged that others played a role) doesn't mean Jack's ready to open up to her---even if he's opened up to Carly. And after she declares she's "done" with the marriage and is going to move out, she doesn't get the right to be all indignant and teary-eyed when he offers to move out instead. I nearly barfed when Libby came back and they both declared they "didn't need anyone else" as long as they had each other. *eyeroll*

• Members

My bad. I must have read that somewhere else. Idk...

Well, even if that's the case, it's not like it can't be un-done. All 3 ladies that were aged at the spa were later re-youth'd. If Mick is James, what's to say he can't be re-old'd? :P

• Members

Point of order...two ladies (Carly and Rose) were reyouthed. Em was never olded, and Babs' burns were also cured. (Yes, I know I'm more than a little annoying, but you <3 me. LOL)

But that's another reason I don't buy Mick being some verision of James. Why would "MickJames" be in Oakdale getting Paul's inheritance? I think James knew Audrey would more than likely come after him, being the greedy little bitch she was and he planned something. No doubt when James finally does pop up "alive" again, he'll get this serum and walk again. But James wouldn't be hanging around "testing" his magic formula. He'd be setting people at each other's throats.

• Members

Well, I was a little young when that story was on, so all the details are a little fuzzy. :P:lol:

I agree with you, but....what if "MickJames" is using this all as a charade to inject some harmful medicine into Babs and Emily, crippling them in some way, so that he can have his final showdown with Paul, who I'm sure Papa James is a little upset with. (After all, James has always been less than pleased with Paul's inability to accept the Stenbeckian ways.) He's probably a little upset that baby boy is giving away all his precious inheritance that James worked so hard to con from people.

OR.... this could all be a bigger plan to make them all cry for mercy.

I don't know. James has such a sick, twisted way of thinking and going about things that it gives writers plenty of leeway as to what evil shannanagans he can pull.

• Members

^^^yeah, rub it in how "young" you were! :lol:

The ultimate reason I don't believe in a "MickJames" theory? I think TIIC would FLOVE to keep Pelphrey on recurring---especially if his fangurls come with him. Actually, now that I think about it---I'm reminded of GL's "Dreaming Death" storyline, which was WAY before you were born. I think technically, Ellen Dolan was playing Maureen then.

• Members

Could Mick James be John Dixon and Iva Snyder's son MJ? Of course that would require the show knowing Iva and John exist and that they have a now twentysomething son out there. Being Lily and Margo's brother her certainly has family ties and different directions you could take the character. Now I still hold out hope for MJ so I hope it's not the case (and we know it won't be).

Right now I'm super bored with the show. Only story I love is Molly's return which has been flawless. Just give me more scenes with Carly and some scenes with Rosanna. I also must say Jon Hensley (sans the hair) has been looking super sex lately. He is just something else.

• Members

Dreaming Death was a virus which plagued Springfield around 1983 or 1984. Dr. Jim Reardon (who was on ATWT as Eddie Man's father, and earlier this year as the guy Audrey was doing criminal business with) came to town to work on finding a cure. Maureen had to keep quiet about his presence, which caused some strain in her marriage to Ed.

Everyone got through in the end, aside from an unfortunate nurse, Lesley Ann, who was bitten by a mouse.

• Members

All you need to know Grasshopper, is that it is one of the most universally reviled stories on GL---ever. A poor attempt to emulate GH from the mid-80's when they were trying to freeze the world or some such schizzz....

And I think they killed off Hillary Bauer with it---but I'm not sure. The nurse Lesley Ann (played by Candy Clark, if I recall correctly) then went on to ATWT in the role of Laura, the psycho who was obsessed with Bob and baby Chris' first caregiver.

• Members

I didn't know that actress went on to play the babysitter on ATWT. When I watched those clips I thought she was one of the more matronly psycho babysitters around. And didn't she rub herself with scissors?

Hillary almost died in that story, but recovered. She was killed off in the Susan Piper crazy realtor storyline, when she opened up a music box and it blew up in her face.

Archived