B&B: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Add to the list, JMW (steffy) and DTB (Thomas). Anyone who has ANYTHING to do with taylor, onscreen, gets the suckingest <bg> storyline you can think of, and it's all done to give 'taylor' something to do. Every storyline taylor is in deadens the air and sucks the life out of everyone and everything connected to her. Bell should have gotten the hint when tylo came back and the ratings remained FLAT for five full weeks during sweeps. The attempts at a reunited trudge tanks ratings each time, so much so that Bell had to dump the couple in the worst way possible to make sure fans knew that it was over, even if it was just for the brief while.

I'm just annoyed that this show is held hostage by writers who can't think of a darned thing to do with the character so they keep taking tylo's real life and shoving it at fans in the form of weak soap plots - right down to the lastest escapade of online dating. If you have to take things that far, isn't it a sign that it's time for the character to go?

• Members

Donna Swajeski did today's script. I had heard mentioned that she'd done a script before. It wasn't too bad (if you can close your eyes to this ludricous 80s fashion story). I didn't think Swajeski's AW (what I saw of it) was that bad either, although I guess a lot of people don't like her for edging Lemay out of his second stint on the show--and at least some of her initial ideas are attributed to him.

bb_dare.jpg

• Members

Norrthcafe, I wish this place had been around back in the early to mid 90s, when the show was pro-Taylor central and I thought I was going to lose my mind with all the propping. I wasn't sure if anyone else out there even disliked her.

As for Donna Swajeski, I thought she did a decent job at AW, in areas like longterm plotting, which is something I wish B&B were better at. She wrote a lot of really great material for Anne Heche's Vicky; she "got" Vicky better than anyone else did. She did have some weird issues with vital characters like Donna Love which I never understood, and she had no problem trashing characters to prop her favorites or new faces.

• Members

That's interesting. I imagine she can do little harm, one way or another, as a lowly scriptwriter. Although with Alden, Smith, Mulcahey, now Swajeski on his payroll, I do keep wondering if Brad Bell is looking for a successor (someone who can guide the show while he plays more tennis and serves as EP).

• Members

I don't know. I feel like he's just sort of hiring various ex-writers who were once formidable but now probably just need a job, and he is using their talents to keep the show going, since he himself seemed to run out of ideas years ago.

Swajeski is very good at strong-but-vulnerable female characters. AW, almost more than any other soap, had flawed goddesses, and I think that is what B&B was once good at (it's a shame they had to waste some characters like having Donna return as this sleazy tramp/wet dream for desperate men). Someone like what Iris was to AW is what B&B could really use. I wish they could bring in a sister for Eric or cousin or something and have her take on some of the demigoddess, business tycoon stuff Jackie, Beth, Pam, etc. never did.

• Members

I long ago thought Eric or Stephanie's extended clans -- or the Spectra extended clan -- could have been used to rejuvenate this show. Sadly,. they decided to return to the Logans...and especially because they have sex-dolled Donna and to a lesser extent Katie...and Rick is kind of a vapid disaster...it hasn't helped at all.

Good observation about using the ex-head writers to keep the show going 'cause Brad himself is now out of steam.

• Members

Maybe TPTB have finally come up with a script that will address DC's death and Sally's B&B days can finally come to an end. It was nice to hear Stephany mention her but -- jeeze louise--- how long can the woman stay on that beach with her cabana boys.

• Members

My mom now thinks that Jennifer Gareis is preggers. I thought that way back to the Price is Right when she gained weight and started wearing Empire Waist clothes but she hasn't gotten bigger since then.

I didn't realize how little Sarah Brown is until I saw her standing next to KKL. Are all the men on GH 5'4"?

This board is so into B&B I wonder if a 2010 thread would get to 50 pages by the end of the year.

Archived