Jump to content
Paul Raven

Guiding Light discussion thread

Recommended Posts

I already shared this on the Another World board and wanted to share it here, too. Yesterday, I came across a magazine titled FourTwoNine that featured an excerpt from Armistead Maupin's new memoir. In it, he discusses his relationship with actor Curt Dawson who had played Peter Chapman on Guiding Light. It's a beautiful piece that includes a photo of Dawson. Maupin shares that Sir Ian McKellen was also once in love with Dawson in the early 60s. Maupin talks about visiting Dawson on the set of Guiding Light while high on cocaine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, robbwolff said:

I already shared this on the Another World board and wanted to share it here, too. Yesterday, I came across a magazine titled FourTwoNine that featured an excerpt from Armistead Maupin's new memoir. In it, he discusses his relationship with actor Curt Dawson who had played Peter Chapman on Guiding Light. It's a beautiful piece that includes a photo of Dawson. Maupin shares that Sir Ian McKellen was also once in love with Dawson in the early 60s. Maupin talks about visiting Dawson on the set of Guiding Light while high on cocaine.

 

That's fascinating. 

 

I can't say I quite get the attraction, although he did have some charisma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

That's fascinating. 

 

I can't say I quite get the attraction, although he did have some charisma. 

When I get back from vacation, I will scan the article and post here. I definitely get the attraction. I remember being entranced by Dawson when he was on Another World.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is when I started getting into GL.  Alex was pissed that Alan leant Penelope's dress to Tangie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFK said:

This is when I started getting into GL.  Alex was pissed that Alan leant Penelope's dress to Tangie.

@SFKNo offense, but the Tangie Hill character wasn't particularly popular with GL fans.  Why do you think Marcy Walker ended up leaving the soap later in 1995?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×