Y&R: Kahlil drops a bomb on buzzworthy radio

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I find interesting about Christel Khalil. She likes to bring up other cast memebers. The samething she said about Davetta. Davetta got fire because cast memebers said she's a drama queen. Now she saying other cast memebers are saying stuff about VR. I bet if you ask these cast memebers they'll said they didn't say it. & then CK would come off looking like the troublemaker that she is.

• Members

Now, as much grief as I give this girl, it's not personal. She DOES seem like a sweet girl on a personal level, while Rowell comes off as uppity and a real pill. I should have called in and asked her if the source of the friction between her and Rowell stem from Rowell not considering her "Black enough" to play her daughter. That's the OTHER theory I have as to why those two don't get along.... especially since almost EVERYTHING Rowell does and says is overcompensation.... everything for her is about ASSERTING her blackness. And since she's half white, she's like Spock, ashamed of the "other half" of themselves.

• Members

What? These are black roles both VR & CK are playing. they not playing a bi racial role. So of course VR going to make sure her black role is doing right. CK doesn't like her black said she shouldn't have gotten the black role. She should have told them she rather play a bi racial role. something that suits her.

Another when people look at VR they don't see bi racial they see black female maybe that why she might be more pro black. 2nd CK knew what the black role was about black family time & might have to date a black guy. Or why she didn't tell them she rather play something that she doesn't have to play black. I saw CK in a movie where she played an latina who wanted to be much whiter so she bleached her skin in that movie. Maybe she should have came on as Diego & Raul younger sister at the time.

• Members

She asserting her blakness because people see her as that. I'm sure on her paper she have bi racial. I bet the producer will say There a black movie coming out maybe try out for that part. There's a black role on the way. Thyat's why she does black movies. Because they see she's black. She probably learn that way when she discuss on when she was walking with her white skinned blue eyes & blonde head daughter in a airport people was mistaken her for her daughter maid. The story went somethnig like that. It was some kind of incident with her daughter in an airport. Even Halle Berry said that it what people see on the outside. Black people are still being judge by their skin in the industry.

I have no problem with CK but I do feel she blocking bi racial & Multi Racial actress who probably can do the role a whole like better with feeling & soul & comes off as Dru daughter. The one who they describe Lily hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Archived