Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Now you're back to rude mode. Well actually you never left that mode, did you?

Please register in order to view this content

You really don't seem to be able to communicate properly with me. Why is that?

And you keep showing others how argumentative you are. Like fighting over Ruth Warrick is going to bring you some great glory. It's quite odd to say the least. But carry on, if you must!

Why are you using that sort of screen name and not using your real given name? I can't really take a person seriously who posts anonymously on a message board. Maybe if you came out of hiding, your comments would seem a bit more legit, just a thought.

Edited by JarrodMFiresofLove

• Members

I got the sense from what Ruth wrote was that the GL role was hers from the outset but Irna (in her usual fashion) wanted things her way.

So her first day as an anonymous nurse became Nurse Janet Johnson in the following episodes.

As posted, many other actresses were finding movie roles hard to come by and accepted TV roles in NY as Ruth had done. It was just that Ruth had that connection with P&G that the soap role happened.

Her financial situation was a factor at the time. Maybe other actresses had made more money and could be choosier with roles.

• Members

Totally agree with your first paragraph. That's how I interpret it, not the way the other poster working on some research project keeps trying to spin it.

It was a power thing for Irna to show she was boss, she was in control. The role expanded after the first appearance. Ruth's movie appearance were sporadic in the early 50s. If she was accustomed to maintaining a certain lifestyle and had bills to pay, then she had to turn to TV to find work. Or else go into another sort of non-acting job.

• Members

Maybe because you are a POS Nazi.  You made that very clear. You deserve nothing but dirt from the people on this board.  I knew you would show your true colors eventually. Loser trolls always do. Enjoy the attention because eventually the mods will come along and delete you.