Paul Raven

Guiding Light discussion thread

Alan wasn't there for the pam long nor Nancy Curlee years so naturally he doesn't know where to reach them..so he ends up with this bunch from the declining years of the show

How old is Brown anyways? I know he's been doing breakdowns for Y&R recently and was in The Story of Soaps special last month but I had to wonder as I knew Estensten was well into her 70's when she passed several years ago. 

The ideal creme of the crop of still living former GL writers would be Bridget & Jerome Dobson, but that would never happen in a million years. 

Pam Long, Nancy Curlee, Stephen Demorest, and Patrick Mulcahey also go without saying. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

24 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

Alan wasn't there for the pam long nor Nancy Curlee years so naturally he doesn't know where to reach them..so he ends up with this bunch from the declining years of the show

Nancy Curlee is on Facebook and I'm sure Alan knows someone who knows someone who can put him in touch with Pam Long. But I'm not surprised by the selection. And at least it seems the majority want to see Courtney Simon and Millee Taggert. 

2 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Guiding Light Writers Reunion 

From SOD

Alan Locher will welcome Daytime Emmy-winning former GUIDING LIGHT writers Jim Brown, Dave Kreizman, Jill Lorie Hurst, Courtney Simon and Millee Taggert as guests on his YouTube channel, The Locher Report. They will share inside stories about the characters and stories throughout the years. The interview will take place on Wednesday July 1, at 3 p.m. ET 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-guiding-light-reunion-scheduled-3/

That's too many to have on all at once. 

I'm only interested in Taggert and Simon. I doubt Alan will ask Taggert about her time on ATWT as HW.

I will say that Millee and Courtney being included does at least suggest some effort at listening to fans, even if it isn't all I would want. For many years, Kriezman likely would have been the only interview, with a surprise drop-in from Lucky Gold.

Alan doesn't like to discuss controversy.  But how can you have an interesting conversation with soap opera writers without discussing controversy?  At least half of a soap opera writer's life is consumed dealing with network interference, sponsor demands, difficult executive producers, and general frustration.  Writers are seldom allowed to write what they really want to write.  Is he going to forbid them from discussing any of that?  

Alan's questions are so generic. His first question will be...what made you become a writer? His introduction is the same too. He needs to change it up. It gets very stale.

11 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Alan's questions are so generic. His first question will be...what made you become a writer? His introduction is the same too. He needs to change it up. It gets very stale.

She's a mess same dry questions. Same sour face. When actors speak some truths. Or spill some hot pipping tea. 

Edited by victoria foxton

40 minutes ago, antmunoz said:

Hey, at least he moved his “set” to his basement!

Now if he could just stop mentioning OZARK...

Lolololololol