'Housewives' heads to daytime TV

Rakesh

• Members

"The Real Housewives" are coming to daytime.NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution has sold the franchise to NBC Local Media, Hearst Television and other broadcast groups around the country for off-net syndication.First batch of episode will be a combination of the various "Housewives" incarnations -- Orange County, New York City, Atlanta and New Jersey. Rollout will begin in fall 2010, with the show stripped Monday-Friday.NBC Local Media is the umbrella for Peacock's owned-and-operated stations -- in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Miami, San Diego and Hartford, Conn. Hearst stations are in Tampa, Orlando and West Palm Beach, Fla.; plus Sacramento, Louisville, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Baltimore and New Orleans."New Jersey," reupped for a second season, ended its inaugural run in July with a franchise-high 2.5 million viewers per episode.Bravo recently announced a Washington, D.C., version, set for a 2010 launch. http://www.variety.c...egoryid=14&cs=1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OXCet3ekQ0E

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched some of this briefly. The early episodes of OC. I was really put off by some of the families, especially one of the mothers and her incredibly rude, nasty treatment of her son, solely because he reminded her of her ex-husband. It was all very nasty and unpleasant. I'm sad this is the future of daytime, apparently in NBC's mind.

• Members

some of these shows are better than the current crap on the soaps. The NJ housewives were a trip. I wonder if they will have enough episodes though. I know the NJ season was short, like 6 or 7 episodes. NBC can probably go through all the seasons in 3-4 months

• Members

entertaining shows in daytime? a lot of good can come from that.

its bad news for soaps, sure, but if the soaps were not near unwatchable there wouldn't be an issue.

i do feel bad for lower level writers, hair & makeup, lighting people, etc on soaps that will lose jobs. But the industry has done it to itself.

No, there was a reality show on NBC a few years ago before Days.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Anyone hear more about this? Is it still happening? Will it only be on some NBC affiliates or should it be everywhere? Ive grown obsessed with the Housewives franchise and have missed all of OC and the first 2 seasons of NYC. Plus Id love to see Atlanta over from the beginning

Archived