'Housewives' heads to daytime TV

Rakesh

• Members

Yeah it is still happening, I saw a promo about it coming this fall.

This won't even be on my NBC affiliate here in Atalnta. They are putting it on that garbage Mynetwork TV affiliate, I don't see how this can be a bad thing for soaps. They have already been competing with these shows while they were on cable, so how is this any different?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How desperate is this franchise becoming if they need to hire the White House party crasher, who then makes all the attention about herself and some claim of Whoopi abusing her? That's just a great way to tell viewers you have little else to offer.

• Members
Judge Judy comes on before DAYS in your market?! They must be moving the show to 4PM where you are or moving to another station.

I have a hard time believing that the NBC affiliate there would rather have Real Housewives reruns than Judge Judy.

• Members

They just moved Judy from an afternoon slot this past season, so I can see them putting her back there. I believe they added an hour newscast in her old timeslot, so who knows. It's currently 11am-Maury, 12pm-Judy, 1pm-DAYS, 2pm-Oz, 3pm-Ellen, 4pm-News. I barely watch NBC (or WDSU) anyway, so it wouldn't even matter to me. I do want to check out RH though...mainly Jersey and Atlanta.

Is Real Housewives gonna be doubled-up or just one episode a day? Because I can see them splitting noon between the news and Real Housewives. Honestly, though, it's weird imagining reruns of something in the middle of new stuff on a network. Our FOX station had reruns of Coach and My Wife and Kids on in the middle of the daytime last season, and it was just oddddd. I don't think poor Coach even lasted two months.

• Members

Yeah they did it for publicity, but that happened after they were hired on the show, not to get on the show. The show has already started airing and that event wont air for another few weeks, later in the season. She was already a part of the cast and thats something she did extra to make herself stand out over the other women

• Members

The party crashing happened at the very end of the season. Because of that there was no way they could even consider dumping her. The first episode featured footage with Edwina Rogers, who was originally signed on as a Housewife before she pulled out. Now since she pulled out early it was easy to edit around her, but the Salahi's had a seasons worth of footage with the others.

Archived