GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The recast must mean that Patrick will end up in bed with her soon enough. I can't think of any other reason unless the other actress was a problem on the set. Robin really does deserve better than this. Guza thinks that she is lucky that any man give her a second look apparently. I would like her to have a new love interest. Maybe Steve Webber is a possiblity.

• Members

I'll take a wild stab that we will be seeing lots of Lisa in her underwear for Patrick to catch an eye full once Brianna Brown takes over role. If they can bring a woman on for Patrick, surely they can bring a man on for Robin. What about Antonio Sabato Jr.? He and KMc had chemistry on Night Shift 2.

• Members

So many times I have wished that Robin was never made HIV+. Guza and Phelps use it as an excuse to tie her to Patrick and not give her another love interest. Patrick gets to be with other women, but she can only sleep with him. It is a combination of laziness, poor storytelling, and bigotry. However, CarlD2 did make a good point that if Robin was not HIV+, she might have been killed off ages ago or never brought back to GH.

GH is a soap full of couples that are stale or have run their course. Robin/Patrick, Maxie/Spinelli, Jason/Sam, Carly/Jax and Lucky/Liz have nowhere interesting to go as romantic couples. Guza breaks up and reunites them every a year or so to shake them up, but he refuses to invest in new couples to refresh the canvas. I know that some of this has got to be ABC dictated because this recycling of the same boring couples over and over also happens on AMC and OLTL.

There are other ways for GH to go in its couples. Jax supporting Robin and becoming closer as he is estranged from Carly and Patrick gets involved with Lisa, would bring conflict that Guza loves and even draw in Jason. Maxie and Lucky getting involved again after the truth comes out about Liz's affair would change the dynamic there completely. GH needs something new because show is way too predictable.

Archived