DAYS: December Discussion

• Members

What a great show today. I loved EJ's and his dialog. So funny and dramatic.

Melanie sure is a snotty bitch. How can she control who is living in Maggie's house. She messing with Maggie's money. Should charge Mel that lost income Carly was going to bring in. LOL

I also loved Stefano's dialog. He is so smooth and so dignified. he doesn't flinch at all. I loved his scenes with Rafe today

I really am starting to get a soft spot for Nicole. I felt so bad for her today. Esp after EJ said he would kill her.

Days is doing a great job in keeping the momentum up.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't muster any sympathy for Nicole. Her bad judgment is the cause of everything that has gone wrong and Sydney's kidnapping.

I don't know how Ari puts up with Brady drooling over Nicole. She needs to dump him.

I'm glad that Carly is out of Bo and Hope's house. The little girl who plays Ciara is adorable.

• Members

Monday's episode was brilliantly written--I don't know exactly what it was, but it was a very good, solid episode, with writing we rarely see anymore.

Also, some of the shots looked fabulous... like when Carly was talking with Maggie, they way they shot her, with the flowers behind her... and the way Stefano was positioned and sat... they just looked gorgeous.

• Members

I could not stop laughing when Victor told Phillip that given his bad luck with women he should not weigh in on his father's personal life.

It won't work, but I am rooting Justin on as he tries to get rid of Carly. I hope that they get together in the end.

EJ's plan is so stupid.

Sydney is adorable.

• Members

DAYS writers are serving him well. He was just a hot block of NADA on Passions - the PSSNs writers didn't know how to write for the guy. EM is just fabulous on DAYS. EM is leading man material and I'll admit that I'm still hoping for a torrid Nicole-Brady affair.

HAAAAATE Ej and have said for some time that the writers need to have Nicole wake up and realize that she married a man like dear old dad. Let's not forget that despite the fact that the writers want us to forget that EJ RAPED Sami (yup, all caps because they admitted it was rape before they decided it was only lust and love). He raped her and held her at gunpoint, threatening Lucas' life in the process. Ej is a murderous thug who is willing to take what he wants whenever he wants it with little to no remorse. The only truly human side we've seen of him was with Nicole and then even that was quickly lost. Poor JS... EJ has been reduced to a bellowing (and alternately whining) beast.

I love that DAYS is focusing on Quads instead of triangles - it makes it bit a little more unpredictable. I hadn't thought about the younger quads, but I tend to FF them. I hate the fact that Carly has come back with a child; his or not (not so far), it makes me think of Chelsea showing up and Billie's return. Criminy. That he thinks that he has to keep secrets from Hope to protect Carly? Bo needs a good kick to the backside of his pants on occasion.

Guest dc cubs

I have been both a Bo/Hope and Bo/Carly fan. I'm thrilled to have Carly back in Salem. Bope had become boring and was on the back burner until Ciara's kidnapping. I'm enjoying this quad and Carly and Justin snarking at each other just spiced it up. Sure, there have been some issues like Carly having a child. I don't particularly care for it but I'm interested to see where it leads. However, the kid better not be Bo's as that is just a redux with Billie and Chelsea.

I'm enjoying the family dynamics at the Kiriakis and Dimeara mansions. Vivian has quickly livened things up. I wasn't sure what to expect with the Kate and Stefano marriage but I like them together. It seems as if Kate does care for him.

I was very surprised at who kidnapped Sydney. It seems as if either Stefano or EJ is working with the kidnapper.

• Members

I like that Days' quads and triangles are all out in the open. There isn't any lying or deception about feelings like on GH. Melanie is honest with Nathan. Arianna isn't in the dark about Brady's conflicted feelings for Nicole. Everyone knows who their competition is for the other person's affections.

Bo keeping Carly's secret is silly, but I don't think that it will last long. Right now, I don't see Hope/Bo/Carly/Justin as a real quad as yet. The obstacles between Bo and Hope reunited are being manufactured and at some point, they are going to have to give up and put them back together.

• Members

So busy these days, I only have time to do a DAYS marathon on the weekend. I thought this week was pretty good. Loved all the Victor/Vivian/Kate/Stefano scenes - those four are a goldmine, they really need to mine it. In particular, the Stefano/Kate scenes playing chess were excellent - its been a long slog, but they have really pulled Stefano back from being a cartoon villian who can never be defeated into a flawed sociopath with control issues and human weakness, experiencing real emotions like guilt and worry lol. (As an aside, if they could do that to Victor Newman on Y&R, I'd seriously reconsider start watching that show again, especially if Nicci became an independent character too...)

Also the emerging EJ/Stefano rift will be interesting to see played out - I hope they don't drop the Tony context from it - it adds a complex angle to it that should color all their emotions and actions.

Chloe, Dr Dan and Lucas are so superfluous to the show. I know they will probably be co-opted into other stories, but I'd rather they just left.

Carly & Justin at the Java Cafe - wow. Its great when CC comes alive. I don't see their chemistry as sexual - the acrimonious vibes and jibes felt genuine, not that love-hate-love shtick network tv thinks is so cute and rehashs wherever it can.

Loved seeing Faye again - hope they give her a contract and Roman a lovelife and tension between Abe and Roman. Speaking of which, where is Lexie & Abe?

The slow reveal of the kidnapper is really good. I curse myself for reading that spoiler because I would never have guessed it, and if you are still unspoiled, you're in for a great twist!

I still love Ari Zuker's Nicole. Bad me.

• Administrator

I am so not reading the posts above! I came to this thread to post about today's show but I only peeked at the last post because I was paranoid that someone might already posted who the kidnapper was....and I was right!! Man, I would've been so pissed if I was spoiled on who the kidnapper was. Well, I won't be reading any more posts in this thread - I'm way too paranoid.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I hope Stefano kicks EJ's ass. Who does Junior think he is betraying the Phoenix like that. First I didn't understand how EJ has rights to the mansion - Stefano's no longer in a coma so shouldn't the rights revert back to him? Then he tries to set up his own father to go to jail? Loved it when Stefano called EJ, "Judas". I hope Stefano makes EJ pay in the future for this betrayal.

Archived