Y&R/B&B: Casting NEWS! Spoilerish!

• Members

From CTS:

Kimberlin Brown (Sheila Carter, The Young & the Restless) is on her way out. The Sheila storyline will wrap up sometime in January. Her exit will be open-ended for a possible return one day.

From here:

Quote from Jack Smith:

"This chapter of the [sheila] story will end in January/February, but we're keeping it open for the character," affirms co-executive producer/head writer Jack Smith.

O.K., I KNOW the Sheila fans will interpret that a dozen different ways and refuse to face reality, but both SOW and SID in the new issues say that Brown will depart by February at the latest. By "keeping it open" I'm sure Smith means the character's fate will be left open in case Brad Bell wants to bring her back on B&B. I think the chances of Sheila returning to Y&R is about nil, since this was such a big flop.

SOW also confirms that Tom will be shot (probably by John, though Ashley will take the blame) and will be on life-support and unable to tell anyone where Lauren and Sheila are.

Roscoe Born (Tom Fisher, The Young & the Restless) taped his last scenes on December 6th and will be killed off during first week of January.

Lesley-Anne Down (Jackie Marone, The Bold & the Beautiful) puts the rumors to rest about status at B&B. First, she did not clear out her dressing room. Instead, she took photographs off her walls because she was having her dressing room painted. Second, she is still in contract negotiations. -LoL that's kinda funny!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seems Sheila's never used as anything more than a temporary shock-value character who's written into a corner. Can't this fascinating character be a LONG-RUNNING mainstay, with more than one mini-story and then poof?

• Members

This is devastating news, Kenny. The Y&R PTB and audience in general who ive seen on messageboards are absolutely brain dead when it comes to understand what makes the show work. People will want to wring my neck for saying this but Jill Farren Phelps was right when she said "Sometimes you have to give the audience what they didn't know they needed." Ive seen the vicious anti Sheila messageboard talk from unimaginative and limited viewers who couldn't put a storyline together to save their lives. Jack Smith is clearly influenced by the ridiculous demands of these viewers who like to see GOOD GUYS and BAD GUYS kind of like the Bush administration does. No in between. Soap characters with both good and bad shades have ceased to exist. SHEILA CARTER is one of the standouts. She is at the root, an EXTRAORDINARY and FASCINATING character, worthy of Dickens or Shakespeare.

But in daytime, there is no longer subtlety. There is no artistic skill and craft in the writing. Bill Bell didnt give a damn what the audience wanted, refusing to adhere to any audience demand, he wrote from his heart - a poet's heart. He had intuition, he knew what worked for story in the long term and what characters could STIR and enlighten the viewers, whether it be a positive or negative effect.

Jack Smith needs to be fired. Y&R is truly going down the s*ithole.

• Members

It's awful, even B&B did a better job with her return than Y&R. What a boring, anti-climatic, useless story! Took up airtime that could've been given to better characters. Smith did an awful job, Sheila fans deserved SO much better.

I think we can assume that Sheila killed Tom then, not Ashley.

• Members

^Sadly, yes.

BUT on B&B Sheila at least screwed up some lives. I mean, she didn't sneak around and do nothing. She held Massimo, Ridge & Nick at gunpoint. They had an actual showdown...it was a little campy but damnit she was used at least.

Her return on Y&R was just bland. The way Sheila was writtten on B&B was over-the-top and definately pyschotic, but Y&R could've delved into that and went into the reasons why. Instead they chose to have her in the background whispering to Scotty while Tom did all the work.

Y&R has been so hit and miss this past year. I really hope it doesn't win Outstanding Drama Series this year, a nom yes, win no.

Archived