Jump to content
Paul Raven

Guiding Light discussion thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, katie_9918 said:

I still wish Marcy Walker hadn’t been so misused as Tangier’s Hill. Under better circumstances I think she could have done well. She had a good vibe with the rest of the cast.

 

I would have preferred seeing her as Emily Norris, Ken and Janet's daughter, Holly's niece and Blake's cousin.  That way, she would have had more familial connections in Springfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millee was at GL twice during a certain period of time. I think that's what got me thinking about her & an early germ of Jonathan. But, Kreizman & Wheeler make so much more sense.

 

Head writer of Guiding Light (with Stephen Demorest, Leah Laiman and Nancy Williams Watt)
(with Patrick Mulcahey: 1994 - August 1994) 1994 - November 1994

 

Head Writer of Guiding Light (with Carolyn Culliton)
November 2002 - September 12, 2003

 

Succeeded by Ellen Weston Donna Swajeski

 

 

 

 

 

22 hours ago, VanessaReardon said:

I know Paul. I vow to ignore the NUT who invaded the board. She will not engage me ever again. Promise. 

That's the second time you've called me a NUT & it flat-out offends me. I have called you NO NAMES. I will call you none. I am better than that. I'm sorry you don't know better than to call names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 6:41 PM, VanessaReardon said:

So the incompetent Wheeler (Worst EP Ever) couldn’t learn to write Peapack because Conboy and Weston left GL 4 years earlier and were still haunting Wheeler? Got ya.  #nutjob

Who is the #nutjob here? You calling me a name a 3rd time?

8 hours ago, Khan said:

 

I would have preferred seeing her as Emily Norris, Ken and Janet's daughter, Holly's niece and Blake's cousin.  That way, she would have had more familial connections in Springfield.

All I have ever heard about Marcy at GL was that they spent a lot of money on her & it didn't play out very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Khan said:

 

I would have preferred seeing her as Emily Norris, Ken and Janet's daughter, Holly's niece and Blake's cousin.  That way, she would have had more familial connections in Springfield.

 

I agree with that... she had good chemistry with Liz Keifer and Maureen Garrett when they placed her in their orbit... and she could have been the voice of reason in the nutty Norris/Thorpe realm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:31 PM, Paul Raven said:

Have we learned nothing from Jonnysbro and other similar posters?

Some people thrive on attention for whatever reasons and its best to ignore.

Eventually they will move on...

 

I know Donna from RATSC, where she posted for many years... She is not a Jonnysbro-style troll. Y'all can be a bit cliquish, my goodness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, juppiter said:

 

I know Donna from RATSC, where she posted for many years... She is not a Jonnysbro-style troll. Y'all can be a bit cliquish, my goodness.

Thank you juppiter! Send me a PM telling me what your RATSc name was & what a Jonnysbro troll even is!. Because of Y&R and B&B RATSc is still active. And GH has RATSa going, too.  I don't know what came of RATSm & DOOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but Jonathan Randall straight up sucked and the actor was nothing to write home about. I felt bad for ATWT fans when I heard they got stuck with him, and considering that show got to keep their sets to the end and got more time between cancellation and last episode, I irrationally resented them for quite a while.

 

I might be outing myself as an idiot, but for all I’ve privately bemoaned GL utterly wasting Marcy Walker, I never really thought about who else she could have portrayed. 
 

I like Khan’s idea, or if they wanted to connect her to Roger, maybe she could have been a foster child or adopted child that Adam and Sara would have had and then come to Springfield because she found out and then was curious about the biological child Adam never talked about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, katie_9918 said:

I like Khan’s idea, or if they wanted to connect her to Roger, maybe she could have been a foster child or adopted child that Adam and Sara would have had and then come to Springfield because she found out and then was curious about the biological child Adam never talked about.

 

But...hadn't Adam and Sara divorced by the time both left town?

 

Another idea: bring Marcy Walker to GL as a Beth recast.  I don't think Grant Aleksander had returned at that point, but I don't believe that would have made a huge difference.  Beth could have returned to Springfield to help Lillian deal with the fallout from her and Ed's affair; we would have learned that Beth and Phillip had grown apart while in Arizona and decided to divorce; and then Beth would have taken steps toward re-establishing her life in SF (getting involved in Spaulding business, perhaps, or even resuming her artistic career; maybe even pursuing a tentative romance with Nick) that would have had her in the right place, both professionally and emotionally, just in time for Phillip to make his grand return.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Khan said:

Another idea: bring Marcy Walker to GL as a Beth recast.  I don't think Grant Aleksander had returned at that point, but I don't believe that would have made a huge difference.  Beth could have returned to Springfield to help Lillian deal with the fallout from her and Ed's affair; we would have learned that Beth and Phillip had grown apart while in Arizona and decided to divorce; and then Beth would have taken steps toward re-establishing her life in SF (getting involved in Spaulding business, perhaps, or even resuming her artistic career; maybe even pursuing a tentative romance with Nick) that would have had her in the right place, both professionally and emotionally, just in time for Phillip to make his grand return.

 

That definitely would have worked, Khan! Funny thing, when AMC recast Liza initially (then "un-cast) with Beth Ehlers, I thought they chose the wrong GL-Beth. Chamberlin would have made a much better Liza than Ehlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YurSoakinginit said:

Funny thing, when AMC recast Liza initially (then "un-cast) with Beth Ehlers, I thought they chose the wrong GL-Beth. Chamberlin would have made a much better Liza than Ehlers.

 

I still can't believe AMC thought they could get away with casting Beth Ehlers as Liza Colby.  I think I would've seen whether Elizabeth Dennehy or Alexandra Neil was up for the job before hiring BE.  As it was, she didn't even make for a decent Taylor, and that character was created FOR her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, juppiter said:

 

I know Donna from RATSC, where she posted for many years... She is not a Jonnysbro-style troll. Y'all can be a bit cliquish, my goodness.

I apologize for any offence but my response came from the frustration that was shared with others when suddenly multiple threads were full of rambling, irrelevant, repetitive posts.

I welcome all posts. Of course, I may not agree or be interested in each and every one but at the least I would hope the poster put some time or thought into them.

It seems that Donna is aware of that and is modifying her style. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/mff1.html

Who Killed Frankie Frame?

 

Frankie Frame

April 14, 1989 - August 22, 1996

Never Forgotten

 

[It should be noted that in recent interviews, JFP acknowledges blame over Mo's death but says she was not to blame over Frankie. That's simply not true & she is blamed for Framie, by fans, in the AWHP and by WLS.net]

Edited by Donna B
JFP content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...