Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

So who is it going to be guys..

Murray or PAS

Aren't both of them 50?

Ha..imagine Cyrus and Danny..setting the Manny world ablaze...Cyrus.."So Danny, we can finally do that thing you whispered into Michelle's ear!"

• Members
1 hour ago, Mitch said:

Ha..imagine Cyrus and Danny..setting the Manny world ablaze...Cyrus.."So Danny, we can finally do that thing you whispered into Michelle's ear!"

With all the pressure from mama Carmen ....Danny would cheat on Michelle with Cyrus. That would've been hot. I'm sure Murray and Paul Anthony would've given it their all.

• Members
On 8/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, Mitch said:

If we could have only one middle aged gay guy on TV who isn't chasing after youth..but then I guess we would have to find one in real life so...

He also hits on another man that is closer to his age.  I’m just kind of happy to watch a gay character that has so much going on, and is also sexual.  Which rarely happens, even on HBO.  The show is so specific and it took me a couple of episodes to decide I liked it.

• Members
On 8/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, Mitch said:

LMAO!
Not sure many caught the reference.

You crack me up, Mitch!

• Members
Posted (edited)

Hey not sure if everyone is aware but since 2019 TV guide has been uploaded to the internet archive from Mar 1953 and so far to Dec 1955. TV guide ran daily synopsis for GL and others (some days are missing here and there) They are usually just one sentence, but if you are interested in 50's GL or 50's TV in general check it out. They also sometimes have LOL, SFT and sometimes the other soaps of the day as well. 

It is in the American Libraries - Media History Digital Library - Filter to 1953 and Chicago and all the issues are there (maybe just one missing) 

Here is an example

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81

• Members
On 8/19/2021 at 8:51 PM, will81 said:

Hey not sure if everyone is aware but since 2019 TV guide has been uploaded to the internet archive from Mar 1953 and so far to Dec 1955. TV guide ran daily synopsis for GL and others (some days are missing here and there) They are usually just one sentence, but if you are interested in 50's GL or 50's TV in general check it out. They also sometimes have LOL, SFT and sometimes the other soaps of the day as well. 

It is in the American Libraries - Media History Digital Library - Filter to 1953 and Chicago and all the issues are there (maybe just one missing) 

Here is an example

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you. I love that GL was immediately followed by a show called "Hi Ladies".

• Members
On 7/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, amybrickwallace said:

How many times does a guest finish a funny or touching anecdote and his only response is, "that's crazy"? Let's just say I only watch for the guests.

I was watching the reunion upload with Carolyn Ann  Clark and Kristen Vigard and although I thought the two were entertaining, I burst out laughing and thought of this conversation when I heard him say this.

• Members
12 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I was watching the reunion upload with Carolyn Ann  Clark and Kristen Vigard and although I thought the two were entertaining, I burst out laughing and thought of this conversation when I heard him say this.

Sad to say, his interviewing skills have not improved. While I appreciate his ability to get terrific guests, his moderating leaves much to be desired. One of his better GL centered shows was with Krista Tesreau and Mark Lewis.

• Members
12 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Sad to say, his interviewing skills have not improved. While I appreciate his ability to get terrific guests, his moderating leaves much to be desired. One of his better GL centered shows was with Krista Tesreau and Mark Lewis.

He has recently joined a vintage soap opera board on Facebook. Now that he is a member, I wonder if folks there will refrain from giving their honest opinions of his "interviewing" style, just out of courtesy. I don't want his feelings slaughtered, of course, but it will be unfortunate if other members can no longer say what they truly think, and must stifle themselves.

• Members
1 hour ago, vetsoapfan said:

He has recently joined a vintage soap opera board on Facebook. Now that he is a member, I wonder if folks there will refrain from giving their honest opinions of his "interviewing" style, just out of courtesy. I don't want his feelings slaughtered, of course, but it will be unfortunate if other members can no longer say what they truly think, and must stifle themselves.

One thing that I have learned from having to critique people's work, in the past, even in person, face to face, during writing workshops, is that you should lead with a positive comment first. I would say "I appreciate the fact that you started these virtual reunions during a time when there is so much anxiety and people are looking for comfort". Then I would say "I like that you're using clips of scenes from these soaps that the guests can comment on", then I would suggest that he'd probably be great at focusing on producing the show and working with a host, he could likely do even more.